Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

They would probably open the land without MK like Disney did SW:GE. Not ideal, but better than not opening it.

I would rather they do that than what Universal did with Jurassic World: The Ride and open a subpar ride.

And I do agree, my mind goes instantly to how outlets will chastise and criticize Universal on the decision.

I'd rather they delay the project and make sure everything works. Not just for MK, but if Yoshi has issues as-well. It could be a good way to make sure they have things at 100%.

Described to as visually working but not triggering the effects properly. It doesn't play well with the rest of the system.

Still worrisome 6 months out.
Sounds like timing or spacing is off, this was always a very ambitious design element I feel because of how advanced the tech is and just how many people are going to be using them everyday. It’s crazy tech my mind cannot even wrap around.

I do fear Comcast might really push for an opening again a la Jurassic World. This is a much bigger scale, if it must not open with Mario Kart then it must not. That’d stink though, the Yoshi ride sounds so cute and I think I’ll just naturally love it but for the inevitable people who will compare this to SW:GE not opening with Rise (amongst the theme park community at least), I’d say Yoshi is likely not Smuggler’s Run. Haven’t been on either, but, I think we’d all likely agree. But, who knows. Hoping for the best for Mario Kart, I’m sure they’ll be working non stop on it.

Again, could be naive thinking, but if Mario Kart gets reviews like Rise is getting, aka Best Ride in the world type praise, why wouldn't they use the Olympics as a platform to show off their work?

Stop thinking of this in fan terms, there's no reason for Universal to advertise Mario Kart to the USA in any major capacity since it's in Japan. Same reason why Disney doesn't advertise the Japan parks in the USA.

Stop thinking of this in fan terms, there's no reason for Universal to advertise Mario Kart to the USA in any major capacity since it's in Japan. Same reason why Disney doesn't advertise the Japan parks in the USA.
I mean I don’t expect any major capacity. They’ve already said it’s going to Orlando, they could just say that again and say it’s “in the near future” so people stay engaged with Universal theme parks.

You’re probably right however. I’d just think if successful Comcast would really want to adversite the hell out of this thing since this could be their next major hit. Comcast have been investing the parks more anyways.

So they're plan is for a May opening then it seems. Not shocking but nice to know a date. Do you get the sense at all they'd open without MK if necessary or did you not talk that far into it?
I have no idea what their contingency plan is.
The only date they have given is "2020". But they want the land open before July when the Olympics start. But I feel they won't announce a firm date until they have the issues worked out. They may just hold off until later in the year if they can't. Or open the land in early summer without MK.

I have no idea what their contingency plan is.
The only date they have given is "2020". But they want the land open before July when the Olympics start. But I feel they won't announce a firm date until they have the issues worked out. They may just hold off until later in the year if they can't. Or open the land in early summer without MK.
Fair enough, didn’t know if you were told their target was May specifically

Smart of them not to be specific with the opening date.

Another thing, not sure where they got this schematic of the park (and could be old) but I can make out:
Entrance path and courtyard, MK, Yoshi ride show scene building and... what looks like a Donkey Kong land outline with coaster.

Top center-left just above the outline of Waterworld:

Probs when they do the land details and announce the opening date. I think Universal did the whole Diagon reveal in Feb 2014?

Are you familiar with how Osaka does their announcements? Is it the same as domestic regarding timing of the concept art, opening dates, etc? @Brian G. ?

Another thing, not sure where they got this schematic of the park (and could be old) but I can make out:
Entrance path and courtyard, MK, Yoshi ride show scene building and... what looks like a Donkey Kong land outline with coaster.

Seems like Donkey Kong might come sooner than I thought. Maybe 2021/22?

I'm not seeing what you are, that's Potter. Nintendo is the plot of land directly above Waterworld.

Google Maps

Are you familiar with how Osaka does their announcements? Is it the same as domestic regarding timing of the concept art, opening dates, etc? @Brian G. ?

Not really I'm taking an educated guess. Lets look at Potter in 2014, opening for July was announced in April.

WWoHP coming to USJ in 2014 | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

I'm not seeing what you are, that's Potter. Nintendo is the plot of land directly above Waterworld.

Google Maps

Not really I'm taking an educated guess. Lets look at Potter in 2014, opening for July was announced in April.

WWoHP coming to USJ in 2014 | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums
IMG-20200107-195656-2.jpg