Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Psst, J.J. Maybe you should've addressed it in the film, buddy. So many random things were left unaddressed. It's baffling.

Just saw this again and I hate this even more this time around. Don't see myself ever returning to it again at this point. One of the few new things I noticed

Do they just never address Poe getting shot...? I was trying to remember as it happened if Rey healed him or something, but nothing ever came of it. He's just miraculous fine?

it is funny she healed the snake but not her friend....

J.J. should have just let that Finn thing remain a source of mystery and conversation.

But nope! He's gotta go and tell us.

For what it's worth, I thought it was the other thing that Finn wanted to tell Rey. It's clear he's got unrequited, non-platonic feelings for her, and it's the sort of thing he might not be comfortable saying in front of Poe (or anyone else).

More so remember all that Poe and Finn shipping, essentially from what I was told Disney said that was a no -go due to foreign country censors so they decided to showcase romance by having Finn having non platonic feelings for Rey. Having two lesbian characters who weren't major players was okay at least in China but not in Middle East.

Reactions: tankart150
A lot of the things JJ is saying is pissing me off... especially what Finn was going to say to Rey. This could’ve provided a decent plot point, but it needed to happen in Episode 8 here and that’s the major problem with this movie. It feels like we’re just watching what JJ would’ve done in 8 and then he realized he has to end an entire saga at some point.

A lot of the things JJ is saying is pissing me off... especially what he was going to say to Rey. However, this needed to happen in Episode 8 here and that’s the major problem with this movie. It feels like we’re just watching what JJ would’ve done in 8 and then he realized he has to end an entire saga at some point.
I feel Kathleen Kennedy's incompetence put both J.J. and Rian in an unwinable situation. Both are competent directors, but with no over arching storyline, they had to make it up as they went.

It is funny to me that the best film this year was directed by Rian after all the hate he got for Ep. 8. I enjoyed Knives Out WAY more than Ep. 9.

Last edited:
I feel Kathleen Kennedy's incompetence put both J.J. and Rain in an unwinable situation. Both are competent directors, but with no over arching storyline, they had to make it up as they went.

It is funny to me that the best film this year was directed by Rain after all the hate he got for Ep. 8. I enjoyed Knives Out WAY more than Ep. 9.
Knives Out is likely to become a franchise, too.

I will say though, JJ has never been known to know how to close. Look at Lost and Star Trek as examples.

Knives Out is likely to become a franchise, too.

I will say though, JJ has never been known to know how to close. Look at Lost and Star Trek as examples.
I did not watch Lost, but I liked both Star Trek movies. I really liked the first J.J. Star Trek movie. Into The Darkness got a little bogged down by trying to do too much.

Ok, that sounds a little familiar.

That said, my favorite writer can't write an ending, either. And yet, It, Under The Dome, and The Dark Tower are some of my favorite reading material. They all have bad/nonsensical endings. It's not about the destination, it's about the journey.

Last edited:
Just got out. I thought it was great. So happy I can still enjoy Star Wars movies unlike a very vocal lot of you.
Wasn’t nearly as “over nostalgic” as many said it was. Was it perfect, no, but it was extremely entertaining. Not even close to the “worst in the series”.Those folks have no hope in life. I honestly feel sorry for them.

Reactions: ChrisFL
Just got out. I thought it was great. So happy I can still enjoy Star Wars movies unlike a very vocal lot of you.
Wasn’t nearly as “over nostalgic” as many said it was. Was it perfect, no, but it was extremely entertaining. Not even close to the “worst in the series”.Those folks have no hope in life. I honestly feel sorry for them.

Just a suggestion.... You really need to let go of this grudge quest of others opinions.

It’s not a grudge. When People treat their opinion as “fact” is what bothers me. I also truly do feel sorry for them.
What makes your opinion better than anyone else’s here? Everyone is gonna come away from the movie with their own opinion. No one’s opinions are any more valid than anyone else’s.

No one needs nor wants your faux pity, though.

What makes your opinion better than anyone else’s here? Everyone is gonna come away from the movie with their own opinion. No one’s opinions are any more valid than anyone else’s.

No one needs nor wants your faux pity, though.

People posting over and over how something is going to be terrible before actually seeing the movie and then continuing to constantly post negative comments on something they don’t apparently like Are the people I feel sorry for.

People posting over and over how something is going to be terrible before actually seeing the movie and then continuing to constantly post negative comments on something they don’t apparently like Are the people I feel sorry for.
What you don't seem to get is we posted that RotR wasn't ready and the opening was going to be a **** show because we were told it wasn't ready and it was going to be a **** show. Not because we hate Disney. And what happened? They got 12,000 people through the ride the first day with multiple downtimes. They ended up giving away thousands of park hoppers because it was, guess what? A **** show.

And if you recall, we all said the exact same thing about Hagrid's. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if it's not working well enough to pull off soft opens (or even CM Previews), flinging the doors open to full blown operations probably isn't a good idea.

What you don't seem to get is we posted that RotR wasn't ready and the opening was going to be a **** show because we were told it wasn't ready and it was going to be a **** show. Not because we hate Disney. And what happened? They got 12,000 people through the ride the first day with multiple downtimes. They ended up giving away thousands of park hoppers because it was, guess what? A **** show.

And if you recall, we all said the exact same thing about Hagrid's. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if it's not working well enough to pull off soft opens (or even CM Previews), flinging the doors open to full blown operations probably isn't a good idea.

this is the rise of the Skywalker thread

this is the rise of the Skywalker thread
Ok, there were lots of indicators after TLJ that the story was a mess and pulling this film into an elegant landing for the trilogy was not in the cards. Calling it based on the available info doesn't mean we hate Disney or that we want it to fail, just that the available info points towards a problematic project.