Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 323 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I do think they'll find a way to do some sort of Nintendo expansion in Hollywood tbh. What form that takes? Not sure, but I think it'll happen.

Also, Mummy is either getting replaced by a coaster or its getting rethemed. There is no way in h e c k that they demolish Mummy and don't put a coaster there. The park will just be in the same problem its currently in right now if they were to do so.

Last edited:
Locals won't go to Florida, but a lot of people who traveled to the park specifically to experience Nintendo will.
But do people travel there specifically for the parks? Because I want to make a CA trip, but I am not going specifically for Universal. I will however go to Universal when I do visit.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Just spit-balling, but if the DreamWorks theater were to never get any update like we've been expecting/hoping for year in and year out, if Universal was to knock it down and push in a little closer to CityWalk, could they feasibly fit in, say, a Zelda land in that space? I'm not entirely sure how big the building/area is, but since it's looking less likely that we'll ever get a Wizarding World expansion, I'm trying to imagine what they could squeeze in that space since I'm so beyond over passing by Kung Fu Panda every time I go.

(And hell, it doesn't even have to be Zelda -- since Shrek 5 is probably gonna be huge, I wouldn't hate seeing the building turned into a Shrek mini-land with an actual ride, but again, just don't know how much that space permits.)

Reactions: BriefCasey
Just spit-balling, but if the DreamWorks theater were to never get any update like we've been expecting/hoping for year in and year out, if Universal was to knock it down and push in a little closer to CityWalk, could they feasibly fit in, say, a Zelda land in that space? I'm not entirely sure how big the building/area is, but since it's looking less likely that we'll ever get a Wizarding World expansion, I'm trying to imagine what they could squeeze in that space since I'm so beyond over passing by Kung Fu Panda every time I go.

(And hell, it doesn't even have to be Zelda -- since Shrek 5 is probably gonna be huge, I wouldn't hate seeing the building turned into a Shrek mini-land with an actual ride, but again, just don't know how much that space permits.)

Very, very tight squeeze with essential back of house access points directly behind it. I don't see anything like this happening, for better or worse.

You'd have to knock down Water World and then snack it around to that area.......or knock out NY street but they just added Power Up Cafe

So sadly I doubt it

Now, I will say if they do bring Shrek to the Theater I'm not against them doing some more Shrek themeing to the area. Like the Meet and Greet area across the way could be plushed and the Q for Dreamworks could have some props added to it

This is completely off topic, but the whole purpose of the DreamWorks Theatre theme is so they can swap out different DreamWorks IPs without it being themed to one specific IP, hence all the posters lining the walls. No need for anything "extra".

Now back to our regularly scheduled Nintendo related discussion (if one exists lol)

If a Hollywood expansion does happen, I see Transforners biting the dust for it. It's a decent amount of space for  something and its sooooo close to Super Nintendo World. Transformers is popular but it's also that sort of thing where if it were to close, there would be a collective "Oh, okay". Maybe they could utilize the same ride system and make a Hollywood Exclusive Mario (or Mario adjacent) attraction. Or just demolish it and make something completely new for Hollywood, and Hollywood only.

Maybe we get a ride centered around another main cast member that is more "original" (as in, it's not an attraction that takes something from the video game and tries to make it "IRL", but rather a more experimental experience where it takes the Mario IP and does something more "obtuse").

Last edited:
If a Hollywood expansion does happen, I see Transforners biting the dust for it. It's a decent amount of space for  something and its sooooo close to Super Nintendo World. Transformers is popular but it's also that sort of thing where if it were to close, there would be a collective "Oh, okay". Maybe they could utilize the same ride system and make a Hollywood Exclusive Mario (or Mario adjacent) attraction. Or just demolish it and make something completely new for Hollywood, and Hollywood only.
Plus there are area's around that attraction that could also be easier to make into theme park space. So I agree that plus Simpsons I think will leave in the next 5ish years, plus people have complained about screen only rides for a while at USH this helps move towards losing the reputation

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
Universal Studios Hollywood is celebrating the 1st Anniversary of Super Nintendo World with "new ways to level up", including the all-new Power Up Cafe, the debut of a commemorative, special-release Golden Power-Up Band, and a limited-edition complimentary 1-Year Anniversary Button.

Reactions: Nico
Universal Studios Hollywood is celebrating the 1st Anniversary of Super Nintendo World with "new ways to level up", including the all-new Power Up Cafe, the debut of a commemorative, special-release Golden Power-Up Band, and a limited-edition complimentary 1-Year Anniversary Button.

Hm, so the Gold Band won't be limited edition like it was in Japan? Hope that's true.

EDIT: Will probably still buy just in case. I like my collectibles.

Last edited:
Hm, so the Gold Band won't be limited edition like it was in Japan? Hope that's true.

EDIT: Will probably still buy just in case. I like my collectibles.
Aw crap, nevermind. Looks like it probably will be if this bit from the site's saying anything:
1706910104296.png