WWoHP coming to USJ in 2014 | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

WWoHP coming to USJ in 2014

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
harry-potter-universal-studios-japan-8.jpg

This is horrible. Kind of funny though.

WHOA! Thanks for posting the picture! :thumbs: A lot of visible progress there on Hogwarts and Hogsmeade to its right! Does their show building seem bigger than ours, or am I seeing things wrong?

Everything looks to be the same to me so far.

Since you like, here are more. lol

harry-potter-universal-studios-japan-7.jpg

harry-potter-universal-studios-japan-9.jpg

harry-potter-universal-studios-japan-11.jpg

harry-potter-universal-studios-japan-10.jpg

Last edited:
Someone linked to this video on Twitter today. The video was actually posted over a month ago, so there should be more done by now, but it's still a pretty great watch:

[video=youtube;scXegWtE_Iw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scXegWtE_Iw[/video]

This skyline looks so wrong....

harry-potter-universal-studios-japan-8.jpg

That's not a skyline anybody gets to see. It actually blends with the actual park's skyline quite well. Granted, there are some pictures I got of places in the park you can see it, and they're a doozy, but I digress. That's at the very back of the park where your average bear isn't, and what you see in the background is Citywalk and the hotels. As of last week, Hogwarts was complete on the outside at least.

HTF: Are we getting a a Great Hall INSTEAD of 3B or are we getting a smaller 3B and larger Great Hall?

Not a 100% on this but I'm pretty sure HW and Japan are getting both. No idea on sizes or footprints though.

Sounds great! :thumbs:

From Jim Hill Media today, a few more details about the Japan version:

"There's a version of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter that's nearing completion at Universal Studios Japan (In fact, Thierry Coup will be flying over to Osaka later this month. Where he'll then spend ten days straight riding that theme park's version of "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey" as Thierry fine-tunes this high tech thrill ride)."

"But what's great about all of these other Harry Potter-themed things that are going into Osaka & Hollywood is that they're all going to have their own unique elements. Things that you can only see & experience if you go to that specific theme park," Coup concluded."

Sounds like the Japanese WWoHP is nearing completion!

Announced today that it will be opening July 15th, 2014. And the website is live:
http://www.usj.co.jp/harrypotter/
Under places, it lists Gladrags, Wiseacre's and Zonko's as additional shops to Orlando's Hogsmead; presumably in place to capitalize on the merchandise of Diagon Alley in an area without a Diagon Alley. If I had to bet, I'd say USH will see much of the same. No Dragon Challenge of course, but no mention of a Great Hall restaurant either. :(

Reactions: Skubersky
Hmmm...does anyone think it's weird that the Great Hall doesn't seem to be a big push when Universal makes these duplicates? When the general public thinks of a Harry Potter theme park, I would imagine that they think of going inside the Great Hall. Maybe it's too difficult for them to handle? Capacity Issues? Technological Issues? I feel like there would be a thread for this....

Hmmm...does anyone think it's weird that the Great Hall doesn't seem to be a big push when Universal makes these duplicates? When the general public thinks of a Harry Potter theme park, I would imagine that they think of going inside the Great Hall. Maybe it's too difficult for them to handle? Capacity Issues? Technological Issues? I feel like there would be a thread for this....

I mean WWOHP 1.0 wasn't exactly a retrofit either. They could have made room for it somewhere if they really wanted to. I'm sure it was something considered but never got off the ground.

Wow, I love the location of Ollivanders in Japan. I cannot see why they couldn't reconfigure a similar solution in Orlando, except for the fact that the mega Ollivanders is about to open in Diagon and there is no need for the expense.

That said, I wish they would do away with the neep altogether and turn the whole thing into a shop... would be great if it became puddingfeet's tea shop (sp?LOL) with an entrance on the main st and an exit out onto the Hogwarts mall near the JP bridge. Sell the fruit and water elsewhere. Yeeesh, who eats an apple or banana at a theme park?