Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 220 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hope thats for for now

If this land is a hit and they dont add Zelda and Pokemon.....I think the current people in charge need to be let go for those who want the parks to become a resort they need IP's as strong as Disney has and Nintendo is clearly popular and when you have people in a 40+ min line for a over priced drink/popcorn bucket for a land/ride that isn't even open yet....let alone before the film hits theaters. I just can't see if this land doubles the amount of APs and gets more people in the gate how anyone could argue we should only see DK and Mario in the this park
I get your general point (it's a huge mistake not to put Pokemon in the park IMO, it's a guaranteed hit), but saying that people need to be let go if they don't put it in the park? Are you serious right now?

I've been saying - this is gonna be nuts when it finally opens. Probably "101 comes to a standstill" bad.
Yep the off-ramp on the 101 north will be backed up for months!

This is why I was really hoping they’d do a reservation system the same way Disney did for the Star Wars stuff. I know it’s inconvenient in its own way but IMO it’s 1000000% better than just a free for all. I’ll hit the pass holder preview but then I’m honestly not sure when I’ll attempt it again. I don’t wanna fight crowds.

Reactions: BriefCasey
I wonder which will have the bigger opening, Runaway Railway or Nintendo World? Nintendo is huge, but so is Mickey.

I think part of the detriment to Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, is that it's not going to be completely open. Especially with ToonTown staggered to not open until March.

SNW is new, it is the first time it is hitting domestic markets, and there was a benefit to Osaka not being as accessible as it was until now. It's going to do gangbusters, in a park that is already going nuts.

But at the same time, Runaway Railway opened under pretty different circumstances in Florida. It opened a few days before the parks shut down and Rise of the Resistance kinda stole its thunder. The Disneyland version has everything going for it.

Once again, as I brought up: it's not going to be completely open until March 8th once all of ToonTown comes back online, alongside that: it's actually not the only thing debuting on that same day.

Magic Happen's returns from it's COVID pause, and World of Color - One and Harmonious Journeys debuts, taking people away from Runaway Railway (Which will likely run in a limited capacity mode until March). Super Nintendo World, once it opens on President's Day Weekend, will be the land itself, plus the four mini-games alongside Bowser Jr and Mario Kart; all open alongside it.

It's also once again, the first time Nintendo has opened a land domestically, and word of the land is hitting a lot of non-theme park circuits out of interest and excitement.

Once again, as I brought up: it's not going to be completely open until March 8th once all of ToonTown comes back online, alongside that: it's actually not the only thing debuting on that same day.

Magic Happen's returns from it's COVID pause, and World of Color - One and Harmonious Journeys debuts, taking people away from Runaway Railway (Which will likely run in a limited capacity mode until March). Super Nintendo World, once it opens on President's Day Weekend, will be the land itself, plus the four mini-games alongside Bowser Jr and Mario Kart; all open alongside it.

It's also once again, the first time Nintendo has opened a land domestically, and word of the land is hitting a lot of non-theme park circuits out of interest and excitement.
In all fairness I didn't see your message until after I replied lol. I forgot that Toontown is opening up in stages, that's super dumb.

In all fairness I didn't see your message until after I replied lol. I forgot that Toontown is opening up in stages, that's super dumb.

It's fine! Honestly I think it also stems towards the pricing that also could end up in Universal's favor, especially as people have brought up on them not even changing the system altogether like what happened with Potter.

It feels like it's primed for success; even if these next few months are about to become painful with the lapse of Special Effects, Animal Actors, and Plaza.

But at the same time, Runaway Railway opened under pretty different circumstances in Florida. It opened a few days before the parks shut down and Rise of the Resistance kinda stole its thunder. The Disneyland version has everything going for it.

Eh. COVID hysteria really wasn't a thing at that point. Sure, people were cautious but it wasn't enough to have any real impact. It wasn't until 2 weeks later that reality started hitting; and even then... there was a huge gathering in Main St for the last night before shutdowns.

Reactions: Freak and Coolbfitz
I wonder which will have the bigger opening, Runaway Railway or Nintendo World? Nintendo is huge, but so is Mickey.

It seems like a silly comparison to make?

Runaway Railway will be hugely popular, and add necessary capacity to Disneyland. But it’s one attraction being added to a very well established and built out park.

SNW is an entirely new immersive land, based on a wildly popular IP, being added to a park that needs to be built out. It’s going to be crazy town.

Both resorts win.

Eh. COVID hysteria really wasn't a thing at that point. Sure, people were cautious but it wasn't enough to have any real impact. It wasn't until 2 weeks later that reality started hitting; and even then... there was a huge gathering in Main St for the last night before shutdowns.
That's fair. How long were the lines on opening day?

It seems like a silly comparison to make?

Runaway Railway will be hugely popular, and add necessary capacity to Disneyland. But it’s one attraction being added to a very well established and built out park.

SNW is an entirely new immersive land, based on a wildly popular IP, being added to a park that needs to be built out. It’s going to be crazy town.

Both resorts win.
Not really comparing, more just wondering what the crowds will be like.

Nintendo will be way more popular. People in the states have waited so long for a Mario Kart attraction, that even the GP recognizes the importance of these characters. I think Miyamoto has also accomplished his goal of making Mario as instantly recognizable as Mickey Mouse.

As one of the replies said, this really does feel like it's the beginning of what's to come with a heavy aura. Probably some fitting music for those pics too.
I've been saying - this is gonna be nuts when it finally opens. Probably "101 comes to a standstill" bad.
If the traffic really does get that bad, public transport's (via LA's subway system in particular) is gonna be looking like a fine method of getting to USH. Then again I'm probably biased, as where I am, I'd only need to take one Metro bus to get to the Subways.

Last edited:
I get your general point (it's a huge mistake not to put Pokemon in the park IMO, it's a guaranteed hit), but saying that people need to be let go if they don't put it in the park? Are you serious right now?
If USH management wants to ignore things that get people into the parks and spending...then yes.

Its literally their jobs. To ignore if (and by the lines and hype for the film) the success of this land to put in another ride that does well but isn't an event, just makes little sense to me business wise.

USH is a business so you do what customers are willing to pay/wait for. If the Quality is also as detailed as Super Nintendo world then its really a win win for everyone. USH gets more money to invest in the parks, more crowds means USH has a reason to add a hotel even more (I dont care about this but many here want a hotel) and also maybe even see a way to make a profitable second park.

• Haha
Reactions: Ryan
If USH management wants to ignore things that get people into the parks and spending...then yes.

Its literally their jobs. To ignore if (and by the lines and hype for the film) the success of this land to put in another ride that does well but isn't an event, just makes little sense to me business wise.

USH is a business so you do what customers are willing to pay/wait for. If the Quality is also as detailed as Super Nintendo world then its really a win win for everyone. USH gets more money to invest in the parks, more crowds means USH has a reason to add a hotel even more (I dont care about this but many here want a hotel) and also maybe even see a way to make a profitable second park.

I get you want more Nintendo properties, but this rhetoric is a bit much. By this logic, the entire park should be made up of Potter and Nintendo. Park management also aren't the ones making decisions about what attractions receive the green light, so no, it is not their jobs. They can relay the data and on-the-ground info they collect - which, yes, will confirm the obvious popularity of Nintendo - but deciding whether Pokemon or Zelda or whatever else comes is not up to them.

I won't go to Super Nintendo World Hollywood until they put FE merch in the 1UP Factory Shop.:enrage:
sab02403_3.jpg
This is a bad joke

But fr, they really should had made the area bigger. For the kinds of crowds this area is going to bring, there just isn't enough space. It's going to be legitimately awful the first year, traffic wise.

Last edited:

E828528F-631B-4905-BCAE-DA9A514221F8.jpeg