Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Isn't "not seeing other parts of the park" more of a Disney thing anyway? It's not like Universal is really known for covering up anything. I honestly just wish they would re-do the entire building of Transformers. It's so freaking ugly and half-assed.

If there is going to be walls of any kind, especially with the park said to be built on levels, I can definitely imagine the hills that were prominent in Super Mario 3 (they have either dots on them and are different colors or they are green with eyes on them) would be great if the entrance to the park was a giant green pipe :D

You'll get your wish :thumbsup:

Reactions: HPFred
Isn't "not seeing other parts of the park" more of a Disney thing anyway? It's not like Universal is really known for covering up anything. I honestly just wish they would re-do the entire building of Transformers. It's so freaking ugly and half-assed.

If there is going to be walls of any kind, especially with the park said to be built on levels, I can definitely imagine the hills that were prominent in Super Mario 3 (they have either dots on them and are different colors or they are green with eyes on them) would be great if the entrance to the park was a giant green pipe :D

The way SNW was set up..seemed rather like Diagon, in desiring to isolate your peripheral view of the outside world.

And as for the Pipe Entrance..you are going to probably get that to a reality.

You'll get your wish :thumbsup:

Wait? Really? Don't play with my heartstrings! :heart:

The way SNW was set up..seemed rather like Diagon, in desiring to isolate your peripheral view of the outside world.

And as for the Pipe Entrance..you are going to probably get that to a reality.

Ah! I guess that makes more sense, truth be told, when I am in Diagon Alley, I don't see any of the other areas of the park. I do wonder how they will implement this then. But omg! If they do a pipe entrance I'm going to be so thrilled. I'll be that basic boy who stands in front of the entrance in his Prince Peach cosplay on opening day lol

I mean, didn't they repaint the side of Shrek 4D's building to blend in with Hogsmeade when Wizarding World opened? It way gray before and now has a beautiful forest mural.

I was at Universal today and noticed a large amount of filming trailers parked on the Nintendo site... doesn't seem like they're clearing the area anytime soon...

Does anyone want to make any bets when USH will officially announce construction for SNW?

My bet is on Q2 of 2019!

I’m thinking the same. They’ll announce it in the middle of the SW:GE media blitz.

Hopefully we’ll get a look at DK in the concept art this time around. We still have no idea as to what the theming will look like.

Reactions: HPFred
Bananas. It’ll look totally bananas.

Probably a temple from one of the games, with mine cart track weaving in and out of it.

The one and only Alicia! Glad to hear from you, it's been a while.

If they really recreate the temple scene with the Mine Kart, my childhood dream will have come true!

Reactions: Alicia
The one and only Alicia! Glad to hear from you, it's been a while.

If they really recreate the temple scene with the Mine Kart, my childhood dream will have come true!
Everything I’ve heard is that the theming will be a mix of classic and modern DK games. I’m not too familiar with the franchise, but it sounds like it’s gonna be great for longtime fans and younger folks at the same time.

Everything I’ve heard is that the theming will be a mix of classic and modern DK games. I’m not too familiar with the franchise, but it sounds like it’s gonna be great for longtime fans and younger folks at the same time.

I remember thoroughly enjoying playing Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze on the Wii U. The game was a blast. I think they even brought it to the Switch with new features.

So I would have no problem with having a ride based on both the old and new Kong games.

Maybe I'm the buzzkill here, but I'm highly doubtful that Super Nintendo World at USH will have a DK coaster when it opens. I'm not ruling it out as a possibility later on down the line, but based on what we're seeing right now, I'm firmly in the "No DK coaster" camp.

If we use the plans originally filed for Orlando in 2017 as a guide, it appears that the land is approximately seven acres (the permit says 8.8 acres, but the plans look like they also include some Back of House development) and is divided between the central hub, Mushroom Kingdom-themed area, the Mario Kart ride, and the Donkey Kong Coaster. The land currently clear and awaiting development in the Lower Lot is, generously, 3.5 acres. They may move the Transformers extended queue to squeeze out an extra fifth of an acre, but even if they took out that entire center island with Panda Express and folded it in, it wouldn't even add another acre. The deployment of the Height Balloons implies to me that this is pretty much all we're going to get.

So, you've got half the amount of space to work with, so something's got to go. They can't get rid of the main area, because that's where all the shops and the restaurant will be (the real money-makers). So then you have to choose between one of two major rides. I think Universal would choose Mario Kart over DK for a two main reasons: Mario Kart is a more familiar brand than Donkey Kong Country and they'd rather an indoor attraction than an outdoor roller coaster in the middle of a Movie Studio.

I still think it's going to be a beautiful, immersive land. I think the Mario Kart ride will be something truly unprecedented and will be a game changer. As much as I want it to be, I don't think that the Donkey Kong coaster will be a part of the opening line-up of Super Nintendo World at USH.

Maybe I'm the buzzkill here, but I'm highly doubtful that Super Nintendo World at USH will have a DK coaster when it opens. I'm not ruling it out as a possibility later on down the line, but based on what we're seeing right now, I'm firmly in the "No DK coaster" camp.

I don't think it's as much of a stretch. I wouldn't be surprised if they went like SNW in USJ, which they are making Mario and leaving space for DK. I have no idea how is the USH layout/space, but from what I've been reading here, maybe they could build just Mario and in the
future build DK where Transformers is now.

Reactions: SnideRemarksDept

If we use the plans originally filed for Orlando in 2017 as a guide, it appears that the land is approximately seven acres (the permit says 8.8 acres, but the plans look like they also include some Back of House development) and is divided between the central hub, Mushroom Kingdom-themed area, the Mario Kart ride, and the Donkey Kong Coaster. The land currently clear and awaiting development in the Lower Lot is, generously, 3.5 acres. They may move the Transformers extended queue to squeeze out an extra fifth of an acre, but even if they took out that entire center island with Panda Express and folded it in, it wouldn't even add another acre. The deployment of the Height Balloons implies to me that this is pretty much all we're going to get.

So, you've got half the amount of space to work with, so something's got to go. They can't get rid of the main area, because that's where all the shops and the restaurant will be (the real money-makers). So then you have to choose between one of two major rides. I think Universal would choose Mario Kart over DK for a two main reasons: Mario Kart is a more familiar brand than Donkey Kong Country and they'd rather an indoor attraction than an outdoor roller coaster in the middle of a Movie Studio.

I still think it's going to be a beautiful, immersive land. I think the Mario Kart ride will be something truly unprecedented and will be a game changer. As much as I want it to be, I don't think that the Donkey Kong coaster will be a part of the opening line-up of Super Nintendo World at USH.

To sum up your concern with a single sentence. Many more sound-stages are about to get leveled. The plot of land used is expected to be slightly larger than Japan's.

Very interesting. I hope they get David Wise to score the DK ride, or at least use some of his tracks from Tropical Freeze. So beautiful and relaxing, no video game score has ever been better suited for a theme park.

Was there anything to that DK treehouse play area concept art?

Last edited:

Would you like to make a friendly wager? I say DK opens with SNW.

Why? I believe this was the main reason for the delay of construction for USH & the changing of the plans. The new area will give them more space once they demolish the old soundstages and build the new ones on the other side of the park.

It stands to reason that they are going all in for SNW.