State of USH - What's Next? | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

State of USH - What's Next?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not against Potter second new land being not near the first one but I just don't see it in the lower lot. Especially if You could see the castle from the tram area/kinda Simpsons land. I'd just assume it will be on the right side of the park and not the lower lot.

But we are all speculating on things, also it really is a shame the location of the dreamworks theater would have been a perfect spot to ride the train attraction and here have it not move and just be a simulator. I know its a C ticket attraction but the little potter coaster gets to 60-110 mins at peak times so bet the train would be busy for how simple it is
It just hit me. In order to make the Ministry of Magic land happen one option could be to demo the AMC movie theater (movie theaters are not as popular as they once were due to streaming) and use that and what I presume to be a storage warehouse for the Ministry of Magic land/attraction, and from there you can have that transition in a Classic Monsters area. Having the Classic Monsters back in falls lake would kind work theme wise being secluded away from the main park.

It just hit me. In order to make the Ministry of Magic land happen one option could be to demo the AMC movie theater (movie theaters are not as popular as they once were due to streaming) and use that and what I presume to be a storage warehouse for the Ministry of Magic land/attraction, and from there you can have that transition in a Classic Monsters area. Having the Classic Monsters back in falls lake would kind work theme wise being secluded away from the main park.
respectfully this is an awful idea. that amc imax is one of the best in LA, even the country. its a major selling point for me and alot of others to even visit citywalk

respectfully this is an awful idea. that amc imax is one of the best in LA, even the country. its a major selling point for me and alot of others to even visit citywalk
Ok scratch that Idea. Ministry of Magic can either go in the tram stop or in Falls Lake via the Hogswart Express which would go where the tram station is currently.

The real question is when will they build Starway 2. Feel like at some points there's gonna be too many crowds for just one lol

If you move the tram and use falls lake you easily have room for two lands.

AMC theater just got updated before covid and is doing well and Citywalk needs things to do besides food

I would not mind seeing Citywalk getting smaller but would make more sense to me to demo the buildings near the entrance and use WW for something new. They have a ton....a ton of space not rented out by anyone and would rather them see them fill those and have room to close the area near the entrance

Also they need to buy the golf course if they can, move more studios stuff and a hotel there. Everyone is happy except for the 100 year old dinosaurs still playing golf (I dont hate golf but for the amount of jobs and joy that could be brought to that area....the golf course is for a very few people vs making Universal a real resort)

Also they need to buy the golf course if they can, move more studios stuff and a hotel there. Everyone is happy except for the 100 year old dinosaurs still playing golf (I dont hate golf but for the amount of jobs and joy that could be brought to that area....the golf course is for a very few people vs making Universal a real resort)
Well that's....certainly a take.

If Uni could do everything they could to buy that golf course for that purpose, they definitely would. The golf course issue is more than a bunch of old people (Or "100 year old dinosaurs" as you call them).

Is falls lake that far of a walk?

I feel like it doesn't need a tram for most people, it's near the one end of Citywalk and maybe you could make a small entrance for VIP/AP's only near Jimmy Buffet

I wont be surprised if its true...moving Falls lake/destroying 3/4 sound stages isn't cheap
Hopefully we hear more about what lands they have planned for the future including what they plan to put in the soundstages to the right of Mummy and Transformers and A Simpsons replacement. But I personally think that is to good to be true.

Can anyone here confirm if this is true:

So January 26th.

Most of the stuff they get absolutely wrong, but I am half-curious to see what happens if they're right. Hoping they're right. Honestly would make a lot of sense if Hollywood is ready to give an update for the sake of the road to LA2028 for both the Studio and the Park as a whole. Especially; as they will be the media hub for all of IOC/Olympics in the terms of international news groups having residency over the period of time.

Also as an additional note: Come August it will be the 10th year anniversary of LACounty's Approval of the Evolution Plan. Can't help but think they'll make that notable in some aspect.

Last edited:
So January 26th.

Most of the stuff they get absolutely wrong, but I am half-curious to see what happens if they're right. Hoping they're right. Honestly would make a lot of sense if Hollywood is ready to give an update for the sake of the road to LA2028 for both the Studio and the Park as a whole. Especially; as they will be the media hub for all of IOC/Olympics in the terms of international news groups having residency over the period of time.

Also as an additional note: Come August it will be the 10th year anniversary of LACounty's Approval of the Evolution Plan. Can't help but think they'll make that notable in some aspect.
If they are indeed investing 1 billion in the park, I think it will include additions to the park well beyond 2028. Because there is no way they are going to have expanded the theme park in areas that were discussed earlier today in 5 years. By 2028 USH i predict will have the F&F coaster, DK, a new DWT film (HTTYD to tie into EU's opening) and maybe a new land in the location of the soundstages to the right of Transformers and will have at least broken ground on The Simpsons Ride replacement.

A billion dollars feels like they can do more than that. They still need to get the remaining Red Sea Soundstages made, and I imagine large scale investments like F&F, DK, Bourne and other things would have to bump it up.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
A billion dollars feels like they can do more than that. They still need to get the remaining Red Sea Soundstages made, and I imagine large scale investments like F&F, DK, Bourne and other things would have to bump it up.
I know. It's a matter of what and where. For example if they did a port of the EU classic monsters land would they want to put in on the lower lot and replace those soundstages next to Mummy or put it in a more secluded area when USH gets expanded. The Starway would take a lot of immersion out of a monsters land. But with the sight lines from SNW not being that great maybe they don't care LOL.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
So January 26th.

Thnking about this, I think i can see what they could do if this happens:

Studio
- LA2028 Preparations information (specifically to demonstrate how the Studio will use the lot for IOC/Global)
- Creative Campus Update
- Remaining Park Lake Stages to be built (they are explicitly shown at the Barham art. Makes sense we get a reconfirmation, as they were intended for IOC)

Park
- Donkey Kong Country (Inclined to trust Drew Taylor's words. Think however this is not Summer, but is actually Holiday 2025, to coincide with whatever comes next for DKC (Whether it be a new game or even that rumored Illumination Spin-off)
- Hollywood Drift (With it seemingly a lock for 2024, makes sense they would aim to get this out sooner than later in information. If not now, then by May or June.)
- Hotel/Expansion of Citywalk (With IOC News Medias, I actually think this is going to be a larger topic that could justify this going to a billion. We've speculated, wished, and talked about the potential of a hotel to death. But I genuinely, fully think; they have to have the spaces locked down for the 2028 year. Even if it's just for one of the Hotels, USH desperately needs it)

Most of what I think outside of Studio and Hotel, won't be talked about beyond 2025. Save them for a later time, and focus on what'd be coming in the "Immediate" future. The immediate moment. One of the problems they did with Hogsmeade was having the "big" end-project in public sight. Focus on what is coming in the next two years for the parks and focus on studio needs first and foremost.

Last edited:
Reactions: joerodriguez