Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 95 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Idk if I’m Universal I’d want DK just in the states at UOR because I’d want them to have something unique from Nintendo when they open up EU. It’ll be the 3rd SNW and they need something a tiny bit more “new” to attract guests imo. Just my take. Obviously other factors right now may be playing into this (if it were ever true) but UOR needs some Nintendo exclusive since they’ll be one of the last to receive it

1) Chris never said DK is coming
2) It can't be budget cuts (implied recent) if it was never coming
3) So you're setting up a LM dark ride that has never been hinted at for what reason?
1) I had him confused with a different Chris so to him I’ll apologize
2) It’s been implied but you know better guess your the end all be all for all universal info, thanks for clarifying
3)So not allowed to have wishful thinking got it. Thanks again for clarifying Joe.

Joe it amazes me that someone as confrontational as you is allowed to be a moderator here but not my decision so it is what it is. Now before I hear a bunch of crap from others saying your not being that just look at Joes messages with users, not just me, and general statements over the last year. To me Joe your about useful as a third nipple on here.

Last edited:
Just gonna add on, sorry Joe, but I’d cool the snark for a mod. The amount of times I’ve been called a silly fan boy by you is ridiculous by a mod.

edit: however you’re not as useless as a 3rd nipple but you’re the only one that comes off as rude here imo. I’m done

Idk if I’m Universal I’d want DK just in the states at UOR because I’d want them to have something unique from Nintendo when they open up EU. It’ll be the 3rd SNW and they need something a tiny bit more “new” to attract guests imo. Just my take. Obviously other factors right now may be playing into this (if it were ever true) but UOR needs some Nintendo exclusive since they’ll be one of the last to receive it

I’m pretty sure this is their plan. The Orlando version of SNW needs something new and different to attract people because SNW will already be old news when EU eventually opens. I think Pokémon or Zelda would be better, but Donkey Kong is a more natural fit next to Mario.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
I’m pretty sure this is their plan. The Orlando version of SNW needs something new and different to attract people because SNW will already be old news when EU eventually opens. I think Pokémon or Zelda would be better, but Donkey Kong is a more natural fit next to Mario.
Their is that other Nintendo plot in EU... who knows Pokemon could take it but can't imagine by opening.

I doubt they have it there by opening either, but I personally think Pokémon would be better off replacing KZ at USF but I also don’t want to derail the discussion away from Hollywood.
Very true. All else I will say is though I wish SNW at USH was getting Yoshi as well and not just Mario Kart. But, that fact they're replicating Mario Kart all around the world gives me faith that THEY have total faith in that ride and thats all that matters to me haha. Mario Kart is such an icon in gaming and pop culture in my eyes that that ride really needs to deliver.

Reactions: Tristan and chris.g
It's layout is mirrored compared to Fantastic World's/ Japan's SNW, this was made with the foresight of DKC being able to be added eventually.

New aerial footage of SNW from this spectacular helicopter flight over Knott's, Magic Mountain, and USH.

IMG_3554.jpeg
From what I can tell, the restroom/giftshop/Panda Express complex is here to stay, as evident from the very particularly shaped sound(?) wall surrounding it. Sad.

This also gives us a general layout of the land and where the entrance plaza and "pipe" for SNW is going to be.

Demolition of the production facilities in the upper left hand corner is for an all new central hub for the backlot, housing new screening rooms, offices, and flex space.They're planning on excavating that entire hillside and building a giant retaining wall that runs parallel to Universal Hollywood Dr.
1587247389410.png

New aerial footage of SNW from this spectacular helicopter flight over Knott's, Magic Mountain, and USH.

From what I can tell, the restroom/giftshop/Panda Express complex is here to stay, as evident from the very particularly shaped sound(?) wall surrounding it. Sad.

This also gives us a general layout of the land and where the entrance plaza and "pipe" for SNW is going to be.

Demolition of the production facilities in the upper left hand corner is for an all new central hub for the backlot, housing new screening rooms, offices, and flex space.They're planning on excavating that entire hillside and building a giant retaining wall that runs parallel to Universal Hollywood Dr.

Great work with the find and screen grab - really cheered me up seeing that video in the glorious LA sunshine :thumbsup:

Panda Express seems to have become the West Coast's Kidzone - it just won't die! ;)

and to add... this is how they could feasibly add DK at some point in the future:
IMG_355 DK.jpg

Last edited: