Studio Tour | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I miss Conan too... I think NBC lost a great and creative dude. He is thriving at TBS and he just managed to really integrate social networking with a tv show... it's amazing what he does...

I miss Conan too... I think NBC lost a great and creative dude. He is thriving at TBS and he just managed to really integrate social networking with a tv show... it's amazing what he does...
Oddly enough, I don't watch him anymore. It's Craig Ferguson for me now.

For me, I loved his self-deprecating humor. It syncs pretty well with Universal, and I doubt you'll have another talk show host that comes along that can match that vibe. Jimmy Fallon is great, but he still seems so awkward on screen. I get that it's his shtick, but I don't find it funny.

Conan was awkward too, but deep down you could always tell that he was in total command of whatever situation he was in.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ amen! Jimmy Fallon's humor and presence is too awkward for my taste, and Conan, while not my full cup of tea, was in total command and really fit well with the tour and USH.

Gosh....we're gonna be stuck with Jimmy Fallon for one helluva long time now, eh? With him taking over the Tonight Show, I don't see us getting anyone new for close to a decade. Which is a shame. I wish that we had more Hollywood icons "talk" to us during the tour. The Steven Spielberg segments are nice, but they're just interviews. I wish that Spielberg was our main host. I know that he isn't Universal's founder, but to me he feels like USH's Walt Disney in a way.

Besides, everyone knows who Spielberg is. Do tourists know who Jimmy Fallon is? Not trying to be mean...but...honestly....do they?

Reactions: steve
I wish the tour still aimed at being informative like it used to be, rather than comedic. I can't stand the Fallon videos. I'd rather have Whoopie back. At least she talked about some of the history.

^ Exactly! I liked Whoopie as the host. She had a touch of humor, but was mostly informative! Like, I'm sick and tired of Fallon's 6 Point Texas "skit". It's annoying and barely informative.

I also hate that Fallon's videos take up so much time that could be devoted to the tour guide being original!

^ Exactly! I liked Whoopie as the host. She had a touch of humor, but was mostly informative! Like, I'm sick and tired of Fallon's 6 Point Texas "skit". It's annoying and barely informative.

I also hate that Fallon's videos take up so much time that could be devoted to the tour guide being original!
Speaking of videos, I would do anything to kill that awful Home & Family jingle. The show is such a cliche that it isn't even funny.

Gosh, tell me about it....they should use that moment to play clips from Universal's Monster Movies. I know they sometimes do when we pass the Court of Miracles, but that doesn't always happen.

Speaking of, imagine a Universal Monsters tour drive through attraction! I think that'd be epic if done right!

I still watch Conan and he has more freedom in TBS which is good, but less budget, which isn't necessarily bad but it shows. Anyways he is so funny and creative it was such a loss to let him go. Horny Manatee must be one of the most funny unintended comedy piece ever...

That was such a great video! SES was always such a highlight of old USH. I love the classic way of doing effects.

And wow earthquake looked fantastic. More shaking, a bit darker, the truck fell down faster, more sparks from different areas, smoke out of every crevice, more fire, etc. Absolutely amazing. I wish it was restored to it's former glory, but I'm not complaining. At least it's still open and packs a punch! I love physical effects :)

Reactions: HDKeith34
Well the way it was when I was there last week, it was in bad condition and moved over to the side and looked like an afterthought compared to what it used to be, which is saying something lol.

I really hope its temporary. Also, the construction near the Fallon op seems like they are expanding the area back a bit. New home for Bruce? He's more appealing and relevant than a cut-out of Fallon.

The fact they are expanding the area backwards a bit would make sense to accomodate the frame for the shark, while giving more walk room for guests to exit the tram. However, I do wonder if Universal would really pay the construction costs in order to place the shark down there. Lets hope so! I would respect that decision so much if they spent money to keep the shark.