Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Summer Concert Series 2013

Jan 22, 2008
Orlando, FL
Universal announced their lineup for the Summer Concert Series 2013 on Facebook. The performers and dates are as follows.

- Ne-Yo, June 1st
- Big Time Rush, June 8th
- Gavin DeGraw, June 15th
- Earth, Wind and Fire, June 22nd
- Adam Lambert, June 29th
- Kip Moore, July 6th

Anyone planning on heading out for any of the shows?

universal announced their lineup for the summer concert series 2013 on facebook. The performers and dates are as follows.

- ne-yo, june 1st
- big time rush, june 8th
- gavin degraw, june 15th
- earth, wind and fire, june 22nd
- adam lambert, june 29th
- kip moore, july 6th

anyone planning on heading out for any of the shows?

nada

I will definitely be there for EW&F come hell or high water, one of the best shows I've ever seen. I was hoping Chicago would be in tow or close to EW&F, but it doesn't look like I'll get that lucky. I'll try to get to Gavin Degraw, but it isn't nearly as high a priority as EW&F. Looks like as with last year, I'll be going mainly for one concert (that was 3 Doors Down and ZZ Top last year).

I'd stick around for Gavin Degraw, but the concert wouldn't be my main priority for the day, just extra. That's actually an absolutely horrible line-up.

The lineups have always been horrible, though. The artists have been shallow and irrelevant.

But its what the general public wants. Despite my not liking any of the artists, you cannot deny that it's impressive that Universal can get them and that most guests will love them.

As opposed to geriatric and/or tribute bands at the Experimental Food and Wine Park of Tomorrow.

I really enjoyed Train a couple of years ago. And The B-52's last summer. But that is the old guy living in my body that I refuse to acknowledge.

Summer Concert series has never been what Mardi Gras is. Summer Concert Series does however sell some extra tickets and makes Universal more enticing to visitors. They've always gone for mass produced type music for Summer Concert, and even Mardi Gras, but atleast there is more variety in the latter. The first year of Summer Concert they had LL Cool J and Jordan Sparks. Following years acts have included Pitbull, Train, Rob Thomas, Nelly, Third Eye Blind, Boys Like Girls, and other mass produced acts. Say what you will about you not liking them but these artist include REO Speedwagon and Pat Benatar all sell records and all are mass produced music.

Anyone else here planning to be at the park tomorrow for Earth Wind & Fire? Hoping it rains in the afternoon so I don't have to go and wait 3+ hours for a close spot by myself (got there 5 minutes before Gavin Degraw and got pretty close thanks to the rain). :lol: