Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nothing Disney has done has grabbed the attention of millennials? :eek:O:

Who do you think has been responsible for the record attendance numbers and profits?

Which means you aren’t a millennial. You’re Gen Z or iGen.
As an actual Millenial, I've bought into the Disney model of brainwashing kids at a young age to be loyal. It wasn't until I worked for Disney that I found out it was an evil money grubbing coorporation that treats it's cast members like an expendable resource and is becoming an out of control monopoly that will hamper the entertainment business for years to come.

But that's off topic, SNW looks really cool.

Nothing Disney has done has grabbed the attention of millennials? :eek:O:

Who do you think has been responsible for the record attendance numbers and profits?

Which means you aren’t a millennial. You’re Gen Z or iGen.
I guess that’s technically accurate. I frankly carry myself much more as a millennial, all my friends are older than me, so I’m not talking to a younger group of people.

And yes, in terms of buzz, social media posting, and genera talking points, no one my age is discussing Pandora or New Fantasyland. I never said Disney was dead or wasn’t doing well, their parks for the last decade or so until recently hasn’t sparked the love or the attention that the Universal parks have. Not speaking from my Universal bias either.

I just realised I won't be able to jump and hit the box from my EV. I wonder if they make up for that by adding something for us in the queue area's for guests with special needs. At least the video didn't show any disabled person and that made me check the internet and it's clearly a cultural thing as this is what I found (it's shocking):
From the 1940s to 1996, Japan's government sterilised people with a mental illness or disability because it deemed them "inferior". ... A belief that all disabled people should be euthanized led to a stabbing spree at a disabled care home in 2016. It was Japan's worst mass killing since world war two.

This disturbing fact aside, if Universal can pull this whole play thing off it would be, again, a game changer (pun intended). I have no doubt that, with the power of Nintendo behind them, they will succeed.
There should be dozens of brick blocks that will be ADA accessible in Super Nintendo World from what I’ve heard.

I mean, wheelchairs aside, they also need ones lower to the ground for children anyway, so it’s a win/win. Kind of surprised they didn’t mention that and only showed one block that’s so high off the ground as an example to be honest.

Reactions: tielo
There should be dozens of brick blocks that will be ADA accessible in Super Nintendo World from what I’ve heard.

I mean, wheelchairs aside, they also need ones lower to the ground for children anyway, so it’s a win/win. Kind of surprised they didn’t mention that and only showed one block that’s so high off the ground as an example to be honest.
Indeed, well I clearly don't have kids so I missed that, but a child also wouldn't be capable to hit that square. Now you mention it the main focus is young adults. We must not forget this is made for one specific country with its own culture (for better or worse). I'm looking forward how they going to target the US market.

Indeed, well I clearly don't have kids so I missed that, but a child also wouldn't be capable to hit that square. Now you mention it the main focus is young adults. We must not forget this is made for one specific country with its own culture (for better or worse). I'm looking forward how they going to target the US market.
The plans for all of the lands were designed by the same team, and our land in Orlando will likely match very much of the land in Japan. Design once, build 4 times (or rather, 3.5 times, sorry Hollywood).

Reactions: SailwiththeTide
The plans for all of the lands were designed by the same team, and our land in Orlando will likely match very much of the land in Japan. Design once, build 4 times (or rather, 3.5 times, sorry Hollywood).
I meant how they present it in a commercial to the US market.
But indeed I expect it to be 3,5 times the same land probably with some little differences and a nice extransion in Orlando.

Reactions: Alicia
Theme Park Insider, one of the major viewing theme park sites, had a report/article on this announcement/commercial today. I was surprised how very little response it received. Perhaps the commercial was too off kilter for the USA theme park general public. It will be interesting to see how Universal advertises this for the Hollywood park opening next year.

Dude:

So when it's confirmed then it's bad now? Also why are the Disney comparisons ok when it's towards Universal way but not the other way around? Isn't that your whole thing?

-----

"We Are Born to Play" is currently trending #18 on YouTube, FYI.

I was replying to a post that was comparing it to Disney, so I offered a counter arguement. I am just as excited for this land then anything (if not more) that Disney has down the pipeline. I’m not being out of line, I’m being realistic. I don’t think merch will surpass Potter...but to be fair I don’t think anything can.

After watching the video presentation and rewatching the music video, my original criticisms have quelled a bit.
I’m chomping at the bit for more info though.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Andysol
I was replying to a post that was comparing it to Disney, so I offered a counter arguement. I am just as excited for this land then anything (if not more) that Disney has down the pipeline. I’m not being out of line, I’m being realistic. I don’t think merch will surpass Potter...but to be fair I don’t think anything can.

After watching the video presentation and rewatching the music video, my original criticisms have quelled a bit.
I’m chomping at the bit for more info though.
[/QUOTE]
Which is exactly how they want you to feel after last night haha. I went in hoping for a lot last night but it got my appetite for some new stuff settled a bit. As I believe others have said, now we should be expecting more news to come. This was just the intro and a pretty damn good one at that

Reactions: rhino4evr
Which is exactly how they want you to feel after last night haha. I went in hoping for a lot last night but it got my appetite for some new stuff settled a bit. As I believe others have said, now we should be expecting more news to come. This was just the intro and a pretty damn good one at that
[/QUOTE]

agreed. it was a nice way to announce the park. Not only was it picking up media from videogame and theme park sites, but also music sites. Overall a home run for marketing on getting it out there.
I should be used to UOR marketing approach by now, always saving the finer details until the last possible minute!!!

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Tbh, i'm a bit surprised we didn't get an announcement of the ride names. Surely that has to be coming soon.

DK is vapor ware. Japan is not building it and lets see if it stays at EU.
I mean I personally have no info on this, but I think its believed DK is going to Japan and Epic Universe. Not sure about anywhere else but its in the permits filed for EU. The expansion space available in Japan also fits the DK area perfectly.

Reactions: Mike S
I mean I personally have no info on this, but I think its believed DK is going to Japan and Epic Universe. Not sure about anywhere else but its in the permits filed for EU. The expansion space available in Japan also fits the DK area perfectly.
I still think it *could* go to Hollywood too, but it would involve them reclaiming more studio space and turning it into theme park use. That's not completely out of the question, but it certainly provides a much larger hurdle.

Reactions: Jamesh22 and Alicia
I still think it *could* go to Hollywood too, but it would involve them reclaiming more studio space and turning it into theme park use. That's not completely out of the question, but it certainly provides a much larger hurdle.
Idk USH as well as others do so correct me if I'm wrong, but id think they'd want to save that studio space incase they build a 2nd park. Isn't it true even more studio space will be taken if a 2nd gate were to happen? So they may need to save some of that studio space behind SNW. Just a thought though. I still hope that Orlando is the fist to receive DK though as that would make it stand out a bit more at opening.

Does anybody also has flashbacks to the announcement of the first Wizarding World? It seems that some news outlets picture this "world" as a separate park.

Translated form the large dutch news site nu.nl: "The Super Nintendo World amusement park in the Japanese city of Osaka should become a life-sized video game".
Link: nintendo-pretpark-in-japan-moet-een-levensgrote-videogame-worden

While I don't think it would cause much problems, no doubt the use of the word "world" for a land causes confusion. More work to do for Universals PR teams!

BTW: Hi all! After almost 10 (!) years of lurking I decided to post my first comment :)