Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Studio Tour

Nahh, he has to be on the kuka arm. Universal didn't go and sign that contract for nothing!

Jon, would you like to see more wax figures around the park? Of celebrities from Universal movies as their characters? I think that'd be cool only if there was a proper photo op section. Say, a BTTF back drop, DeLorean, and Doc and Marty wax figures. If there was space, that'd be cool :)

I think wax figures are super cool, but maybe not meant for the theme park atmosphere. The fact that the characters can walk around and interact with guests really serves a purpose. I mean, Universal didn't throw Doc Brown in the park so that guests could meet Christopher Lloyd - they put Doc Brown in the park so guests could meet Doc Brown, the character. I don't really mind if they have a celebrity or two in wax form for photo ops, though.

I remember they briefly had people who resembled Paul Walker and Tyrese drive the Fast and Furious 2 cars and park them near BTTF and do photo ops. It didn't last very long, so in cases like this, wax figures are the way to go. Doc Brown works as a live actor, however, Marty McFly would be a tougher character to pull off.

I believe they used to have a Marty walk around many years ago in Florida for a while. I don't think they ever had him here. Not sure if Universal had disputes with MJF for a while or not, because I know he's been very hesitant before for many years for Universal to use his likeness on action figures and other specific merchandise. He just relaxed regarding it a few years ago.

The only place it'd be cool to see Wax Figures and make them work is if they had a Picture Cars photo op location inside the theme park. Have a backdrop from the movie, the picture car, and a wax figure.

I know that for the expansion, universal is looking to put a few new tour "attractions" next to the beginning of the tour, some replacing the tram warehouse. I'm curious where they'd relocate that.

Nope, no official talk of when, it was just shown as a proposal on the expansion plan. But apparently there's been talk of adding a new tour attraction (on other sites) that would open in 2015, after DM:MM and before WWoHP. Just speculation of course. Would be great to see, but let's wait to hear

Other talk is, of course, updating or replacing Fast & Furious.

Whatever addition we see, I'm hoping it's not 3D....although I wouldn't be shocked...

The fact that they haven't touched it yet leaves me to believe that they're still trying to conjure something up. I'm also not expecting anything big, but it is odd they've left Fast and Furious in a frozen state.

Who knows. We may be surprised.

Well, Mummy tunnel has been closed for a very long time. Apparently it's been working on and off but I've only seen it closed.

The tour has also been avoiding the red sea/skull island bigature and square of warriors.

The route is really different then what I would always see. I miss going through the area where you circle around. I think it is Spartacus Square (Don't know name, but pretty sure it is called that)