Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looks like the Mario Kart show building is nearly covered up too. Seems to be a lot more progress since JPland’s last video construction update that was filmed on US Hollywood’s last day of operation before closure. I’m so glad to see some confirmation that the Super Nintendo world construction is indeed still continuing in Hollywood.

and to add... this is how they could feasibly add DK at some point in the future:
IMG_355 DK.jpg
If USH does get DK, I'd rather they just relocate the Studio Tour load to the Lower Lot so they aren't constrained by the road. However, that's probably a non-starter given the placement of Fast and Furious and the costs of new tram garages.

If USH does get DK, I'd rather they just relocate the Studio Tour load to the Lower Lot so they aren't constrained by the road. However, that's probably a non-starter given the placement of Fast and Furious and the costs of new tram garages.

Ok...my $.02

If the red square area is the SNW land, with a 2nd level entrance access to MK. This would create a 2nd story of stores and shops up against the green line of your proposed DK area. How would any guests access the DK area? I highly doubt the SNW land is building 2 levels of steel for the land to potentially demolish the only access point to enter MK.
DK 2.jpg

Reactions: Suchomimus
Ok...my $.02

If the red square area is the SNW land, with a 2nd level entrance access to MK. This would create a 2nd story of stores and shops up against the green line of your proposed DK area. How would any guests access the DK area? I highly doubt the SNW land is building 2 levels of steel for the land to potentially demolish the only access point to enter MK.
View attachment 12073
Couldn't they just put a tunnel on the first floor to go underneath the shops and towards the expansion space labeled in green? Kind of like a passageway underneath the second floor of a mall?

Reactions: Jamesh22
Couldn't they just put a tunnel on the first floor to go underneath the shops and towards the expansion space labeled in green? Kind of like a passageway underneath the second floor of a mall?
I think that will depend on what is going in that area. We will find out soon.

Hypothetically speaking, they could make a play like Diagon, and have a themed backstage entry that could be used sometime in the future, depending on the success of the land (a Warp Pipe for instance..)

Hypothetically speaking, they could make a play like Diagon, and have a themed backstage entry that could be used sometime in the future, depending on the success of the land (a Warp Pipe for instance..)
Kind of like how that backstage door to the right of the Millenium Falcon in Disneyland could be used to connect ToonTown to Galaxy's Edge in a future expansion.

EDIT: Unlikely, but I can dream

Ok...my $.02

Here's my take: In the USJ version of SNW the 1st floor under the mountain is the queue area for Yoshi. In Hollywood we have no Yoshi so that space could potentially house a warp pipe entrance through to a DK expansion. I'm sure they are using it for something else too but it could work.

Alternatively you could enter DK from the 2nd level. I'm sure they have looked at options as the space in green feels like the only way they could expand our SNW in the future.

Here's my take: In the USJ version of SNW the 1st floor under the mountain is the queue area for Yoshi. In Hollywood we have no Yoshi so that space could potentially house a warp pipe entrance through to a DK expansion. I'm sure they are using it for something else too but it could work.

Alternatively you could enter DK from the 2nd level. I'm sure they have looked at options as the space in green feels like the only way they could expand our SNW in the future.

Where Yoshi is located in Japan is where Hollywood will enter and exit the land. Hollywood's layout is similar to Japan, but not by much. My thoughts for a DK expansion would be Stage 29 and Transformers plot. Think about it, Transformers will be 10 years old in 2022... I know its a tough sell, but think of it this way...Universal always will go for what makes more money in the long run (remember the Amphitheater was demolished for WWoHP).

Where Yoshi is located in Japan is where Hollywood will enter and exit the land. Hollywood's layout is similar to Japan, but not by much. My thoughts for a DK expansion would be Stage 29 and Transformers plot. Think about it, Transformers will be 10 years old in 2022... I know its a tough sell, but think of it this way...Universal always will go for what makes more money in the long run (remember the Amphitheater was demolished for WWoHP).
I just don't see them taking out Transformers when this park's attendance was growing and there are much better plots for expansion.

DK is an outdoor coaster, right? Aren’t there noise pollution rules the park has to follow due to the studios being so close? I don’t think they can put a Rip Ride Rockit-esque, Hulk-esque coaster right next door to a working film and TV production studio, as much as I’m sure they’d like to. I don’t think one could go anywhere on the lower lot, really, which sucks because that level of coaster is my number one want for USH. Our SNW expansion, if it happens, will probably look pretty different from the other parks.

DK is an outdoor coaster, right? Aren’t there noise pollution rules the park has to follow due to the studios being so close? I don’t think they can put a Rip Ride Rockit-esque, Hulk-esque coaster right next door to a working film and TV production studio, as much as I’m sure they’d like to. I don’t think one could go anywhere on the lower lot, really, which sucks because that level of coaster is my number one want for USH. Our SNW expansion, if it happens, will probably look pretty different from the other parks.

Sound barriers are our friend. DK is relatively short in height and small in space, so sound barriers would be able to block all the noise.

As @PerceptiveCoot said, I really can't see them taking out Transformers for DK. Plus that would mean they would need to move the entrance for SNW so that the whole land could be connected. I just don't see that being the most likely option - but hey, we are all just arm chair guessing here!

Noise wise, there is nothing stopping them from making a potential DK expansion indoors - Universal seem to be moving further towards enclosed lands - Panda/Fantastic Beasts etc.

What will be interesting now is, with Epic Universe delayed to 2024, could we see a DK expansion open in Hollywood at the same time as EU? I guess that depends on how quick the Theme park industry recovers.

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
My consideration is that Stage 29 is park owned footprint, and stages 33-36 are also theme park property. If whatever replaces Mummy does not use the plot for 33-36, then SNW could plow right through Transformers and take the entire space for growth! Transformers just sits in the way of progress.

"Growth is progress, growth is progress!" - Dennis Hopper as the Deacon (Waterworld)

My consideration is that Stage 29 is park owned footprint, and stages 33-36 are also theme park property. If whatever replaces Mummy does not use the plot for 33-36, then SNW could plow right through Transformers and take the entire space for growth! Transformers just sits in the way of progress.

"Growth is progress, growth is progress!" - Dennis Hopper as the Deacon (Waterworld)
I've had the same thought. While a good ride, Transformers was built in a time when the Studio owned most of the land down there. Now that a lot of the land has been transferred from Studios to theme park use, Transformers is in an awkward spot. Transformers also isn't a ride i'd be sad to see go if it meant for great progress on the lower lot.

Does anyone know the potential of a Transformers relocation? It seems pretty impractical in my eyes, but the ride is incredibly popular (specifically among Chinese tourists, with the franchise being huge there).

Does anyone know the potential of a Transformers relocation? It seems pretty impractical in my eyes, but the ride is incredibly popular (specifically among Chinese tourists, with the franchise being huge there).

I feel like that’s a 0% chance. There’s no way they’re gonna tear it down and invest in rebuilding a near decade-old ride when they could build something brand new. The cost outweighs practicality, and Universal has a track record of, “Once it’s gone, it’s gone; time for something new.”

Last edited: