State of USH - What's Next? | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

State of USH - What's Next?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree but it doesn't help that someone fairly reliable said it's probably not happening.

But again, if they have a contract with Nintendo, they'll find a way. This just seems like a move the studio would've done in like 2007.
I think they have a couple of options of where this could go. First in the plot occupied by mummy and the soundstages to the left of it. I think this is the least likely option as I believe @chris.g said they are plans to address this area. Plus if you include Mummy in the plot, it would be larger than the original plot behind SNW. I would think they want the first option earmarked for another non Nintendo IP. But there is the current tram load and unload assuming they want to move the tram stop and make it an up charged experience. Then there is falls lake, which could work due to it being secluded with the jungle setting of DK.

Is a second gate around 2028 just completely out of the question? Between DK, Zelda, Pokemon, HTTYD, Monsters, (LOTR?) etc, there's a lot of stuff that can't fit in just one park. I have to imagine they're at least looking into it.

@AlexanderMBush looks at the keyboard, begins cracking his knuckles...
Calling me out like that man :smirk:
where would you put a second gate
The only area that comes to mind is Falls Lake, Jupiter's Claim, Psycho house/Bates Motel, War of The Worlds Sets, the Cinema Lot, and the plot that was proposed for a parking expansion for the ET Lot, but I also think that's realistically improbable due to a multitude of reasons (even though it'd give them the footing for an indoor park).

Also I think we fail to take account of the most "realistic" option of a second gate. And that is branching the Studio Tour off to be the equivalent to the WB Studio Tour down in Burbank.

where would you put a second gate
Don't know, that's why I'm asking. I think what AlexanderMBush mentioned seems possible... although to be fair kinda small.

I just think that after EU, Frisco, and Vegas, it wouldn't surprise me if they were planning even more. Especially now that they're seeing how big Nintendo is.

We know Simpsons is on that 20 year contract and it be there at least until 2028. After that I don't think Universal will renew.
counterpoint: we don't know that. it has been speculated, perhaps with sound logic, but we really don't know what the contract looks like nor do we have a good sense of what disney and universal will do when it expires.