Star Wars Themed Land Speculation | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars Themed Land Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I saw that earlier. Here is what I believe will be coming to the park for the Pixar expansion. The Monsters Inc. area was just recently greenlit for both DCA and DHS, so I don't believe this was a part of the original budget.

Monsters, Inc.
Streets of America will be transformed into a GIANT partially enclosed Monsters, Inc. factory (the building will feel like it is completely enclosed by it won't be it will most likely just be a roof). Guests can walk around the factory and meet monsters from the movies. The previous Muppet Vision theater will be taken over by Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (moved over from the Magic Kingdom). A large area of the factory will be a inverted roller coaster (it will be a family coaster), themed to the doors from the movie. Possible plot line could be Randall returning to the factory and causing chaos.
Cars Land
Cars Land will consist of RSR, (which WILL NOT be a shorter version of the original. The track will be the same length, but the cars will be able to go up to 60 MPH on the race section. So it will be an improvement on the original ride) Maters Junkyard Jamboree, and a very unique food court/shopping area. This food court will be similar to the Simpsons one at USO, but will be EVEN MORE themed. You will go through a cave in the rock work for RSR, and will enter a warehouse that will contains a mini-sized version of Radiator Springs, an experience similar to the one at DCA, minus the Cozy Cone and Luigi's. The warehouse will be painted to appear that you entered RS at night. Mater's Junkyard Jamboree will be inside here as well. RSR will be located outside of the food court and entrance will be different. LMA and Backlot Tour will become RSR, and the Radiator Springs Experience will be inside the warehouse next to Toy Story Midway Mania.

Is this your guess, or a substantial rumor?

Damn! Haha. I wanted to see MI moved from tomorrow land to HS
There have been small rumors that it could be brought over. Now that a Monsters Inc. Land has been greenlit, I think we could see Laugh Floor transported to the park to possibly replace the Muppet Theatre. Anything is possible.

ripping out the Great Movie Ride would be like ripping out Spaceship Earth..I just don't see them doing anything that invasive. If they get rid of the studio tour (which Im betting on) do you think they should re-name the park?

ripping out the Great Movie Ride would be like ripping out Spaceship Earth..I just don't see them doing anything that invasive. If they get rid of the studio tour (which Im betting on) do you think they should re-name the park?

Man I love the great movie ride, but that comparison is not even close, in my opinion.

At the most I could see them completely redoing the ride. I just wouldn't think they would remove it.

Indiana Jones is plenty of room for an E-ticket.

The whole park is random: What do Star Wars, Muppets, PIXAR, Twilight Zone, Aerosmith, and Little Mermaid have in common? Absolutely nothing.

I vote for the park to be renamed "Random WDW Park #4".

Man I love the great movie ride, but that comparison is not even close, in my opinion.

why not? They are both long slow dark rides, and were originally the "showcase" of both parks. You might think the Giant Golf ball is more iconic (and you would be right!) but it's still the same general idea for both rides.

- - - Updated - - -

SO...if they did remove the Mann's Chinese theater what would be the new centerpiece?

And Echo Lake could totally become a walk through Dagobah attraction where you meet Yoda.

Let's do both... or rather tear down GMR and move Spaceship Earth... and now you have your new park logo... SSE re-themed as the Death Star!

Apparently we could possibly see a Carthay Circle replica added (the one already in the park could be removed).

But since the park really isn't a backlot/Hollywood-themed park anymore, it just wouldn't make sense.

Here are the lands/stand-alone attractions that will be in the park after the expansion:
-Star Wars
-Cars
-Monsters, Inc.
-Toy Story
-The Muppets
-Aerosmith
-The Twilight Zone
-Fantasmic!

I have no clue what the entire park will be named after those are the only attractions left at the park and none of them make any sense to be put together.

Let's do both... or rather tear down GMR and move Spaceship Earth... and now you have your new park logo... SSE re-themed as the Death Star!

I got mocked last time I suggested Death Star to replace Spaceship Earth lol

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently we could possibly see a Carthay Circle replica added (the one already in the park could be removed).

But since the park really isn't a backlot/Hollywood-themed park anymore, it just wouldn't make sense.

Here are the lands/stand-alone attractions that will be in the park after the expansion:
-Star Wars
-Cars
-Monsters, Inc.
-Toy Story
-The Muppets
-Aerosmith
-The Twilight Zone
-Fantasmic!

I have no clue what the entire park will be named after those are the only attractions left at the park and none of them make any sense to be put together.

If DHS were to get RSR, a New E-Ticket Star Wars Ride, and a Indiana Jones Dark Ride it would become my favorite Disney park for sure. And I know I wouldn't be the only one to think that.

If they make a kiddie SW ride, that gives them roon to make a more thrilling SW E-ticket. considering HS has the parks most thrilling rides already, it could really make the park a more "teen-adult" park that Disney really needs, Im excited to see what they reveal, but I'm keeping my expectations realistic.

If DHS were to get RSR, a New E-Ticket Star Wars Ride, and a Indiana Jones Dark Ride it would become my favorite Disney park for sure. And I know I wouldn't be the only one to think that.[/QUOTE]

I second this :thumbs:

So what are some possibilites for DHS to be renamed? Because it needs one once they remove the Backlot Tour.

I've never understood: Why the heck are Cars and Monsters Inc. the only PIXAR movies with official lands coming in? I would love a HUGE Toy Story area. I mean, the third movie is PIXAR's biggest hit. And the series is extremely popular with kids and adults alike, unlike the Cars series. I'd love Toy Story and Monsters, Inc. lands instead of a Cars one. But a good themed Toy Story land, not the carnival ride-section at Hong Kong Disneyland.

Last edited:
Despite Disney currently being my favorite due to nostalgia, I really wish that Universal had the theme park rights to Star Wars because Universal would go all-out on it without any budget cuts making crazy cool rides and experiences.

Disney, don't disappoint!!!

Despite Disney currently being my favorite due to nostalgia, I really wish that Universal had the theme park rights to Star Wars because Universal would go all-out on it without any budget cuts making crazy cool rides and experiences.

Disney, don't disappoint!!!

I hope Disney doesn't disappoint as well. I love Disney but it is obvious that Universal is on a roll and has no intentions of slowing down. I'm hoping that will be the motivation for Disney to step it up but it might be wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts