Stranger Things (HHN 32) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Stranger Things (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If it weren't for them doing Dead Man's Pier last year I would've agreed but... View attachment 19499
I was under the impression she was a projection, for one, as a reason that moment works is the forced perspective. Second, the bow of the ship is higher and narrower than a double-wide trailer. That allows you to actually see what’s happening from the ground. She also has a motion that draws her to the railing. None of the visual, performative aspects of the MoP scene lend to that.

Reactions: Kichkinet85
Could only afford the rights to one hit from the 80s and Metallica is known to charge up the nose for anything?
Didn’t they play For Whom the Bell Tolss at the Zombieland Scarezone?
I was under the impression she was a projection, for one, as a reason that moment works is the forced perspective. Second, the bow of the ship is higher and narrower than a double-wide trailer. That allows you to actually see what’s happening from the ground. She also has a motion that draws her to the railing. None of the visual, performative aspects of the MoP scene lend to that.
What about the Beetlejuice facade? Granted it was on an elevated ramps; and did a range of wide actions. Performative aspects may not bring attention, but good lighting sure does

What about the Beetlejuice facade? Granted it was on an elevated ramps; and did a range of wide actions. Performative aspects may not bring attention, but good lighting sure does
But to my point, that was a facade.

Honestly, the only way you could do it in the house is if it’s structured like the barrel scare from Carnival Graveyard where you’re walking under him. However, that position worked because the performer was on a narrow platform at the end of a hallway/path you walk under. That’s the opposite of how the characters operate through that scene. The other characters don’t see it. If we’re following the Vecna story, Eddie happens behind us.

But to my point, that was a facade.

Honestly, the only way you could do it in the house is if it’s structured like the barrel scare from Carnival Graveyard where you’re walking under him. However, that position worked because the performer was on a narrow platform at the end of a hallway/path you walk under. That’s the opposite of how the characters operate through that scene. The other characters don’t see it. If we’re following the Vecna story, Eddie happens behind us.
I agree with the original point from saint.piss; a structure similar to the dead man’s pier violin scene would be the way to faithfully recreate the scene. I don’t think we will be stuck on a character’s perspective or narrative beats for this house, specially how the past two ST houses present iconic scenes.

Because promotional art isn’t always accurate.

EDIT TO ADD - to be honest, the MoP scene wouldn’t have worked in any capacity other than a facade. To see Eddie a top the trailer, you have to be far enough away to see over the trailer. A house wouldn’t have that space. Never mind the bat things would only work as a massive screen with the scale of it all.

From a purely technical standpoint, the scene would have been exceptionally difficult to pull off.
You'd have to essentially have 2 identical rooms with the Eddie in place atop the trailer that you'd shunt guests back and forth between for breaks, sorta like a reverse of the Zuul/Dana chair swap from Ghostbusters (I think this was the swap at least, whichever scene rotated to swap in new scareactors).

kind of disappointed that we’re not going to see the Eddie Munson scene. Still very excited as to what this house can bring. Scare wise

Last edited:
All I want are these two moments and I'll be happy

Running Away Stranger Things GIF by NETFLIX

View attachment 19498
I wanna see eleven taking that helicopter down. To me that was the most iconic scene. Her dark phoenix moment. Her playing with it by spinning it around before the final pull. Loved it. She was enjoying it.
Oh boy, GP is gonna be absolutely pissed.

I will be SHOCKED if this house doesn’t include Eddie on the trailer. Are they taking a unique route to this house? Does it truly focus on only one storyline?

Also, not to sound rude, but I distinctly remember a few people saying that the Metallica rumor early in the season spawned from Universal struggling to get the rights to MoP for ST. But I also remember the same folks saying that they did, in fact, get the rights to that song (and Running Up That Hill). I’m very confused about this house

I have been thinking about this for a bit and I honestly hope the Master of Puppets scene DOESN’T make any sort of appearance.

Sure, it’s an iconic scene, but if they really are doing a focus on Vecna, it’s too far removed.

As well, I love Eddie and hate Stranger Things’ habit of killing off fan favorites.

Further reading on this second point:

https://nerdist.com/article/strange...ary-satanic-panic-storyline-joseph-quinn/?amp

And:

https://collider.com/eddie-stranger-things-4-didnt-need-to-die/

I still think it is possible to execute the scene, but I doubt it will look as cool as people are hoping.

What's the point of acquiring/licensing an IP house if it doesn't have any of the popular characters or memorable scenes?

Imagine if the first ST house didn't have the light-up alphabet scene. I think it's safe to say Eddie on top of the trailer is this season's most iconic imagery.

What's the point of acquiring/licensing an IP house if it doesn't have any of the popular characters or memorable scenes?

Imagine if the first ST house didn't have the light-up alphabet scene. I think it's safe to say Eddie on top of the trailer is this season's most iconic imagery.
My thoughts exactly. I don’t even agree that it doesn’t fit in the Vecna story; even if the house only features the Hawkins plotline, Eddie’s death is a pretty major part of that plot.