Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WWoHP coming to USJ in 2014

Pics of JK Rowling getting a tour of the Japan park:
jk-rowling-wizarding-world-japan-1.jpg

jk-rowling-wizarding-world-japan-3.jpg

jk-rowling-wizarding-world-japan-2.jpg

Many of the news outlets have reported that Japan's version will have live owls...I wonder how those will be incorporated.

A side-by-side comparison of FJ, Japan vs Florida. I can't see a single difference. Even single strobes fire at the same time. It certainly isn't 3D.

[video=youtube_share;6igr4PZGDTs]http://youtu.be/6igr4PZGDTs[/video]

Last edited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF0HX_IUCwA

Here's a good walk thru. Unique things or altered things I see include

-The stonehenge like rock formation at the entrance.

-The Weasley car is located in the forest walk approaching the land.

-Instead of the bridge connecting to Jurassic Park in the IOA version in the middle of the land, the Japan version has a low to the water pier for a photo op.

-Guy brings live owls out every once in a while in the Owlery. Cool.

-Olivander's and Wisacres take over the end block of the left side, not exactly sure what is in place of Olivander's old spot.

-Black lake; very cool and a lovely photo op.

-The castle is extended on the right to cover up the show building.

-I see no evidence that you can walk inside the Hogwarts Express.

I think that's all.

Congrats to USJ! :cheers: It looks very, very nice! And is their Hogsmeade maybe even a bit more spacious than ours?

Nice! And there's a second part to it HERE! :thumbs: The translation I'm getting from Google is pretty atrocious but the pics are cool!

Hopefully, as time goes by, more videos and pictures will make their way onto the Internet. I'm curious to see more of the new layout and the inside of their shops! For now, here's another video with pictures:

[video=youtube;iF-frco1S1c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF-frco1S1c[/video]

They also have the same shows we have here in Hogsmeade: The Frog Choir and the Tri-Wizard Spirit Rally.

It seems like they used a lot of things they learned from the original and improved on them in Japan. The Hollywood version will probably end up being even better, but at least we get Diagon Alley.

They fixed the show building problems that Florida has, but managed to have a whole other exposed section on the opposite end.

*sigh*

Did anyone else think it was a bit goofy that the Ambassador to the United States, Caroline Kennedy attended the GO for this and was present on the stage? What does she or the USA have to do with Potter? An explanation of Warner Bros doesn't cut it.

We have a staircase in the one in IOA. I dont think alot of people get to see it however. Ive only been up it while in my snape cosplay.

IoA's ExpressPass queue has stairs, the 'standby' queue doesn't.

Did anyone else think it was a bit goofy that the Ambassador to the United States, Caroline Kennedy attended the GO for this and was present on the stage? What does she or the USA have to do with Potter? An explanation of Warner Bros doesn't cut it.

She likes Harry Potter? Universal is an American company?