Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Rey with a double-bladed red lightsaber. The sound of Darth Vader’s labored breathing. An epic duel between Rey and Kylo Ren on what appears to be a piece of debris on a roiling sea. And, turning toward the skies, Star Destroyers and X-wings are far as the eye can see.

These glimpses were just part of the exclusive preview footage from Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker that left the crowd at the Walt Disney Studios panel at D23 Expo gasping Saturday morning.

That is directly from starwars.com

Monday Disney are supposed to release the footage for everyone to see.

That saber looks awfully clunky, not sure I’m the biggest fan!

Fingers crossed JJ isn’t going to trace over the plot of Revenge of the Sith...

Calling it now, the footage has been edited and the 'double saber' is actually half red and half green/blue.

Blah blah, balance of light and dark.

If you look closely at the last part where she opens the lightsaber she has a ring on of some sort but you can't quite see what it is, the same as Snokes, it does look black.

I’ll wait and see some reviews but I doubt I’ll be seeing this in the cinema after TLJ.

funny enough, The Last Jedi has pretty favorable reviews among critics. It was the "fans" and the internet bandwagon that help create the negativity surrounding the movie.

Paying $20 for the fancy seat that moves theater for this one... maybe Imax but I don't know how much of this was shot for Imax. A lot of the theaters have not upgraded to laser but the films are shown on older digital Imax projectors which arent at all worth it.

I can't help but feel Rise of Skywalker refers to Kylo Ren/Ben as he is of Skywalker descent. As far as dark Rey...I hope she turns bad as it would be very interesting, but I don't think JJ has it in him to do that. We'll see

And just like that..all the “Last Jedi” haters and Disney haters got pulled right back into the hype machine.