Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DL) | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DL)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Tomorrow’s the day! To quote Count Dooku: “I’ve been looking forward to this!”

Look out for a bearded guy wearing a leather jacket and grey hood. If you see me, don’t be afraid to say hi! I’ll be there at the gates at 5!

According to Twiiter, they’re using the app system. So camping out is pointless. Once you get into the gate, you can request a boarding group. Saw someone mentioned their friend showed up at 6 am, walked in without waiting, and used the app to get a low boarding number.

Really like this system and hope they stick with it for the next several months.

Reactions: Freak
Boarding group 67 yo!

When have I “complained constantly” about the land itself? Also since when do I have to love the movies to enjoy an awesome ride? Does that mean I have to love Cars to enjoy RSR?
How's the park looking? Crowds bad elsewhere outside of Galaxy's Edge?

How's the park looking? Crowds bad elsewhere outside of Galaxy's Edge?
Right when the clock struck 8, I heard a mixture of panic and cheering when the reservations launched. It was a time of celebrating when we all got it. It was great!

We got ten minute waits on Space and Star Tours. The park seems pretty calm for now, but I think it will get way busier from the GP who haven’t figured out that boarding passes are all sold out.

Reactions: Yabbadabba Doh
First boarding group was 12, last boarding group before reserves was 82 or 84. Ride opened about 50 minutes after park open. The manual distribution locations only had about 50 single boarding passes distributed before cutting off. 50 passes total between them all, not 50 groups, not 50 parties, 50 total. Use the app.

For those of you who have ridden this, how does it compare (to anything really)? From POV's, Timtracker, and my personal observation, it looks like the best ride/experience not only in Orlando, but perhaps the nation? Maybe the world? Thoughts?

For those of you who have ridden this, how does it compare (to anything really)? From POV's, Timtracker, and my personal observation, it looks like the best ride/experience not only in Orlando, but perhaps the nation? Maybe the world? Thoughts?

It's really good but depends on what you're looking for. It's the "best" of this type of trackless Disney dark ride. But you feel like your floating on a cloud through scenes and the ride is missing one more AA scene to really sell it. Instead I'd say it's among the discussion of the best rides, not that it IS.

Reactions: USO92
People aparently were trying to cheat their way on the ride. Yikes

Yes, we saw that yesterday. We didn't ride until around 7pm when our group was called. But throughout the day you could see people trying to con the cast members into ways to get on the ride. #1 excuse was, "My reservation disappeared."

For high thrills like a roller coaster, this is not it. For an immersive ride, great effects, and overall experience, this ride hit it.

I got to the park at 5 am on opening day. I was on the app right at 8 am booking a boarding group. I got boarding group 127. But group 114 was last group they let in for the day, and I never got to ride it. They really need to have a better system. It is frustrating to be doing everything right and still not be able to get on the ride. I found out from a cast member that the booking process uses some sort of "lotto" system. As someone who likes being able to have some control over my outcome, I hate things being left to chance.

• Sad
Reactions: Parkscope Joe
I got to the park at 5 am on opening day. I was on the app right at 8 am booking a boarding group. I got boarding group 127. But group 114 was last group they let in for the day, and I never got to ride it. They really need to have a better system. It is frustrating to be doing everything right and still not be able to get on the ride. I found out from a cast member that the booking process uses some sort of "lotto" system. As someone who likes being able to have some control over my outcome, I hate things being left to chance.
I't would be pretty easy to just let people reserve a boarding group right when they get in just like they originally did in Orlando, but they want to lure more people in the park before people realize the groups are gone. Mr. Mouse gotta get his money.

I got to go on it yesterday! I was boarding group 67. (Just one group away from group 66. Grrr). My quick non-spoiler review would be this: I have never felt so giddy, excited, or in awe of any theme park attraction in my life since riding Spider-man for the first time. This whole thing was a treat from start to finish. Everything you could want to in a theme park ride is in it. It easily blows the doors off of anything Uni has ever done and everything Disney has done previously. Definitely the best in the nation, and dare I say the world. It was too overwhelming the first ride to take everything in.

This ride breaks all tradition of your typical theme park rides. Usually, you wait in a line, well-themed or minimal theming, and then you board the ride with the line of people you're in. Maybe you'll have a preshow, but then you're dumped out with a bunch of people. The moment you step inside of the ship, it's an experience from start to finish, even by how you board the ride vehicles. (Love the bit of the Resistance trying to break you out. Even the load and unloaders play a role). Even though I already knew some things in the ride (The transition from Battuu to the Star Destroyer, the hangar, and AT-ATs), I was in total awe of how convincing and realistic the whole experience was. I love how you exit the same way you entered on the transport ship and how you can't see the mechanism to rotate the cabins to make it ultra-convincing.

The entire ride had me and my entire group going "WTH!?" "What is this madness!?" "Holy crap!" "This is incredible!" WOW!" The entire ride had me feeling like a little kid on Christmas day. The ride took no "breathers" and was a rush from start to finish. They have absolutely used trackless technology to its fullest advantage. The vehicles were a lot "zipper" and faster than I thought they would be. The only major trackless rides I've been on were Ratatouille and Antarctica and they were not very fast. This was like Spider-man fast or even Indy fast, which was a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

It's no wonder this ride took so long to open and was breaking down so much because of how advanced the AAs and practical were. Not to mention how fast the vehicles were. Just a few inches off and the ride would have to shutdown. The escape pod scene....WHOA. That "drop" was very satisfying. It was also fairly intense motion for what it was. Also the fact that it ended outside was something I thought was really neat.

If you know me, I really do NOT like the sequel trilogy, like at all. If that trilogy was the only way to make this ride happen, then I'm willing to forgive it just for this ride (Doesn't mean I want to watch it again haha). The only nit-pick I have is not even a knock on the ride itself, but just a wish. It would have been that much better if it was set in the OT. Replace Kylo and Hux with Tarkin and Vader, put Ackbar in the transport ship, and replace Finn with Han Solo (Two Harrison Ford AAs at DL). It would've been better to hear the imperial march and duel of the fates on there. Just imagine Vader's lightsaber igniting on the scene where he would approach you before the door closes, you hear him breathing, and duel of the fates plays? *Head explodes* But other than that, 15/10 for me. Holy crap.

It's really good but depends on what you're looking for. It's the "best" of this type of trackless Disney dark ride. But you feel like your floating on a cloud through scenes and the ride is missing one more AA scene to really sell it. Instead I'd say it's among the discussion of the best rides, not that it IS.
Really curious how you think that one more AA would "sell it" and what's keeping it from being the best ride in the world. Just curious.

I got to go on it yesterday! I was boarding group 67. (Just one group away from group 66. Grrr). My quick non-spoiler review would be this: I have never felt so giddy, excited, or in awe of any theme park attraction in my life since riding Spider-man for the first time. This whole thing was a treat from start to finish. Everything you could want to in a theme park ride is in it. It easily blows the doors off of anything Uni has ever done and everything Disney has done previously. Definitely the best in the nation, and dare I say the world. It was too overwhelming the first ride to take everything in.

This ride breaks all tradition of your typical theme park rides. Usually, you wait in a line, well-themed or minimal theming, and then you board the ride with the line of people you're in. Maybe you'll have a preshow, but then you're dumped out with a bunch of people. The moment you step inside of the ship, it's an experience from start to finish, even by how you board the ride vehicles. (Love the bit of the Resistance trying to break you out. Even the load and unloaders play a role). Even though I already knew some things in the ride (The transition from Battuu to the Star Destroyer, the hangar, and AT-ATs), I was in total awe of how convincing and realistic the whole experience was. I love how you exit the same way you entered on the transport ship and how you can't see the mechanism to rotate the cabins to make it ultra-convincing.

The entire ride had me and my entire group going "WTH!?" "What is this madness!?" "Holy crap!" "This is incredible!" WOW!" The entire ride had me feeling like a little kid on Christmas day. The ride took no "breathers" and was a rush from start to finish. They have absolutely used trackless technology to its fullest advantage. The vehicles were a lot "zipper" and faster than I thought they would be. The only major trackless rides I've been on were Ratatouille and Antarctica and they were not very fast. This was like Spider-man fast or even Indy fast, which was a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

It's no wonder this ride took so long to open and was breaking down so much because of how advanced the AAs and practical were. Not to mention how fast the vehicles were. Just a few inches off and the ride would have to shutdown. The escape pod scene....WHOA. That "drop" was very satisfying. It was also fairly intense motion for what it was. Also the fact that it ended outside was something I thought was really neat.

If you know me, I really do NOT like the sequel trilogy, like at all. If that trilogy was the only way to make this ride happen, then I'm willing to forgive it just for this ride (Doesn't mean I want to watch it again haha). The only nit-pick I have is not even a knock on the ride itself, but just a wish. It would have been that much better if it was set in the OT. Replace Kylo and Hux with Tarkin and Vader, put Ackbar in the transport ship, and replace Finn with Han Solo (Two Harrison Ford AAs at DL). It would've been better to hear the imperial march and duel of the fates on there. Just imagine Vader's lightsaber igniting on the scene where he would approach you before the door closes, you hear him breathing, and duel of the fates plays? *Head explodes* But other than that, 15/10 for me. Holy crap.

Really curious how you think that one more AA would "sell it" and what's keeping it from being the best ride in the world. Just curious.

I mean one more scene with AAs. It'd sell it more but I don't know if we can really say "best ride in the world" when I haven't been on so many.