Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

It is interesting to see that the Mario Kart building is honestly the size of the land. Man that ride is gonna be massive lol.

Plus Osaka is already bigger than Hollywood since it has the Yoshii section. Then when it expands into the expansion plot it will be a bit bigger.

Changed my Spring USJ plans to Fall for this ride. I need to ride this and um.. Jaws. lol

This article from CNBC is saying that the budget for the land is $432 Million. That seems low to me.

Super Nintendo World is coming to Universal Studios Japan by 2020 and will cost $432 million
Doesn’t seem low for me. All things considered, there is nothing ground breaking about this land (except for the AR, if they can get it to work consistently, which I have heard vey not promising things on). Almost all of the exterior scenic is easy, standard shapes. Yoshi is very basic, and Mario Kart, while elaborating, is still relatively simple. This is definitely a “whole is greater than sum of parts” situation. Especially considering nostalgia’s role.

This article from CNBC is saying that the budget for the land is $432 Million. That seems low to me.

Super Nintendo World is coming to Universal Studios Japan by 2020 and will cost $432 million
How much did Diagon cost?

Also, is cost effected by the company they’re working with? Like, is Warner Bros and Potter more expensive than Nintendo? Not sure how the business side of these things work once you acquire the theme park rights to them, where all the $ comes from, etc.

From LCA, we have now a better look at the Yoshi figure as Bowser's Castle begins getting it's work.

From LCA, we have now a better look at the Yoshi figure as Bowser's Castle begins getting it's work.

Wat? I thought that Nintendo World would be reported to be open for Spring instead of Summer.

Wat? I thought that Nintendo World would be reported to be open for Spring instead of Summer.

That’s what Tom Williams said back in September, but I guess they ran into some construction issues. I had really hoped that I would get to see the land on my June trip, but it’s looking less and less likely.