Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 180 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I could watch that video all day.

I wonder why they didn’t make Toad mouth articulated. I imagine it’s because he can’t gesture? I’d imagine giving the attendant a button would solve it.

It’s a shorter person who’s head is at the top of the mushroom top and sees out of the red circle. The arms are moved, most likely, by levers in the face area.

That thing is absolutely going to injure people over time.

I wonder if somewhere in the development process Nintendo decided that all the special effects that made everything feel fast were too much

Maybe it was Universal's decision to do it

It's definitely an intentional choice to me on someone's part

For instance, in scene one you start out quick and there is projection mapping, then the gate slams and you "slow down"

Then the last scene brings the speed back

Idk, it seems very accommodating for everyone, where a high speed projection mapped projection fest may not have been

I keep thinking about it today how much I like the route they chose

Reactions: Brer Oswald
I wonder if somewhere in the development process Nintendo decided that all the special effects that made everything feel fast were too much

Maybe it was Universal's decision to do it

It's definitely an intentional choice to me on someone's part

For instance, in scene one you start out quick and there is projection mapping, then the gate slams and you "slow down"

Then the last scene brings the speed back

Idk, it seems very accommodating for everyone, where a high speed projection mapped projection fest may not have been

I keep thinking about it today how much I like the route they chose
In the games, you slow down underwater. I wonder if that had any effect on the Speed Change.

Reactions: shiekra38
You know, do these people who are pissed it's not "RSR/TT/Journey" even realize that the fast portion on all three of those rides lasts, like 30 seconds at most (maybe a little bit longer on Test Track, but the other two are considered much better rides anyway)?

The vibe I get out of this ride is "MIB meets Mr. Toad's."

Last edited:
Probably cause they’re trying to make us feel a part of team Mario, especially since we battle with Boswer and Boswer Jr, it may look sus to be wearing a bowser power up band
And this is where "story" gets in the way of fun

I'm a Bowser Main in Mario Kart...honestly If I was them the band would also be "reversible" Have Mario band be red or Orange/yellow and themed for his Mario Maker Costume or Bowser/Dry Bone Bowser

I know the topic has kind of strayed from the Yoshi ride a little bit but there’s one nit-pick about the ride I’m surprised nobody brought up: There were no nods to the game “Yoshi Commits Tax Fraud” in the ride. How are my future kids going to remember when Yoshi tried to run from the cops while committing tax fraud in the Mario lore?

Cal/OSHA will make them care.
It’s not an immediate danger to the employee. While I’m sure it’s uncomfortable, and could cause long-term skeletal-muscular issues, similar costumes (and more damaging) have been used for years. I doubt Universal would design a costume for a popular character that wouldn’t meet OSHA requirements when they’re literally producing most of this stuff en mass.

It’s not an immediate danger to the employee. While I’m sure it’s uncomfortable, and could cause long-term skeletal-muscular issues, similar costumes (and more damaging) have been used for years. I doubt Universal would design a costume for a popular character that wouldn’t meet OSHA requirements when they’re literally producing most of this stuff en mass.

I was going to say... it wouldn't be the first time Cal/OSHA does nothing about costumes that are known to cause issues.

Reactions: Frogki
On Nintendo influencing the ride, I'd imagine they wanted interactivity to be a part of every experience, necessitating certain design decisions.

It makes me wonder if other Nintendo properties will go the same root. From rumors, we know DK's interactive elements are more in the queue, with some kind of talking animatronic. Pokemon ride could easily just be Pokemon Snap, and no one would claim any mismatch between property and ride system with that. Zelda's the tricky one though. That would be the property most suited for a more exciting ride, and you can't exactly give everyone a sword. Multiple interactive dungeon puzzles scattered throughout the land is a no brainer. But otherwise it's difficult to think of a physical interactive ride that isn't a simulator and doesn't involve shooting.