Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

It's gotta be Pokemon, right? Or Zelda? Where else would they put them?
Can’t imagine we get anything else Nintendo until DK is put into SNW. Wouldn’t shock me if they went for Hagrid’s here. Already a big coaster park and Hagrid’s is one of the most unique and best coasters on the planet. Idk the park well enough to know for future expansion but like I said, DK’s gotta come first.

Can’t imagine we get anything else Nintendo until DK is put into SNW. Wouldn’t shock me if they went for Hagrid’s here. Already a big coaster park and Hagrid’s is one of the most unique and best coasters on the planet. Idk the park well enough to know for future expansion but like I said, DK’s gotta come first.

As it should, but putting Hagrid on the Jaws plot would waste the last major expansion pad they have. Pokemon probably isn't that far off, either.

I don’t think it’s safe to assume USJ will get DK nor Pokemon is “not that far off”. Remember that The Pokemon Company is not controlled by Nintendo, Universal would need to sell GF and Creatures.

I don’t think it’s safe to assume USJ will get DK nor Pokemon is “not that far off”. Remember that The Pokemon Company is not controlled by Nintendo, Universal would need to sell GF and Creatures.
If a Pokemon land happens though, it's probably (fairly) safe to assume Japan gets it first.

What else would the DK plot house then? It's not big enough for a big show building, and DK doesn't have that.

Sounds to me like Pokemon is happening. Just not sure where yet.

Plot twist: The scope of Epic Universe expanded even more, and Pokemon will be there on opening day.

To me, the expansion plot next to SNW fits DK, PERFECTLY. Doesn't mean it will happen of course but to me thats the safest assumption id make.

Sounds to me like Pokemon is happening. Just not sure where yet.

OMG. She has spoken!!! If USH gets a 2nd gate this is a near lock in my opinion. Idk USJ well enough to know about this or where it could go (unless they'd tear down Waterworld and expand around that area. Waterworld theatre could turn into a Pokemon arena)

For Orlando, Kidzone.

That entrance plaza dead end... hmmm.... also RIP Jaws.

It is a bit but it's almost exactly the same as the Potter dead end/entrance so I'm sure they will make it work.

My ONLY fear for this land is how small it is. Id assume people had the same worries for Diagon and that clearly isn't a major issue. But still, can't help but notice that. Especially if (god forbid) the Yoshi line has to extend into the land at all. Awesome view of everything though! Each time I see it, that MK showbuilding gets me hyped purely based on its size.

I think it's the multi-level-ness (I'm making that a word!) that makes it feel smaller, but I agree it certainly looks small, especially for Universal's most visited park.

Nothing is ever guranteed I guess! but the schematic I posted a few pages back clearly showed the Donkey Kong buildings on it and they have built a jungle themed wall on the side of MK.
What I would say is fairly certain is that the SNW expansion spot will be filled before they even think about removing Jaws (If they ever do onsidering how popular it is)

I have always felt was its seen that SNW is a major financial success (which, I am thinking it will be) then Universal will green light any other Nintendo development right now, Pokemon, Zelda, DK, I can't imagine they don't want to capitalize on this as fast as possible. I mean hell, they're building 4 of these as we speak. I feel like thats gotta be unheard of in some capacity. I mean SWGE opened on both coasts and will go to Paris, but its not going anywhere else that we know of correct? So again, across 4 worldwide parks this is quite exciting and unprecedented.

I have always felt was its seen that SNW is a major financial success (which, I am thinking it will be) then Universal will green light any other Nintendo development right now, Pokemon, Zelda, DK, I can't imagine they don't want to capitalize on this as fast as possible. I mean hell, they're building 4 of these as we speak. I feel like thats gotta be unheard of in some capacity. I mean SWGE opened on both coasts and will go to Paris, but its not going anywhere else that we know of correct? So again, across 4 worldwide parks this is quite exciting and unprecedented.
Well. Disney's other 2 parks are in China, and Star Wars has never connected with the Chinese people. So no, SW:GE won't be going to China. Just like Nintendo won't go in Universal Beijing Resort. China and Japan have an ugly history.

Well. Disney's other 2 parks are in China, and Star Wars has never connected with the Chinese people. So no, SW:GE won't be going to China. Just like Nintendo won't go in Universal Beijing Resort. China and Japan have an ugly history.
Ya I guess thats very true. So really SWGE is the only comparison to Nintendo. I mean Hogsmeade's weren't even rolled out this quickly across the globe.

Nintendo is bringing the Switch and their games to China and apparently they’re already known over there through “non-official“ means so you can never say never regarding Nintendo for Beijing.

In an interview back in September, Tom Williams was asked about Nintendo going to Beijing and said “Any place we are not going to start round one is in Beijing. There is a tension between the Japanese products in China.”

I guess that leaves it open for later, since he said round one?

To think in just a couple of months the first SNW is opening after hearing about it for years now. It’s very exciting to see the progress Uni is making in rounding out the offerings for all their parks as well as increasing their commitment to make unforgettable experiences.
I still remember the time when the idea of Nintendo at a theme park was even announced and I remember my excitement bursting through the roof. And too think how far we’ve come since then is just incredible on its own as well.

If a Pokemon land happens though, it's probably (fairly) safe to assume Japan gets it first.

Probably but there's a lot of assumptions here thinking it's a done deal. The people who need to approve all Pokemon things are NOT Nintendo. While Nintendo can help smooth out the roadblocks to having these discussions the final deals and partnerships will be with The Pokemon Company. So we shouldn't assume Pokemon is to become part of Super Nintendo World proper or other things just yet. It's just as likely they'll string around Universal longer or ask for them put Pokemon far away from SNW (see Hogsmeade and Diagon) or want it separate from the Power Up Band integration.

Probably but there's a lot of assumptions here thinking it's a done deal. The people who need to approve all Pokemon things are NOT Nintendo. While Nintendo can help smooth out the roadblocks to having these discussions the final deals and partnerships will be with The Pokemon Company. So we shouldn't assume Pokemon is to become part of Super Nintendo World proper or other things just yet. It's just as likely they'll string around Universal longer or ask for them put Pokemon far away from SNW (see Hogsmeade and Diagon) or want it separate from the Power Up Band integration.
Why use the Power Up Bands we already own when they can sell us a Pokédex?