Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 180 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The discourse surrounding Super Nintendo World's status in Hollywood has been very strange. People beg insiders to speak up, but people balk when folks say what they know, seemingly wanting this thing to open in 2023 (and how dare you suggest it might soft in 2022). I don't know what else to tell them.

And it's funny--especially when we have had an all new tram experience built in the matter of months, ontop of multiple projects in Citywalk in active means of development (with brand new ones permitted just last week too). Not even talking on that potential Escape Room, the success of the park and area should be the thing that stops people "wanting" and begging something to open later.

Honestly, I'd have to think they're getting their opening day teams soon, and already have people on hand being trained for MK. The time it took for Velocicoaster to get their Opening Day TM's trained was by 4-6 months yeah? Late 2022 (or hell, maybe even before the Holiday period starts [let me dream]) seems more than viable. Especially if they are making methods and plans now to prepare the park for the allocation needed to open the land up quick.

The discourse surrounding Super Nintendo World's status in Hollywood has been very strange. People beg insiders to speak up, but people balk when folks say what they know, seemingly wanting this thing to open in 2023 (and how dare you suggest it might soft in 2022). I don't know what else to tell them.

I’ve only seen one person on here dying for it not to soft open in 2022 just cause it’s not slated for summer 2023 like their prediction.

You summarized it very well. It was the same with the rumor about no interactive areas in our version, people were clinging to that when all signs pointed to that not being true. I don't get it

I have no proper proof of this but I'm hearing a tour of our version of SNW will be filmed with Doug Bowser leading the way when the area is complete, sometime around August is the hope.
August tracks with the completion goal I've heard as well

Reactions: Clive
And, just to set some expectations, I think we’re looking at mid November at the earliest.

Just because the land is “done” in September/October doesn’t mean they’ll soft immediately. Still have to train, do some media previews and shoots, etc.
Correct. They only advertised the manager position about two weeks ago which will take about two months to hire. This person is responsible for the land and hiring and budgeting etc. so we are still a ways away.

I haven't dealt with soft opens ever really, and this next trip will be my first to the Hollywood park. Would it be reasonable to assume that the area and ride will generally be open (barring inevitable maintence and downtime) sometime around mid December? How would crowds be compared to official opening, and would Holiday crowds in the rest of the park be manageable compared to say Jan-Feb crowds? Should I plan for official opening and deal with the crowds that come with it? I know there are a lot of questions here, but would love to know as much as possible as early as I can planning wise. And frankly, compared to other places I could look for answers I know that people here would know best.

I haven't dealt with soft opens ever really, and this next trip will be my first to the Hollywood park. Would it be reasonable to assume that the area and ride will generally be open (barring inevitable maintence and downtime) sometime around mid December? How would crowds be compared to official opening, and would Holiday crowds in the rest of the park be manageable compared to say Jan-Feb crowds? Should I plan for official opening and deal with the crowds that come with it? I know there are a lot of questions here, but would love to know as much as possible as early as I can planning wise. And frankly, compared to other places I could look for answers I know that people here would know best.
They are saying next year so unless you have an AP and can get here on a day they say you can enter early would not plan on it

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I'd highly advise against planning around softs, as there's really now guarantee there

Correct. They only advertised the manager position about two weeks ago which will take about two months to hire. This person is responsible for the land and hiring and budgeting etc. so we are still a ways away.
Keep in mind that certain positions, like those in operations, have already been undergoing training for a while

There are no guarantees, but your odds are pretty good. With that said, keep in mind that Potter was "closed" on certain days during the continuous "soft opening period" for various reasons, including media visits and shoots. This could easily happen on the day of your visit, but my guess is it'd be more likely to occur earlier in December when crowds are soft. As the holiday visitors flood the park, they'll want every bit of capacity open.

There are no guarantees, but your odds are pretty good. With that said, keep in mind that Potter was "closed" on certain days during the continuous "soft opening period" for various reasons, including media visits and shoots. This could easily happen on the day of your visit, but my guess is it'd be more likely to occur earlier in December when crowds are soft. As the holiday visitors flood the park, they'll want every bit of capacity open.
Then why isn’t it opening this year?

like I’m not getting why they want to have a land ready to go and then want to soft open it for months instead of just opening it in September and filling the park up 9/10 days for the next year

Then why isn’t it opening this year?

like I’m not getting why they want to have a land ready to go and then want to soft open it for months instead of just opening it in September and filling the park up 9/10 days for the next year
Lands don't just open the moment they're finished. They need team members to accommodate to the inflow of guests, new meet and greets, see how they handle working the interactive stations etc. Advertising for early 2023 is a confidence statement in which they can be sure everything is smooth by then and have people secure a planned visit to the park instead of a short notice opening this year. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

Had the Pandemic not happened Japan would've opened in 2020, Hollywood would've been 2021.. in late 2019, USH had a preview of "coming soon" in SS29 for teammembers. Obviously the first thing was PETS & Minions Cafe, small mention of Toothsome for Citywalk, and lastly NintendoLand

I can understand the frustration of Nintendo not being open this year, but considering how all businesses are hurting for employees, I can also understand why it's taking longer.

Lands don't just open the moment they're finished.
Unless they're new Disney park lands... they open before they're finished

Lands don't just open the moment they're finished. They need team members to accommodate to the inflow of guests, new meet and greets, see how they handle working the interactive stations etc. Advertising for early 2023 is a confidence statement in which they can be sure everything is smooth by then and have people secure a planned visit to the park instead of a short notice opening this year. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.
They need 3 months for this?

Was GE ready for 3 months before opening? I thought it was basically down to the wire, Toontown will be done I'm sure before its open again to but three months?

It the land is done by September then by November should be good to go on training, we have one new ride (that is already running), a restaurant, meet and greets (that they could today have out and start training) and then the raid stuff

I'm not saying rush it but 3+ months, when your a company based of profits seems insane to me. They are always willing to slash budgets but can't ramp up a little spending to make buckets of money? Thats my issue

Was GE ready for 3 months before opening? I thought it was basically down to the wire, Toontown will be done I'm sure before its open again to but three months?

It the land is done by September then by November should be good to go on training, we have one new ride (that is already running), a restaurant, meet and greets (that they could today have out and start training) and then the raid stuff

I'm not saying rush it but 3+ months, when your a company based of profits seems insane to me. They are always willing to slash budgets but can't ramp up a little spending to make buckets of money? Thats my issue

I understand you want the land to open ASAP and I'm fairly confident in saying Universal would love to have the land open ASAP. They won't be sitting on a land unoccupied by guests if they don't have to. As was said by others, even once the land is fully complete there is still so much to do. hiring, training etc. Construction wise they still have a few months to go. Universal will open the land whether it be for Tech Rehersals or the grand opening when they feel confident that they are ready for guests to experience everything. Universal will only get one chance at a first impression, so they have to make sure everything is working and ready to go. They can't afford to screw this up. So I say, let them take their time and get this right.

It's alright man, YOU can build your own Super Nintendo World at home and experience it before anyone else! Problem solved.