Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That quote makes this guy sound like a fool.
Nothing could be worse than the prequels.

Either way I'll know for myself by this time tomorrow.
So...he’s a fool for saying that even though he saw the movie for himself? A lot of reviewers are coming out saying that it’s bad. Even TLJ defenders are hating it!

I also watched the ending on YouTube. It’s worse watching it than reading it.

They literally copy+paste the ending for Endgame! Palps is shooting Rey with lightning while holding one saber. He says, “I am all the Sith!” Rey then force grabs another saber and says, “and I am all the Jedi!” She reflects the lightning onto Palpatine causing an explosion that kills him and Rey. Won’t post it here since I imagine it’s not allowed and will probably get taken own anyway. But yeah, “I am all the Jedi”!? SERIOUSLY!?!? What has Rey done to earn her saying that!?

Because it’s still a part of overarching saga. What was the point of overthrowing the Empire if some rando shows up and says “nah we still here”.
I mean, it’s mimicking history. Just because a government with a philosophy based around subjugation loses a war, doesn’t mean they’re gone.

I mean, it’s mimicking history. Just because a government with a philosophy based around subjugation loses a war, doesn’t mean they’re gone.
And Star Wars has always been a Sci-fi take on the real world good and evils along with political underlinings. Lucas has said so himself about the OT and eventually the PT.

It’s already rotten on RT. Oh boy, brace yourselves. I have my ticket and I’m hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.

I just don’t know what it could do to make it the worst one I just don’t. Guess I’ll see in 24 hours
Don’t think it will be. Think the unrest in the Star Wars fandom with the loud minority and annoyed majority are souring the genuine quality people give it

Interesting read, a ton of reviews seem to share a similar anger Review: ‘Rise Of Skywalker’ Is The Worst ‘Star Wars’ Movie Ever

then again I’m the type to just show up and have plain old fun and not think about it much afterwards

It’s bad enough that adults no longer see grown-up movies in theaters, but now yesterday’s geeks who have taken over pop culture feel entitled to have the kid-friendly franchises aimed at them as well.

Dang.....

Reactions: awhen
56% on Rotten Tomatoes. Wonder how the defenders are gonna work around that one when they throw it away as an excuse for every other subjective movie

I hope I like it
The usual. They' say "The critics know nothing! Look at how high The Last Jedi scored and it was awful" :D

Reactions: chris.g
Are people not liking it because of a lack of finality or just because it's bad? Because a lot i've heard sounds like it's pointing towards the former on why people came away negative towards this film.
Reviewers seemed to have disliked it for 1) Being too convoluted 2) Having scenes that were nothing but fan service and 3) basically adding nothing new, just prettier

I think when push comes to shove I’ll just show up and enjoy it, all arguments aside
Excited to see this this weekend!

I’ve liked all the Star Wars movies on some level, even the prequels which I admit are terrible , so I’m feeling pretty confident I’ll like this one too
I’m in the same boat, I’m not worried about my enjoyment. Just doesn’t sound like the epic ending I hoped for but a fun Star Wars film regardless