Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Studio Tour

I'll be happy with Jaws back ANYWHERE! It is SUCH a popular photo op, that I just can't see them NOT bringing him back!

I wonder if we'll get a new version of the Universal Movies collage that is against the old bathrooms at the tour entrance, but elsewhere, and if we'll get a new Hollywood sign op as well.

But that new Studio Tour arch/sign.....

*sigh* :/

I just....it leaves so much to he desired. Not BAD, but it's a step back...

263a2oz.jpg

Maybe ill like it more once I see it in person.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think it looks fine judging from the photos. I prefer the more square look.

Oh, and if anyone hasn't noticed, they've also removed the speakers from the sign posts. I wonder if there are more changes to that bridge ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, yeah, just noticed! I'm sure a lot more changes are ahead.

And again, I think it looks fine, and it'll grow on me a lot, but I just think visually the old one seemed more grand.

Also, I know this happened a few months ago, but I'm REALLY happy they finally removed the add on sign from the arch that said "FEATURING KING KONG 360-3D". I felt it was tacky and too in your face. Necessary evil to get people to understand that Kong is part of the tour, but it definitely looks more clean without it.

I wouldn't mind if they added a "FEATURING" sign on and towards the middle of one of the beams holding the arch and have it list the animations.

Or even better, just leave that up to the graphic advertisements along the bridge! Make them bigger and more in your face!

The Hollywood sign would make much more sense since that structure is going the way of the dodo fairly soon.

As to where Jaws my end up in the long run. I think I have an idea for one potential scenario.

Duff McShark?

2zhfuza.jpg

I doubt it will have any effect unless something solid was in pre-production. I'd be willing to bet any type of F&F tram animation won't feature any cast besides maybe some B Roll interviews for stalling. It will, however, affect F&F 7 and the series in a huge way. It's such a shame. 

I can imagine that the amount of $$$ F&F now brings in, there is a major push to have an attraction of some sort in the parks.  That being said, I hope the tragedy around this franchise does not hinder, or scare, anyone in the powers that be into believing they need to scrap the idea of building a state of the art attraction for this franchise.

That being said... the current phase of the Evolution Plan not only includes the ET Parking structure, but also has a very significant building being built near Falls Lake.  That cannot be denied.  That means this is already in development.  What it will become is still a rumor and a mystery.  Hey Universal... you have my attention!

Yeah, there seems to be new buildings in place of the old Mummy tunnel, as well as a few other places nearby. I sincerely hope at least one of those new buildings are a new tour animation! Also seems that a new attraction will eventually replace the tram garage, so that makes me wonder if that will affect the entrance or tram loading in any way.

Okay, three team tours over the last few months and no Courthouse Square.

i read on screamscape.com and other sources have told me  that the new fast and furious attraction wont go where the  "spinning tunnel " attraction was located. anyone else know what they have planned in the falls lake area besides F&F

Some people think that in the distant future, the Falls Lake area will turn into Diagon Alley as part of an expansion of Harry Potter. But regardless of whether or not that rumor is true, it should not have any impact on the new Fast and Furious tour animation. The Falls Lake area is big enough that both Fast and Furious and Diagon Alley could both coexist side by side.