Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

I’m surprised they didn’t try and have DK up for the olympics. Though 2022 could work. There is still a strong tourism boom about 18 months after the olympics.

DisneySea/TDL and their additions are going to be major competitors for those crowds though and (obviously) have a vastly superior location for the Olympic crowds; so I could see some wisdom in doing just enough to catch some of them w/ SNW and try to ride that wave with DK expansion for the future.

With or without DK?

With two Donkey Kong lands!

It’s Japan, how would anyone here possibly know the budget? (No offense @Joe)

Not to mention no one has a clue who is paying what for R&D across two rides that are going in four different parks. If a budget number was ever pulled out of someone’s backside (and as you know, I think most numbers thrown around are), this is definitely the one.

MD took the words out of the mouth, but Would that include DKC? Or is that more due to making sure it's safe when it comes down to the subject of the typhoons and big storms Japan gets.
plus extremely expensive construction costs in Japan even without the typhoon/earthquake provisions.

With two Donkey Kong lands!

It’s Japan, how would anyone here possibly know the budget? (No offense @Joe)

Not to mention no one has a clue who is paying what for R&D across two rides that are going in four different parks. If a budget number was ever pulled out of someone’s backside (and as you know, I think most numbers thrown around are), this is definitely the one.

It’s what I was told by someone I know. :lol:

I’m surprised they didn’t try and have DK up for the olympics. Though 2022 could work. There is still a strong tourism boom about 18 months after the olympics.

DisneySea/TDL and their additions are going to be major competitors for those crowds though and (obviously) have a vastly superior location for the Olympic crowds; so I could see some wisdom in doing just enough to catch some of them w/ SNW and try to ride that wave with DK expansion for the future.

I looked up bookings for all summer in Osaka near USJ and its already booked solid. They don't need DK to open wit this park. Most of the Olympic action actually isn't that close to that area of Tokyo which may upset the flow.

I looked up bookings for all summer in Osaka near USJ and its already booked solid.

well... yeah. That was the case one year out. :lol:

As for the events, yes... they are almost all around Tokyo. With the new village being in Tokyo Bay (where TDL is).
Tokyo 2020 Olympics Venues - Japan Rail Pass

I don’t know if you’ve been to Japan, but nothing is even remotely close to Osaka. Osaka bookings are clearly just for vacation to see other parts of Japan before and after the olympics. Both USJ and TDL will benefit greatly from the games. I’d expect record crowds at both.

I know my posts are the same, generic thing every time we get a new picture but this one might be one of the clearest shots we have yet at all the details here. I get chills at every picture. Getting closer and closer to that Bowser's Castle reveal too! Making the video game world look as realistic as possible. Man I am just so impressed, can't wait to see this final product.

I know my posts are the same, generic thing every time we get a new picture but this one might be one of the clearest shots we have yet at all the details here. I get chills at every picture. Getting closer and closer to that Bowser's Castle reveal too! Making the video game world look as realistic as possible. Man I am just so impressed, can't wait to see this final product.

Wouldn't worry about it buddy, you are amongst equally obsessed friends here! :thumbsup:

How can anyone not be excited about the prospect of something (hopefully) as good as the Wizarding Worlds?

Wouldn't worry about it buddy, you are amongst equally obsessed friends here! :thumbsup:

How can anyone not be excited about the prospect of something (hopefully) as good as the Wizarding Worlds?
Honestly! Mix in all the nostalgia I have playing Nintendo my entire life, still been playing into my young adult life with my boyfriend (who will also likely one day be my hubby), knowing my love for Universal parks and the joy they've brought me over the last 10 years, this is truly a dream come true for a theme park land. And the amount of detail we can see so far tells me this should be equally as strong as the Wizarding World. Can't speak to the attractions yet, but the atmosphere itself seems like it is going to be just A+!!

Here I am, at work, just sitting at my desk smiling at that picture lol.