Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

In regards to USJ's Nintendo World:
We are going to open up next spring. It's a whole new separate area of the park. It's got food. It's got merchandise. The first phase will have two rides, Super Mario Kart Ride and as well as Yoshi's Adventures. Yoshi is one of the other Nintendo characters. There will be two rides. The whole land is interactive. And you are going to have a wristband that's got the big red Mario symbol on it.

By the way, the wristband is super cool. It's all magnetic. You slap it at your wrist and it just snaps on and it won't come off. And that allows you to, on an interactive basis throughout the entire land which is built on three different levels. It's got all the popular Bowser's deal and Princess Peach's Castle and all the different key elements. And you will be able to go up and keep score and play with the various games and that also translates to a score keeping capability, if you choose to do so within the rides and it actually interfaces back with your game console. So you can build on it and come back again and really got everything going for it.
Do you have a link for this quote?

Yea just saw it. Lots of talk about the new Orlando park in there as well!
Its making me register for me to able to read, any other big quotes minus the Nintendo stuff? Those wristbands sound incredible, and having them connect to your own personal console makes for re-ridability, and an automatic personal connection to the land. Genius!

Its making me register for me to able to read, any other big quotes minus the Nintendo stuff? Those wristbands sound incredible, and having them connect to your own personal console makes for re-ridability, and an automatic personal connection to the land. Genius!

Yes just check the other threads....I updated quite a few threads with info regarding parks.

A wristband with a red Mario thing on it (I think the cap) and connection to the console. That is very cool and I probably pick up a console if the integration is done will. Very exciting!

Looks better with every reveal! :exclap:

I really hope we get Mario on a flag pole like in the artwork.

I'm sure about 1 thing, this land doesn't going to feel dead and lifeless.
The moving cloud platforms, spinning coins, Yoshi's moving around, life entertainment, characters and that are the one we can see from the artwork. I'm sure there will be a lot of game elements going on that will have practical effects.

Now only if they can have Mario running around the land constantly like they did in the commercial, then it'd realllyyy feel alive!!! But yes, this land is going to be something else.

Can you bring a Nintendo Switch into the park? If so, it'll be amazing to play the Switch Lite in a Mario land!

Woahhhh holy s**t! That realization just hit me. Imagine playing Mario Odyssey in SNW. That's Insane!

Do you think people have done that before in previous immersive lands? I could see an AP spending an afternoon reading Harry Potter next to Hogswarts Castle while sipping a pint of butterbeer.

Woahhhh holy s**t! That realization just hit me. Imagine playing Mario Odyssey in SNW. That's Insane!

Do you think people have done that before in previous immersive lands? I could see an AP spending an afternoon reading Harry Potter next to Hogswarts Castle while sipping a pint of butterbeer.

I'd think that Super Mario 3D World Deluxe (whenever it comes) or Super Mario Maker 2's 3D World levels would be perfect for this land, more so than Odyssey :lol:

I'd think that Super Mario 3D World Deluxe (whenever it comes) or Super Mario Maker 2's 3D World levels would be perfect for this land, more so than Odyssey :lol:

Well, let's be fair. Adding NES/SNES online to the mix, you probably have dozens of games to get your Mario fix from on the switch. So let's just say the best platformer on the console and leave it at that.

Well, let's be fair. Adding NES/SNES online to the mix, you probably have dozens of games to get your Mario fix from on the switch. So let's just say the best platformer on the console and leave it at that.

Nah, Mario Odyssey is the best platformer on the Switch, but the land itself is heavily inspired by Super Mario 3D World (you will notice the Piranha Creepers in the concept art).

I don't think Universal wants to be responsible for broken switches after a day at Universal hints the wristband that connects with the switch once you go home.