Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

Do we think the wristbands will be free? I'd expect them to be a purchasable item like the interactive wands.

Looking forward to seeing all the crazy food and merch they come up with for this land!
My guess would be cheap disposable style ones like Joe mentioned could be free. Maybe they could offer purchasable ones that look like the scanbands from Jurassic World (rubber-coated slap bracelets).

Knowing USJ-

Don't expect this app/website to be available in english. Don't expect them to announce a crystal clear opening date. Don't expect them to announce a straight forward way of entering the land (ex- return time tickets, buying some weird "express package") Don't expect the food to be the same as the other parks.

USJ is whack.

They don't cater to the English speaking audience and it doesn't seem like they care to. It might be a tad bit different because they'll have the Olympics 300 miles away, but this park still does crazy stuff like include Jack Sparrow in WaterWorld so don't expect things to be easy in regards to getting information and English accessibility haha. It might even be awhile until we see a POV come out of there.

Knowing USJ-

Don't expect this app/website to be available in english. Don't expect them to announce a crystal clear opening date. Don't expect them to announce a straight forward way of entering the land (ex- return time tickets, buying some weird "express package") Don't expect the food to be the same as the other parks.

USJ is whack.

They don't cater to the English speaking audience and it doesn't seem like they care to. It might be a tad bit different because they'll have the Olympics 300 miles away, but this park still does crazy stuff like include Jack Sparrow in WaterWorld so don't expect things to be easy in regards to getting information and English accessibility haha. It might even be awhile until we see a POV come out of there.

paging @Yukendoit

Knowing USJ-

USJ is whack.

How the heck do they use Jack Sparrow without getting sued? :what:

Don't expect them to announce a crystal clear opening date.

If they are going to include the land in the Express packages, you would think they would have to make an opening announcement in enough time to get those things sold properly right? Express can be bought months in advance and can sell out quickly from what I've read. I guess maybe they could start selling a separate Express that's just for the Nintendo attractions, but that could also interfere with the Express times that people could have bought previously. From what I can tell, you are given specific times that you're only allowed to visit attractions with Express.

There's a lot I've had to do research on to get ready for my first trip there

I guess maybe they could start selling a separate Express that's just for the Nintendo attractions, but that could also interfere with the Express times that people could have bought previously. From what I can tell, you are given specific times that you're only allowed to visit attractions with Express.

There's a lot I've had to do research on to get ready for my first trip there

You’re correct in that Express comes with specific times there, and (in my experience) they won’t let you buy two with overlapping time periods even if it’d be possible to get from one to the other within the time window. But I would imagine for this people will just buy extra and forget the first ones (how would Uni even know if they’re bought separately) or they’ll be willing to bend the usual rule for this. No way they’re turning down the ¥¥¥.

not gonna lie... I’m just not feeling it. And I love Mario. I don’t know what it is, but the aesthetic doesn’t do it for me, at least in concept.

I actually agree. Underwhelmed with the concept art.

I think this land is really going to be dependent on kinetics to really blow our minds. I think it’s going to be great, but a still concept won’t be the best way to show it off.

My guess would be cheap disposable style ones like Joe mentioned could be free. Maybe they could offer purchasable ones that look like the scanbands from Jurassic World (rubber-coated slap bracelets).
Exactly. RFIDs can actually work in simple paper wristbands like you’d get in a concert. They cost practically nothing.

But do you think keeping a long term score would be incentive enough for people to go past the free ones and buy the purchasable bands?

But do you think keeping a long term score would be incentive enough for people to go past the free ones and buy the purchasable bands?
My bf is a serious gamer and I know secrets like him/more passionate than him, they’re very competitive. They’ll 100% buy this unless it’s ridiculous and like $40 or something but I highly doubt that anyways. I plan to purchase one

Both free and fancy ones could theoretically be tied to a single account. Maybe your park ticket to start, and then if you create an account through a site or app, your user account.

No idea how they would do it, but a single account could theoretically handle multiple RFIDs. Like my 5 magic bands, all linked to only my account.

EDIT: To prevent cheating maybe only allow one wristband to be active at a time. But that would still allow you to purchase multiple styles, yet only use one at a time in the land.

Both free and fancy ones could theoretically be tied to a single account. Maybe your park ticket to start, and then if you create an account through a site or app, your user account.

Similar to Tapu and App coordination (which was/is still a bit of a mess).

UOR’s IT could use some help. I’m not a huge fan of FP+, it’s ok. But at least the MDE system is built out and integrated very well. UOR should (hopefully) have something to compete with that by the time EU opens. One would hope, at least.

Similar to Tapu and App coordination (which was/is still a bit of a mess).

UOR’s IT could use some help. I’m not a huge fan of FP+, it’s ok. But at least the MDE system is built out and integrated very well. UOR should (hopefully) have something to compete with that by the time EU opens. One would hope, at least.
Orrrrrr...

You get a one-time use cheap disposable wristband every time you enter the park and you can go home and ADD the new stats to your old stats, explaining what Williams meant when he said take it home to your console and “build on it”.

That would put most of the tech work load on Nintendo for score keeping. And in the land stats would be temporary.

We really just don’t know yet what they have in mind. And it very well could be very different from region to region, depending on what each management wants, or what they see worked and didn’t on the lands before theirs.

Orrrrrr...

You get a one-time use cheap disposable wristband every time you enter the park and you can go home and ADD the new stats to your old stats, explaining what Williams meant when he said take it home to your console and “build on it”.

That would put most of the tech work load on Nintendo for score keeping. And in the land stats would be temporary.

We really just don’t know yet what they have in mind. And it very well could be very different from region to region, depending on what each management wants, or what they see worked and didn’t on the lands before theirs.

Perfect. Sorry, I didn’t mean they’d get bands like Tapu Tapu. Disposable would be much better. I was just speaking of the coordination between the two.

Japan certainly won’t be the indicator of what they’ll do at EU, which is still 4 years away. A whole lot can change and be tweaked by then.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. :toast:

Sure, i think we'll get a few tweaks to the existing park but it'll probably be like how Galaxy's Edge change from DL to HS. Just adapting it to a new environment.

Remember, Universal plans to open EU by 2023 which isn't too far away to build a new park as expansive as what we've seen so far. I'm sure they're going to want to make the most out of the R&D from japan to cut as much construction time as possible.

Sure, i think we'll get a few tweaks to the existing park but it'll probably be like how Galaxy's Edge change from DL to HS. Just adapting it to a new environment.

Remember, Universal plans to open EU by 2023 which isn't too far away to build a new park as expansive as what we've seen so far. I'm sure they're going to want to make the most out of the R&D from japan to cut as much construction time as possible.

You're forgetting how they're already adding an entire new subsection to the land in DK. I don't think the R&D matters too much here.

You're forgetting how they're already adding an entire new subsection to the land in DK. I don't think the R&D matters too much here.

Ok, but when Epic Universe opens, will DK be "entirely new" by then?

I mean, I think it's a guarantee that Nintendo will be a success in Japan, we know DK is already far into R&D thanks to the highly detailed models and testing footage that was leaked. It wouldn't be surprising if, following SNW's opening, USJ speeds DK through the pipeline and we see it open before EU by say, 2022?

Japan is a completely different world. Different guests, different culture.

You can plan on similar “hard goods”, as it were. But not “soft goods”.

Yukendoit moved from Osaka, so that may not be an answer. Part of me wishes we still had @Haru cover Osaka, as that'd be swell..

Japan is a completely different world. Different guests, different culture.

You can plan on similar “hard goods”, as it were. But not “soft goods”.

Allow me to argue that we might not see as much of a difference between the versions, when it comes to food (considering Hogsmeade kept the style of food for all the versions (and should keep it as it's style of food for Beijing)).

If it's different in domestic, then I'll be surprised.