Studio Tour | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Been on the tour since the 70s and was a main tour attraction and used on many TV shows. When the new 360 3D Kong was built almost literally right across it, it made it awkward and cumbersome to have them both run at the same time, since trams would need to loop the same road twice. It's now only used very rarely to make up for the lack of other tour attractions that might be having a refurbishment, like earthquake recently had. I kinda miss it. Always hilarious seeing newbies yell in fear when it collapsed.

Personally, even though it wouldn't have made sense location wise and wouldn't have fit, I think it would've been amazing if you had to cross the bridge TO enter skull island. You cross the rickety bridge, decorate it a bit with skulls, it drops, and you immediately enter skull island. Would've added extra thrill and would continually preserve an old segment

That's actually what I thought back when I was experiencing the studio tour/Kong 360 for the first time! I thought we'd have to cross the bridge in order to get into the "Skull Island environment," but that's clearly not so. I went on the tour back when Earthquake was in refurbishment, but there was never anything to make up for it.

Hmmm.... Is anything else planned to close for refurbishment soon??  :lol:   The Red Sea is back again which'll decrease the chances of me ever seeing it, but who knows... I may have to sneak into the Backlot and do some tinkering with an attraction or two...  :ph34r:

That brings up another interesting topic: filming in the Backlot! Has anyone had a cool experience or seen anything interesting happen? I remember back in December, I went for my birthday and the Studio Tour was incredibly slow because they were filming CSI down in the Metropolis/NY sets. If you were up on the Starway bridge (next to the Apollo 13 photo op) you could look down and see all the fake smoke and police sirens flashing. It was pretty cool! Also, when I went about 2/3 weeks ago, they were filming a commercial themed to the 1930s and all the extras were sitting off to the side reading magazines and looking at their phones while waving at us. Everyone on the tram was extremely amused.

Last year in January I think it was, I saw Hugh Laurie wave to our tram while filming an episode of House. When I was six or so I saw Lucy Lawless from a distance when our tram was stopped and silent as they were filming an episode of Xena: Warrior Princess.

I remember seeing the Christmas parade scene being shot for Jingle All the Way.We got to see all the Turbo-Man suits lined up near a wall. House of 1000 Corpses was shooting at the Chicken Ranch, that was one of my earliest memories of seeing a movie set with people holding equipment and people in costumes all over the place.  My most recent trip, the comedy duo, "Key and Peele" were on NY Street shooting a skit that looked like it was set in the 1940s. We've also seen the old lady from Desperate Housewives giving what I think was her family a tour of Wysteria Lane as we drove down it. Never saw any actual filming, but we did see the building/set design process of the Psycho house/Bates Motel for the remake.

We've been told that they're constructing additional restrooms by the Studio Tour entrance by multiple sources, but the area still looks a bit strange for simple expansion.

What do others think? I'm still thinking restrooms, but there's a bit of doubt now that I've see what's going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going on the Studio Tour for the first time in a long while on Sunday. Can anyone who's gone recently tell me which parts of the tour are operating and which aren't?

(oops, didn't see the general Studio Tour thread, my bad!)

The only part that is currently down is the Fast and Furious segment, which is, let's be honest, not that big of a deal...at all ;)

The Mummy tunnel might also be down randomly.

Everything else should be running, but due to filming, anything can be changed.

The only part that is currently down is the Fast and Furious segment, which is, let's be honest, not that big of a deal...at all ;)

The Mummy tunnel might also be down randomly.

Everything else should be running, but due to filming, anything can be changed.
Kind of relieved Fast & the Furious is down. Haha.

I'm hoping the Mummy tunnel is working this weekend. I love that thing.

I heard that the reason F&F is closed is because someone associated with

the films finally saw it and said it didn't represent the franchise well. A cease

and desist was filed. Could that be true?

I heard that the reason F&F is closed is because someone associated with

the films finally saw it and said it didn't represent the franchise well. A cease

and desist was filed. Could that be true?
Ive most likely heard the same thing you have. I keep telling everyone that it may not return at all. and that someone is a BIG part of F&F franchise.

I wont say more in case this is a huge rumor but i think this is what happened.