Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 198 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does anyone know - looking at the drone footage / photos throughout construction, all the hills / backgrounds seem to be put up in square, with clear seems.

When I look at the USJ version, it doesn't seem to be this way?

Is this a different design approach?
hollywood cant afford the good ones

Does anyone know - looking at the drone footage / photos throughout construction, all the hills / backgrounds seem to be put up in square, with clear seems.

When I look at the USJ version, it doesn't seem to be this way?

Is this a different design approach?
Thats the giant pixel theming... totally planned and not cost cutting at all ;)

I'm still trying to wrap my head around an outdoor extended queue for Mario Kart. The show building is already larger than the entire land itself (and has one story completely dedicated to the queue). The indoor queue is already massive. Why do they need even MORE queue space? That space could've been used for an extra minor activity area/attraction.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around an outdoor extended queue for Mario Kart. The show building is already larger than the entire land itself (and has one story completely dedicated to the queue). The indoor queue is already massive. Why do they need even MORE queue space? That space could've been used for an extra minor activity area/attraction.
Probably because it’s queue space for another “encounter” style attraction?

I agree if it really is for MK....but hopefully its for a Yoshi Meet and greet or something

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
I keep thinking about this more and more and you might be onto something. They already confirmed reservations (just for the land!), so why the massive queue? What exactly lies in Mt Beanpole?

Disappointing, hopefully it doesn’t look too bad once inside.

It looks horrific in person from what you can on the outside. Those seams are so obvious and looks terribly tacky. Looks like brickwork. I really hope they blend it together by the grand opening.

Was there Friday and during the Studio Tour, the door was open for the opened area on lower level beneath the Yoshi Island themed area behind Mt. Beanpole. Wasn't expecting it so I wasn't able to get a pic, but from a quick glimpse it did not look like a queue. That has to be an interactive area.

Regarding a MK extended queue to the left of Bowser's Castle, I just don't see it. With the regular queue being so large already and USH's land being so small, why give up any additional space for interactive activities.

That is your opinion which I will respect. But what supports your opinion that it "absolutely affects the experience?" The land is not even open yet. No one has experienced it yet so how can an experience be affected when not experienced?
To add to this, I don’t hear a lot of people complaining about being able to see the back of the DWT building or the CityWalk buildings from Hogsmede. You can only do so much. It’ll be fine.

To add to this, I don’t hear a lot of people complaining about being able to see the back of the DWT building or the CityWalk buildings from Hogsmede. You can only do so much. It’ll be fine.

At the prices we pay, I personally expect the best quality product from parks like Universal and Disney. If they can build a version in Tokyo without clear and distracting seams, they should have also be able to do so in Hollywood.

Last edited:
I guess I'm confused, but how exactly can the SNW hills be considered a sightline issue? To me, a sightline issue would be, for instance, seeing external buildings from Wizarding World or Super Silly Fun Land while on Jurassic Park. Those are valid concerns, but not really comparable to the SNW hills; there should be a distinction made.

That difference, I'd argue, is that the hills are not a sightline problem, but a design/aesthetic problem. They're not something outside the land visible from within, but a part of it, and therefore, yes, the weird grid pattern is something people should be allowed to find ugly, as it's directly designed as a piece of the land itself. It's no different than if the snow on the rooftops of Hogsmeade was purple or if Mount Beanpole was a coil instead of straight, creative decisions directly tethered to the internal appearance of the land. Couple the fact that they're not like that in Japan's version, which raises questions why Hollywood is getting the ugly grid pattern, and I think it makes complete sense why people don't like it (and should be free to say so).

I am fine too. I will be there to enjoy the ride and the atmosphere, not to look at seams (not seems) in fake hillsides.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freak and JS610
If it were just the seems I honestly wouldn’t mind too much, but it’s the seems, exposed steel, poorly themed showbuilding on the outside together that just sort of disappoint me. Obviously, you’re gonna see some exposed stuff from the StarWay but I’d expect that once I’m entering the land that sort of stuff would be hidden from guest view