Studio Tour | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Something like this tells me that they are thinking about adding to it

As someone who's never been to USH, I must ask the question...Is the Studio Tour still relevant and necessary?

I went on it every single time I visited the park when I had an AP last year (20+ visits). While there are parts of the tour I wouldn't mind skipping, I enjoy it overall. You can even bring a sandwich and beer on board. It's also how they got their start way before they even became a theme park. There's so much history to it and a must do for first time visitors.

As someone who's never been to USH, I must ask the question...Is the Studio Tour still relevant and necessary?

Considering the fact it's one of the only mass capacity attractions (besides Waterworld) in the park and USH is still a working movie studio. The answer to your question is yes and yes. Though, as the park continues to gain popularity and space becomes even more limited. I feel the question will be coming soon if the Studio Tour alone is worth keeping around or if expansion is on the horizon at the tour's expense.

Reactions: Kevin McCane
If the paid studio tour ride is the same as the VIP tour it wouldn't be that bad
Back when the only thing to do was the studio tour, you could only ride it once per visit.

I doubt they would seriously consider charging $40-95 for the current Studio Tour as an attraction by itself. Sometimes it feels like these surveys are put out just to generate results that confirm an idea is idiotic.

As long as they keep the Jaws, Psycho, and Earthquake sections, I would be okay if the rest of the Studio Tour was radically changed and shortened if it meant that the park could expand and several more E-Tickets would get added.

Reactions: Clive
Man if they do this....it causes so many issues. It basically will make the rest of the park more busy along with losing an attraction when the park isn't even close to having as many attractions as DCA, Six Flags or Knotts.

Hell Seas World has 17 attractions (these are rides not counting the show) and From my count Universal with the studio tour has 11 Attractions and even with the shows is only at 14. You'd have to add the Night Time show, the Wand shop, little show in Harry Potterland to even get to as many rides as Sea World....I really hope they aren't serious about removing this attraction unless the price of the park is going down a lot.

So if they do this that then puts USH at a half day park... maybe even shorter. Is this the first stage in building a second park? I can see Universal getting a lot of bad press if they go through with this and possibly lower attendance.

So if they do this that then puts USH at a half day park... maybe even shorter. Is this the first stage in building a second park? I can see Universal getting a lot of bad press if they go through with this and possibly lower attendance.

TBH, I'm putting bet on that it's very much the first sign to it. And I'll add further, that I am not going to be shocked if this means they have put a form of plan in, leading for 2028 on both studio and theme park for expansion and growth (almost to that, of an Evolution Plan level investment).

Especially as NBCUniversal and Universal City was already being planned for the Media Center for the sake of LA2024, so I'd imagine they'd still be on-board for the sake of 2028.

Reactions: Jamesh22
Man if they do this....it causes so many issues. It basically will make the rest of the park more busy along with losing an attraction when the park isn't even close to having as many attractions as DCA, Six Flags or Knotts.

Hell Seas World has 17 attractions (these are rides not counting the show) and From my count Universal with the studio tour has 11 Attractions and even with the shows is only at 14. You'd have to add the Night Time show, the Wand shop, little show in Harry Potterland to even get to as many rides as Sea World....I really hope they aren't serious about removing this attraction unless the price of the park is going down a lot.

I took this survey. And the price of admission on "value" days only fell by $27 from the current gate price. All the other scenarios they presented saw the single day ticket staying the same or getting a very significant price increase.

Some points I already made on my twitter, as well as some follow up:

They already have this... it's the VIP tour.

As others have already stated here, USH has a low ride count as it it, don't make it's only signature, lengthy, people eater attraction an upcharge and effectively remove it from the ride line up.

Would Kong and F&R in Orlando become an upchage, because they were based on the tour? Why should they get to do it free if we were charged for it?

This sounds like an idea from the same people who think parking and resort fees in Vegas are a good idea.

My thoughts would change a bit if there was a second park in the future, and the upcharge was related to that. But did it say anything about that in the question?

Thoughts on twitter about this have UNIVERSALLY been negative.

We are current APs and have been on the studio tour maybe 4 times in 20-25 visits. It's okay, but they make it more of a ride than an actual studio tour. It's not all that interesting to see identical sound stages and know which movies are made there. If they did it more like WB then that's something I would actually pay a little extra for. On that tour you usually see props, visit a soundstage or two and it's a much more interesting experience. I should caveat that I have only been on the tour as part of ATT shape, not as a paying guest.

For the Espanol Studio Tour, a new host has been added; from Telemundo: Carmen Villalobos.

Universal Studios Hollywood Casts Telemundo’s Carmen Villalobos as the New Video Host of Its World-Famous, Behind-the-Scenes Spanish Studio Tour
Click Here for a Peek at the New Spanish Studio Tour

Universal City, CA, August 8, 2019 – Colombian-born Carmen Villalobos and the star of Telemundo’s series “El Final del Paraiso” takes on a new leading role as the video host of Universal Studios Hollywood’s Spanish-language Studio Tour, providing entertaining insight for guests designed to complement the “live” narration provided by expert Studio Tour guides.

The updated Spanish-language Studio Tour featuring Carmen Villalobos’ vignettes will officially begin on Friday, August 30.

“I have always been a fan of Universal Studios Hollywood and amazed at how the Studio Tour gives people a genuine peek at show business in action,” said Carmen Villalobos. “We had so much fun filming the segments for the Spanish Studio Tour and I am beyond thrilled to now be a part of this amazing attraction that brings guests just a little bit closer to the magic of Hollywood.”

A signature attraction at Universal Studios Hollywood for over 50 years, the world-famous Studio Tour has taken millions of guests behind-the-scenes of an authentic movie and television studio, immersing guests in the exciting and elusive world of movie-making magic. The hallmark attraction provides remarkable access to movie sets on a working production lot, taking guests onto areas of the studio typically restricted to authorized movie production personnel.

With these three quintessential words—lights, camera, action—which are synonymous with the glamorous world of Hollywood, the Studio Tour leads visitors on a thrilling journey past historic soundstages and famous films sets where some of Hollywood’s most memorable movies and television shows were made.

During their 45 minute Studio Tour, guests span a retrospective timeline of favorite films on New York Street, the filming location for such movies as Hobbs & Shaw, Transformers andThe Sting; Courthouse Square, made famous in the Back to the Future movies and To Kill A Mockingbird; the cobblestone streets of Little Europe where such films as The Pink Pantherand Pirates of the Caribbean, were filmed; Six Points Texas, home to Hollywood’s greatest Western films, and Court of Miracles where Dracula, Frankenstein and The Hunchback of Notre Dame made horror film history.

The world-famous Studio Tour is a featured attraction at Universal Studios Hollywood and is included in the cost of admission to the theme park. Spanish-language tours run multiple times day and it is recommended to visit www.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com for daily schedules.

Jimmy Fallon, host of NBC’s “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” also appears in a variety of entertaining interstitial videos that provide similar contextual insight on the English-speaking Studio Tour.

Carmen Villalobos, one of today’s best-known actresses on U.S. Hispanic television, started her career in her native Colombia. Since then, she’s appeared in numerous telenovelas, gaining international notoriety for her role in Telemundo’s iconic “Sin senos no hay paraíso,” in which she played the unforgettable Catalina Santana. The role quickly propelled her to fame and earned her an exclusive contract with the network. She has gone on to participate in multiple productions for the network, including “Niños ricos, pobres padres,” “Mi corazón insiste,” “Ojo por ojo” and the Emmy Award-winning Super Series™ “El Señor de Los Cielos.”

Nine years after “Sin Senos No Hay Paraiso” first aired, Villalobos returned to reprise the role of Catalina Santana in its sequel, “Sin Senos Sí Hay Paraíso.” That same year, she was also the co-host for Telemundo’s Premios Tu Mundo (Your World Awards). With over 12+ million followers, Villalobos is recognized as a social media influencer.

“El Final del Paraiso” premieres on Telemundo on Tuesday, August 13 at 9pm/8c.

With so much to see and do at Universal Studios Hollywood, the California Neighbor Pass invites guests to experience 175 days of fun for $149 when purchased online. Visitwww.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com for more details. Blackout dates and restrictions apply.

Universal Studios Hollywood Casts Telemundo’s Carmen Villalobos as the New Video Host of Its World-Famous, Behind-the-Scenes Spanish Studio Tour | NBCUniversal Media Village

Currently they shoot NBC LA's local news, The Voice, World of Dance, The Good Place and Super Store, Family Fued, America's Got Talent, Will and Grace, Ninja Warrior, Bring the Funny, Ellen's Game of Games and Home and Family at Universal regularly. Anyone who says they don't shoot at Universal anymore is misinformed.

Those are on soundstages. Those can be filmed anywhere. I think when someone says the backlot, they mean the outdoor sets.

I am actually OK if they remove the tram ride. Jaws and earthquake are so outdated anyways. My thought is to move all the sound stages to the back lot so that frees up all the space on the front lot for theme park expansion. The other Uni parks do just fine without a tour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are on soundstages. Those can be filmed anywhere. I think when someone says the backlot, they mean the outdoor sets.
They do actually film quite a bit on backlot sets. I don’t know if you’ve ridden the tram lately or followed one of their social media accounts. They’re constantly filming in the backlot. Also, half those shows they listed film on the backlot.