State of USH - What's Next? | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

State of USH - What's Next?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Once you've been inside that venue, I think you'd realize the second story of Jurassic is not a comparable experience. It'd be like going from the Four Seasons to a Days Inn.

Yeah, that'd have to be a very extensive remodel. They have a flex space above the Starbucks/Ben & Jerry's that's been used for HHN, but it isn't set up for full food service.

The reality is they probably aren't going to sacrifice a popular F&B option for something like this. They're much more likely to do what we all expected but dismissed for some reason - tear out Parisian Courtyard and stick it there, if anything at all.

Yeah, that'd have to be a very extensive remodel. They have a flex space above the Starbucks/Ben & Jerry's that's been used for HHN, but it isn't set up for full food service.

The reality is they probably aren't going to sacrifice a popular F&B option for something like this. They're much more likely to do what we all expected but dismissed for some reason - tear out Parisian Courtyard and stick it there, if anything at all.
I truly believe if they can get creative enough, they could probably cram another small dark ride that's of the style of either SLoP or a a very small C-ticket level dark ride (Like maybe Cat in the Hat but smaller and shorter) into Parisian by having the entire ride on a second floor and have the queue, restrooms, and Mel's on the first floor. If they won't do that, then leave Parisian Courtyard alone. Don't tread on my favorite quiet spot in the park (Even if it's only open for three months at the beginning of the year) and certainly don't tread on one of the more underrated venues for HHN!

If people are going for the venue and or the express passes you get/private tour then that’s on them

I’m at least not going to hold back the park from growing because 1 percent of guests might not like it

Also they can definitely upgrade the second story of Jurassic to look much nicer. Ik not saying just do it without trying to replace it

If people are going for the venue and or the express passes you get/private tour then that’s on them

I’m at least not going to hold back the park from growing because 1 percent of guests might not like it

Also they can definitely upgrade the second story of Jurassic to look much nicer. Ik not saying just do it without trying to replace it

I think the people that run the park might disagree with you, and they're the ones making the decisions. They have an incentive to provide a top-notch experience for the guests paying top dollar.

Reactions: Rideguy70
I think the people that run the park might disagree with you, and they're the ones making the decisions. They have an incentive to provide a top-notch experience for the guests paying top dollar.
i mean people pay 50 bucks for closer but the same kinda parking you get for less money. So I'd first ask what the VIP people are going for because I've never heard the food. Its about getting into SNW with an express pass or the tour from what I've ever seen

I also find it kinda weird people here think its impossible to plus up the Jurassic second story. Simpsonsland was better then what was there before, Same with Potterland and SNW. I've only in the past few years seen USH be very good as plusing the park so no clue why people think it would be impossible for them to make the second story much nicerm it has room to make it into a restaurant/lounge area and takes up ZERO place in park but people here want to fight for not another ride in the upper lot....for something most guests will never see?

We just have different priories, I guess tommorrowland can't get rid of its new DVC ever then? Thats what you are arguing for

i mean people pay 50 bucks for closer but the same kinda parking you get for less money. So I'd first ask what the VIP people are going for because I've never heard the food. Its about getting into SNW with an express pass or the tour from what I've ever seen

I also find it kinda weird people here think its impossible to plus up the Jurassic second story. Simpsonsland was better then what was there before, Same with Potterland and SNW. I've only in the past few years seen USH be very good as plusing the park so no clue why people think it would be impossible for them to make the second story much nicerm it has room to make it into a restaurant/lounge area and takes up ZERO place in park but people here want to fight for not another ride in the upper lot....for something most guests will never see?

We just have different priories, I guess tommorrowland can't get rid of its new DVC ever then? Thats what you are arguing for

Frankly, I would suggest you think about this less emotionally. I'm not arguing *for* anything - I'm pointing out the factors that the park's decision makers must take into account when exploring the sorts of expansions you and others are proposing.

This isn't Roller Coaster Tycoon - you can't simply wipe out a building you personally think is being underutilized and plop down a new build. These parks are complex beasts with competing needs, and everything can't be a new attraction. I am telling you, with some level of confidence, that the park is unlikely to give up the French Street bistro unless it absolutely has to, as it is a key flex, centrally located space that is used for VIP guests and other events.

Could they spend time, money, and resources to upgrade the second floor of Jurassic Cafe and turn it into a similar VIP/flex space? Sure, theoretically, but there is no indication that they intend to when they already have a perfectly functional location for those purposes. Again, *if* they were to attempt to expand "Minion Land" with a new compact experience, Parisian Courtyard is much more likely to be reworked. You don't have to like it, but that's the reality.

I'm assuming you guys mean Moulin Rouge and not the grab-n-go French Street Bistro.

Jurassic Cafe's upper level is essential for overflow dining during peak times and that's still not enough seating so I'm not sure it can be used for VIP dining.

That said, do we really need the splash pad in SSFL?

Reactions: salismetho
I'm assuming you guys mean Moulin Rouge and not the grab-n-go French Street Bistro.

Jurassic Cafe's upper level is essential for overflow dining during peak times and that's still not enough seating so I'm not sure it can be used for VIP dining.

Honestly the park doesn't have a ton of play areas or a ton for little kids to do in general, even more so now, so I do think they should keep the splash pad

Reactions: Freak

There are a LOT of kids that like to come to the area to get wet during the hot days. They have changing rooms there so it’s essentially a mini water park for the kids to play at. The Nickelodeon Blast Zone back in the day was REALLY popular with the kids, especially the water play area. If they brought that wet play area back after they got rid of Blast Zone/CG, then there was obviously a demand for it. We grown adults might not care for it much (Unless it’s blazing outside but even then we would probably just go on JW) but the kids really do!

I'm not opposed to keeping something around for the kids. I just feel it is underutilized during the winter. Perhaps another flat ride that can be better utilized year-round. There's also some dead space next to the current playground that they could expand and add more play structures.

I feel like they should add another flat Ride to Super Sully Fun Land. Maybe move the small playground off the back left of the land. Maybe something like Freeze Sliders from Japan. USH needs more rides and more capacity, and more kids rides as well.
1680671377616.jpeg

Yeah, in a way, I wished they had a ride that could take advantage of some of the views back there. Sometimes I wish that theming wall wasn't up near Super Silly Swirl (although I get why it is there)

Reactions: Clive
If they could get rid of the water area for a Flat ride then wonderful, but I just doubt they will spend money on that area unless they are adding something big.
I feel like lands after DK will have more room for smaller C ticket rides like these.

Yeah, in a way, I wished they had a ride that could take advantage of some of the views back there. Sometimes I wish that theming wall wasn't up near Super Silly Swirl (although I get why it is there)
Any spinner that goes over the edge of the hill would be a great addition.

So over on the DK coming to USH thread word got out that due to a variety of factors including conflicts with the film studio proper in regards to needing to keep the soundstages for filming, it could very well be possible DK is dead for USH. What will happen from there? Depending on the Nintendo contract will Uni find a way to demo the soundstages anyway? Will an expansion to SNW still happen down the line with a different IP, or will nothing happen at all? Also how does that fact that USH was unable to procure the soundstages behind SNW for DK bode for further USH expansion? Does that mean we can kiss the idea of getting a new land where Mummy and the soundstages to the left of it are goodbye?

Maybe we should wait a beat before declaring that Donkey Kong isn’t coming…?
I agree but it doesn't help that someone fairly reliable said it's probably not happening.

But again, if they have a contract with Nintendo, they'll find a way. This just seems like a move the studio would've done in like 2007.

Reactions: Coolbfitz