Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

Does anybody also has flashbacks to the announcement of the first Wizarding World? It seems that some news outlets picture this "world" as a separate park.

Translated form the large dutch news site nu.nl: "The Super Nintendo World amusement park in the Japanese city of Osaka should become a life-sized video game".
Link: nintendo-pretpark-in-japan-moet-een-levensgrote-videogame-worden

While I don't think it would cause much problems, no doubt the use of the word "world" for a land causes confusion. More work to do for Universals PR teams!

BTW: Hi all! After almost 10 (!) years of lurking I decided to post my first comment :)
Welcome to the Forums.:thumbsup:

Does anybody also has flashbacks to the announcement of the first Wizarding World? It seems that some news outlets picture this "world" as a separate park.

Translated form the large dutch news site nu.nl: "The Super Nintendo World amusement park in the Japanese city of Osaka should become a life-sized video game".

While I don't think it would cause much problems, no doubt the use of the word "world" for a land causes confusion. More work to do for Universals PR teams!

BTW: Hi all! After almost 10 (!) years of lurking I decided to post my first comment :)
Welcome. :wave:

Welcome!! Happy to have you as a part of this awesome community.

I think this likely wont be a major issue, once people arrive they'll realize whats up, or realize their ticket to USJ also applies to SNW. Shouldn't be a major issue but we shall see. If it is, I'm sure they'll change their marketing tactics for the US opens of this land.

I can see the similarities to WWoHP and the use of the name "world" associating it as something to be its own park. That said, it certainly didn't hurt UOR w/ Hogsmeade. So even though you could see it as a "problem", it's a "problem" every park in existence would want.

I mean media has incorrectly deemed Toy Story Land, Galaxy’s Edge and Pandora as separate parks before too and they’ve been fine so I’m sure it’ll be ok. Also welcome!

Looks like a lot of AAs/Set pieces are covered on the Yoshi ride as well. Easily the best look we've gotten at it so far! Looks like a very cute family friendly ride.

I'd bet money on DK opening in Japan before, or at the same time as, Epic Universe - 2022 or Spring 2023.

Great aerial shot of Yoshi ride with ride vehicles on track.

Loving all these aerial pics! I'm curious what the bit I have highlighted in red is, looks like the area behind the Bowsers castle MK entrance will be part open air?
EOUvNf0UEAAAZat.jpg

I'd bet money on DK opening in Japan before, or at the same time as, Epic Universe - 2022 or Spring 2023.

Loving all these aerial pics! I'm curious what the bit I have highlighted in red is, looks like the area behind the Bowsers castle MK entrance will be part open air?
View attachment 11448
I noticed this too. My first thought was that it may be backstage area or an emergency exit. I can't imagine its outdoors unless that's Bowser's courtyard?

I noticed this too. My first thought was that it may be backstage area or an emergency exit. I can't imagine its outdoors unless that's Bowser's courtyard?

That's what I was thinking, it is directly behind Bowsers castle so whatever it is I think it's part of the queue/entrance.

That's what I was thinking, it is directly behind Bowsers castle so whatever it is I think it's part of the queue/entrance.
We may have found our answer! The courtyard is rumored to be part of the queue so we really may not be far off. If not I think its just an emergency exit/backstage stuff. The gift shop is also right there on the right side of it.

Even better pic below!

I'm spotting grass in the public areas and what looks like Piranha plants wrapped in blue plastic?
View attachment 11449
Credit @pana99nico
wow wow WOW!!! Stellar picture! And that is 100% Piranha Plants, ah!! My geeky heart can't contain my excitement for all this!!! Also that 100% has to be Bowser's Courtyard, it makes no sense for there to be a random opening in the building if that isn't the case. Especially looking at it from this standpoint.