Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 181 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
On Nintendo influencing the ride, I'd imagine they wanted interactivity to be a part of every experience, necessitating certain design decisions.

It makes me wonder if other Nintendo properties will go the same root. From rumors, we know DK's interactive elements are more in the queue, with some kind of talking animatronic. Pokemon ride could easily just be Pokemon Snap, and no one would claim any mismatch between property and ride system with that. Zelda's the tricky one though. That would be the property most suited for a more exciting ride, and you can't exactly give everyone a sword. Multiple interactive dungeon puzzles scattered throughout the land is a no brainer. But otherwise it's difficult to think of a physical interactive ride that isn't a simulator and doesn't involve shooting.

Shooting arrows from the back of a horse (patent).

Reactions: Brer Oswald
Shooting arrows from the back of a horse (patent).

With a Zelda ride, they could actually go away from interactive and make it an adventure ride with a hero/heroine guiding you around. Kind of like Spiderman but set in Hyrule. The one patent that everyone connects is the one where a boat transitions to a flying ride. With that type, the ride is the fun part and you don't need be a participant. Just my way of looking at it.

So is Osaka not getting the DK coaster/land? I was looking at a walkthrough and there’s like a closed off doorway or something that looks like it would lead somewhere but it’s closed. It’s weird. But they’re not getting DK right?

It’s a shorter person who’s head is at the top of the mushroom top and sees out of the red circle. The arms are moved, most likely, by levers in the face area.

Are you certain that's how it's done? I can picture a shorter, slender person with their elbows tucked to their sides and Toad's arms are actually the person's forearms and hands swinging back and forth.

So is Osaka not getting the DK coaster/land? I was looking at a walkthrough and there’s like a closed off doorway or something that looks like it would lead somewhere but it’s closed. It’s weird. But they’re not getting DK right?
It’s saved for phase 2. That door opens right up when they’re ready.

Just gotta build it first.

Are you certain that's how it's done? I can picture a shorter, slender person with their elbows tucked to their sides and Toad's arms are actually the person's forearms and hands swinging back and forth.
That’s also possible. It’s a touch hard to tell without someone beside him for scale.

Completely ridiculous review by watching a bunch of videos.
The land = A
Interactive Games = B
Mario Kart = B+...quite impossible
To tell without riding.
Yoshi = C
Merch = B+
Overall B

Reactions: Brer Oswald
On Zelda...I doubt it will happen but would like the ride to just be a detailed ride with no shooting....the mini game/raids are PERFECT for Zelda and think if they open up a land they could do. 1 E-ticket, one ride maybe something like a tower ride (themed as a sheikah tower) that you get to see the land from high above and they use AR on the glass so you see characters doing things within the land...and link flying next to you.

Then have a few mini games like and shooting targets/ruppes like in the games, and then a Dungeon or two that have puzzles and end with a raid boss.

Reactions: SkiBum
If we’re talking Legend of Zelda (and if it isn’t too off-topic to say), I would really like for an extended AR version of Posideon’s Fury. Heck, put it IN Posideon’s Fury.

Part The VOID, part Mario Kart, part Efteling’s Raveleijn, with Link, Zelda, Ganon, maybe a few side characters like the goddesses, Impa (could play the Taylor-esque role, as the Princess has tasked her with protecting you...?), and maybe even a live horse as Epona (they do it in Efteling and Puy du Fou, and I feel like this might be less of a horse stunt show and more of a horse walk for a minute, then brought backstage to get fed and pet). Navi would be a great AR character, despite inevitable grumbling. People would be snarky about it being a walk-through, but if you’ve ever been to The VOID you know that it FAR surpasses MANY theme park experiences. It would also cater to the older audience of Zelda, while offering a show-type experience for the very young/old crowd - if they can figure out a way to do the VR computer in a lighter way, perhaps in a shield-looking backpack, as thin as they can make it.

I think this would have to pull a Galaxy’s Edge, taking vague hints from each game and re-contextualizing for a new adventure, just as each Zelda game does in some regard. It would be sweet to see a third incarnation of the Deku tree somewhere in the land.

I think the “making the team members part of the show” thing would be fun here. The way the game’s tImElInE works anyway is that many of the characters are vague reincarnations of one another, sometimes with different names even. Takes a lot of pressure off of TMs to know lore. If all else fails, they could just scream “GET OUT OF MY SHOP.”

This video shows every interactive activity... and what the land looks like through one of the AR binoculars (at 24:00)

I don’t know if they do this already (I seriously doubt it) but it would be DOPE if you could use the AR binoculars to find some secret “coin bops” to win some mad coins. Like maybe have a little sparkle or shine at a wall or something to give a hint as to where it might be.

It would give the AR binoculars more of a purpose than just to look at it. Still a cool feature nonetheless.

Reactions: Clive and Alicia
I don’t know if they do this already (I seriously doubt it) but it would be DOPE if you could use the AR binoculars to find some secret “coin bops” to win some mad coins. Like maybe have a little sparkle or shine at a wall or something to give a hint as to where it might be.

It would give the AR binoculars more of a purpose than just to look at it. Still a cool feature nonetheless.
It wasn’t spoiled, but a video I watched mentioned unlockable secrets in the binoculars

Reactions: Clive
It’s saved for phase 2. That door opens right up when they’re ready.

Just gotta build it first.
DK is under construction right now. It's coming later.
Man I must have got lost in the sauce and completely missed that. Really thought it was only coming to the U.S. But since that's the case, thats GREAT!

I love the door being there knowing that's the case. It is like a door to DLC in a game that has not been released yet :D

*STARES AT BORDERLANDS 3*

This video shows every interactive activity... and what the land looks like through one of the AR binoculars (at 24:00)

Say what you will about the land, negative, positive, whatever you feel

This land will always be remembered for the breakthrough of quality AR and over the top interactivity

Like it or not, the bar has been adjusted higher once again