Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 184 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
LOL come on man. It's not even close to comparable. It's like saying I can ride a cardboard box down my stairs, so I can ride a rollercoaster at home.
It’s obviously higher resolution now, and in the form of glasses. But it is “close to comparable”. I have no qualms with the use of AR for the items and some of the enemies. It’s a great idea. But can you blame me for wanting a little more for the characters themselves?

It’s obviously higher resolution now, and in the form of glasses. But it is “close to comparable”. I have no qualms with the use of AR for the items and some of the enemies. It’s a great idea. But can you blame me for wanting a little more for the characters themselves?
Playing a game in your living room isn't even close to riding the MK ride in real life

It's not even close to experiencing the MK pre-show

This is a DisTwitter-esque talking point that's tired

Playing a game in your living room isn't even close to riding the MK ride in real life

Also you have to walk through that increidble land before you ride it, comparing this to an at home experience is just sad frankly. If there were zero sets this argument MIGHT at best still be worth it for Twitter but if this user has all those sets at home too security needs to remove them from USJ, it’s weird.

I swear, it’s all “only positive” or “only negative” with this one. I go on WDWMagic and I’m defending the ride from people who are complaining that it’s nothing like Mario Kart (it is). Then I come on here and lament that I would have liked a bit more and would have preferred to see my favourite characters and locations from the Mario games in a physical form, and I’m mocked for not being appreciative enough. I can’t win.

I like what I see, but I would loved to see the only “relevant” IP I’m interested in get the same special treatment that Harry Potter, and Star Wars, and all the other movie IPs I could not care any less about got in their E Ticket attractions.

I swear, it’s all “only positive” or “only negative” with this one. I go on WDWMagic and I’m defending the ride from people who are complaining that it’s nothing like Mario Kart (it is). Then I come on here and lament that I would have liked a bit more and would have preferred to see my favourite characters and locations from the Mario games in a physical form, and I’m mocked for not being appreciative enough. I can’t win.

I like what I see, but I would loved to see the only “relevant” IP I’m interested in get the same special treatment that Harry Potter, and Star Wars, and all the other movie IPs I could not care any less about got in their E Ticket attractions.
The issue is comparing any theme park attraction to an at home experience when they very clearly aren’t. It’s not the other points, it’s literally that one. You can’t even do Supercharged at home, even if it’s close.

Reactions: Frogki
It's absolutely bonkers to me that you think this is a lesser treatment than HP or SW got.

The issue is comparing any theme park attraction to an at home experience when they very clearly aren’t. It’s not the other points, it’s literally that one. You can’t even do Supercharged at home, even if it’s close.
I’m not comparing the experience wholesale. It was specifically in reference to the “digital representations of characters”. For characters that are native to the digital format, seeing them physically as animatronics is something you wouldn’t be able to get anywhere else.

You obviously cannot recreate the ride in your basement. That wasn’t the point of my argument.

It's absolutely bonkers to me that you think this is a lesser treatment than HP or SW got.
The attractions are not blowing people away in the same way Forbidden Journey, Hagrid’s, and Rise did. Which is a shame because I’m absolutely tired of hearing about HP/SW.

My 75-year-old mother got her first shot yesterday at Walmart. That was the only place where I was able to get her an appointment after weeks of trying.

So far, the only side effect is a minor headache. It was the Moderna vaccine if anyone is curious.

Both my mom and grandma (mat.) have gotten their second dose.

As a reminder, when lockdown began in mid-March 2020, the ABSOLUTE DREAM best case scenario for even an approval was thought to be...March 2021, but likely still after September 2021.

Truly an amazing scientific achievement.

Nah, there is no way the spirits would have us miss another HHN year ;)

Reactions: Mike S
I’m not comparing the experience wholesale. It was specifically in reference to the “digital representations of characters”. For characters that are native to the digital format, seeing them physically as animatronics is something you wouldn’t be able to get anywhere else.

You obviously cannot recreate the ride in your basement. That wasn’t the point of my argument.
Well, that’s what the entire land is for, and most the ride that includes the sets, you can’t get AR that’s implemented in your ride vehicle anywhere else. This is a digital form of Mario you literally can’t get anywhere else

Yeah...I'm not going to take the YouTube comment section on a Universal ride as gospel
Oh, I’m not either. I’m just saying it isn’t all praise like it is here. Almsot everyone commenting will pay Universal for a ticket again another day so it don’t matter.

Oh, I’m not either. I’m just saying it isn’t all praise like it is here. Almost everyone commenting will pay Universal for a ticket again another day so it don’t matter.
I know what you're saying but for reference on what people said about Universal attractions

FJ was too convoluted of a story and had too many screen domes
Gringotts had too many screens and bad pacing
Kong had too many screens and bad pacing
Hagrids rushed by the practical effects too quickly to appreciate and the AAs had too little movement
Velocicoaster is triggering some people for simply existing
Hulk's queue wasn't air conditioned

It's always something lol