Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DL)

Yes, it makes no good sense, or business sense, to be so strict with the timeline immersion. After the movie, that timeline doesn't flow well anyway. As Joe said, just let it be FUN. That's the secret to Potter. Whoever is responsible at Disney trying to be so strict with the Batuu immersion stuff, is just being 'stupid'. A little crass, but that's the best word to describe the stubborn stance. Damn, put all those great Star Wars characters in the land. Why hold back now?

but Potter doesn’t have any walk around characters

One of JKR's stipulations was that all 7 books (8 films) were to be represented in the lands.

I think that that would have been a better plan for Star Wars Land. That is really the beauty of using a generic location like Batuu. It is not tied to any specific timeline. Therefore anyone from any of the films could be there.

One of JKR's stipulations was that all 7 books (8 films) were to be represented in the lands.

I think that that would have been a better plan for Star Wars Land. That is really the beauty of using a generic location like Batuu. It is not tied to any specific timeline. Therefore anyone from any of the films could be there.
I still think this will end up happening at some point down the line.

I mean anything is possible in Star Wars right they could just retcon it to “Battu a land lost to time” or something dumb like that. It’s like a paradox or whatever you call it and due to hyperspace travel and it’s location or relation to it people and things from across time end up there. I’m not an imagineer they’ll obviously put more thought into it than I am.

Want this problem solved you do?
Every character in the movies was a clone. In reality they all live happily together in Black Spire and have a knitting club and do Bingo every Saturday night. :grin:

Yo, question time: I plan to be there bright and early on Jan 17th to check this ride out. I hear there will be a "virtual queue" system. Any details on how that will work? Don't want to get there and be met with surprises.

Yo, question time: I plan to be there bright and early on Jan 17th to check this ride out. I hear there will be a "virtual queue" system. Any details on how that will work? Don't want to get there and be met with surprises.

If it ends up being like it is as DHS, then you basically sign on the App to get a boarding group number. Once your boarding group is called, then you can ride it. I know that at least on one day, the boarding passes were gone within seconds, so even if you are in the park and on the app at opening, you still may not get a boarding pass.

If this ends up being as much of a nightmare as it is at DHS, I may not even try riding it till they get rid of the boarding groups.

What time are you guys arriving at Disneyland on the 17th?
I'm planning on arriving early but I'm waiting on official word when the parking structure will open and such.

What time are you guys arriving at Disneyland on the 17th?
I'm planning on arriving early but I'm waiting on official word when the parking structure will open and such.
Same. I’m even willing to arrive the night before and just sleep in the car. I hope they have restrooms open all night because if not...

I just want to find out more about the Virtual queue situation.

Same. I’m even willing to arrive the night before and just sleep in the car. I hope they have restrooms open all night because if not...

Just do like they do at WDW and get on the monorail. The WDW ones always smell like p _ _ _. :lol:

humm interesting. Earliest i’ll get there is probably like 3 am. Kinda interesting they haven’t said anything about it. Not even officially announcing virtual queue.

humm interesting. Earliest i’ll get there is probably like 3 am. Kinda interesting they haven’t said anything about it. Not even officially announcing virtual queue.
If I’m going to get there that early, I would much rather get there at 11PM or so the night before and sleep in the car. That way, when I get up, all I have to do is get out of the car and walk up to the gate. Makes more sense to me than getting up at 1, getting ready, and driving down there dazed out of my mind. I’m a late owl.

If I’m going to get there that early, I would much rather get there at 11PM or so the night before and sleep in the car. That way, when I get up, all I have to do is get out of the car and walk up to the gate. Makes more sense to me than getting up at 1, getting ready, and driving down there dazed out of my mind. I’m a late owl.
haha that’s totally makes sense. Well let’s just hope we all get decent boarding groups!!!