Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
All kidding aside, I'm very excited for this land. But I'll just say this. It's a crime that USH will not be getting a Legend of Zelda land, my favorite gaming franchise of all time. It's a damn shame.[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity, the last time I went to USH was when tickets were like $70 dollars, so I was wondering how popular the Special Effects Stage and Animal Actors are within the park. It seems like one of those areas would be prime for SNW expansion.

And by the time SNW opens, PC's little brother is going to be a grown a** man. Lol

All kidding aside, I'm very excited for this land. But I'll just say this. It's a crime that USH will not be getting a Legend of Zelda land, my favorite gaming franchise of all time. It's a damn shame.

Transformers and Mummy could always be demolished in the near future to make way for a Nintendo expansion, but not for a couple of years after SNW opens at least.

Reactions: SOCAL110
Just out of curiosity, the last time I went to USH was when tickets were like $70 dollars, so I was wondering how popular the Special Effects Stage and Animal Actors are within the park. It seems like one of those areas would be prime for SNW expansion.
So was the last time you were there when those attractions were on the lower lot? Because those two attractions are now on the upper lot and far from any SNW rumored location

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
the view of the rest of the lower lot from the far reaches of NintendoLand?

l9N4Wiy.jpg

Reactions: PerceptiveCoot
So was the last time you were there when those attractions were on the lower lot? Because those two attractions are now on the upper lot and far from any SNW rumored location
Last time I was there was right after Fast and Furious opened, I might be misremembering the price but it seemed like it jumped way up after Potter. The previous two times I went were right after Transformers opened and right before Backdraft closed so I do remember Special Effects Stage being down there. I was just speculating whether the Animal Actors and Special Effects Stage shows were still popular and whether Universal is looking into that area for further expansion. I was thinking a non-Mario Nintendo franchise could go in that area, though I might be misremembering how big the area actually is.

Transformers and Mummy could always be demolished in the near future to make way for a Nintendo expansion, but not for a couple of years after SNW opens at least.

Your lips to God's ears. I don't even care if the Zelda land gets a proper ride. Hell, I would be happy with a walk through Hyrule Forest or Castle Town.

Though I will say that UC can make a BADASS ride with the rich lore that the Zelda canon has.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Hopefully not. Lets not add on to the terrible look of the building. Besides... in Orlando, the building is visible from the entire park.

Depending on how the land is set up it probably won't matter. If you go further to the left, turn right & look up... simpsons & more. Expecting to not see things outside of an area is just unrealistic. I can see Mummy & SS29 from this view. When near Transformers, i can see the Laemmle parking garage. Its a theme park, not a real land where nothing else exists. If you can't experience a land without noticing the outside world, that falls on you. The average guest won't care. They'll too busy getting annoyed by the 2hr+ waittimes.

Hopefully not. Lets not add on to the terrible look of the building. Besides... in Orlando, the building is visible from the entire park.

Terrible look of the building? You can literally only see 1 side of the building in it's current state, the front. The wall facing Nintendo can only be seen from the rumored plot of Nintendo, so I don't see how something invisible from either side "adds to the terrible look".

Orlando's building is taller due to it not going underground as much like in Hollywood, not to mention you have the ability to walk around the entirety of the building because of its centralized location within the park. In Hollywood you have two visible sides. The facade (which can only be seen from the lower lot proper) and the Nintendo facing side which can literally only be seen from Nintendo. It makes sense to theme it in some way.

Reactions: HPFred
I think you're missing the point entirely... it should be themed to the existing ride, not a future land.

Also it's still a huge ass soundstage building. And when even more surrounding soundstages come crashing down in order for the lower lot to expand, you're going to get the other views of Transformers. You can't make every side a different theme to "blend in with future lands", that'd be worse than a giant random N.E.S.T. facility box.

I think you're missing the point entirely... it should be themed to the existing ride, not a future land.

Also it's still a huge ass soundstage building. And when even more surrounding soundstages come crashing down in order for the lower lot to expand, you're going to get the other views of Transformers. You can't make every side a different theme to "blend in with future lands", that'd be worse than a giant random N.E.S.T. facility box.

Obviously don't make it look like that now. Wait until Nintendo land opens lol.

And theme parks have been doing this exact practice for half a century. The left side of Star Tours looks like main street. Half of the tiki room is themed to Polynesia and the other half also looks like Main Street. As long as there's a themed way of separating the different facades thematically. Any on many occasions both looks are visible at the same time. It'd be fine.

I was there this past Sunday and noticed the Studio Tour route was slightly altered near the proposed SNW plot. Coming down the hill with the movie posters, instead of turning right near JP's extended queue, the tram continued straight on Kirk Douglas Dr. (passes right in front of SS 16-20) before turning right on James Stewart Ave. I see this as a sign that work on SNW is progressing.

Reactions: Chris
I was there this past Sunday and noticed the Studio Tour route was slightly altered near the proposed SNW plot. Coming down the hill with the movie posters, instead of turning right near JP's extended queue, the tram continued straight on Kirk Douglas Dr. (passes right in front of SS 16-20) before turning right on James Stewart Ave. I see this as a sign that work on SNW is progressing.

I noticed when Cheap Seats was at USH during the week of MSS, that the VIP tour also is now going through KDD as opposed to the usual route too.

Low-Key, I wouldn't be shocked if SNW begins earlier but more due to that they may need to do a few things in Back of House to just get things situated and ready for when they get vertical.

Isn't "not seeing other parts of the park" more of a Disney thing anyway? It's not like Universal is really known for covering up anything. I honestly just wish they would re-do the entire building of Transformers. It's so freaking ugly and half-assed.

If there is going to be walls of any kind, especially with the park said to be built on levels, I can definitely imagine the hills that were prominent in Super Mario 3 (they have either dots on them and are different colors or they are green with eyes on them) would be great if the entrance to the park was a giant green pipe :D