Studio Tour | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I love how everyone is on the same wavelength (as am I) of saying that of one element:
kill-him-barney-ross.gif

I think Back to the Future would be excellent choice to replace Supercharged. The franchise is still very relevant today and Universal does well selling BTTF merchandise at the parks.
That would be great

My main thing I’d love is a “great movie ride” type segment where univsd high lights movies like back to the future and other classics but if not that then just back to future would be my next choice

I'm also in the thinking of BTTF, but I would go one step further in that it needs to feel more like an actual "finale" for the Studio Tour. With how Supercharged goes on; it doesn't really have that setting stone that allowed other finales for the tour to shine.

hell I'd argue the Grinchmas overlay of the Mummy tunnel was a better "finale" for the tour than Supercharged was.

I'm also in the thinking of BTTF, but I would go one step further in that it needs to feel more like an actual "finale" for the Studio Tour. With how Supercharged goes on; it doesn't really have that setting stone that allowed other finales for the tour to shine.

hell I'd argue the Grinchmas overlay of the Mummy tunnel was a better "finale" for the tour than Supercharged was.

I'd strongly agree with you. I'd 'much' rather experience that Grinch scene than the absolutely terrible F&F. Ironically, the F&F is such bad unintentional camp comedy, it's even funnier than Carey's Grinch. :lol: Everyone involved in the planning and production of the F&F attraction should be ashamed of their work. In fact, one of the creators Thierry Coup , even publicly said as much. That was an example of why film and theme park attraction synergy decisions aren't always wise.

Reactions: alias8703
I'd strongly agree with you. I'd 'much' rather experience that Grinch scene than the absolutely terrible F&F. Ironically, the F&F is such bad unintentional camp comedy, it's even funnier than Carey's Grinch. :lol: Everyone involved in the planning and production of the F&F attraction should be ashamed of their work. In fact, one of the creators Thierry Coup , even publicly said as much. That was an example of why film and theme park attraction synergy decisions aren't always wise.

See I mean it unironically but for what it served as part of Grinchmas, and by extension part of the Studio Tour; it felt a lot more inter-connected and real. Partly in factor due to the linked narrative they shared with the WhoVille dance that was done at the old sets; as they only did it once.

I want something to replace it that feels just as interconnected, as if you are having something actually being built up physically and around as opposed to being just "look to the screen as a reminder".

Wait, that had Oppenheimer as a serious choice!?!?
As funny and weird as some choices can be on a survey, they are, at the end of the day, they are just a surveys and an opportunity for Universal to gauge reactions, especially when it comes to IP talk. They are usually are just like that.

But....from Universal surveys I've taken in the past, they are very often 'signals' on what's going to happen in the future. I think they put a lot of stock in their surveys and they're not just feel good surveys like the ones Disney does.

Getting more serious (sorry Clive for the jab); the fact animation is being taken into consideration alongside legacy content makes me wonder if Universal is looking to expand what the Studio Tour does for the 60th anniversary.

Would love if this means they are going to reflect this with how the tour is formatted and operated. Especially if the 60th allows the opportunity to bring in a new host like Jordan Peele or Christopher Nolan.

Reactions: Nico
Getting more serious (sorry Clive for the jab); the fact animation is being taken into consideration alongside legacy content makes me wonder if Universal is looking to expand what the Studio Tour does for the 60th anniversary.

Would love if this means they are going to reflect this with how the tour is formatted and operated. Especially if the 60th allows the opportunity to bring in a new host like Jordan Peele or Christopher Nolan.
I think the tour shouldn’t have a host. Maybe legends of the industry throughout the tour. It will get outdated again fast if they don’t choose the right person. At least if they have multiple big names across a certain time frame it can hold up