Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 112 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm kind of worried about the queue. I wonder how hard its going to be when people want to bale and get the heck out of there. The middle part of it looks kind of barren and unfun to wait in. Looks like a literal warehouse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brandonshah97
Meh. It’s a queue. Hagrid’s queue isn’t anything to write home about and people waited in it for 10 hours
Yeah, this is super fair. That ride is total bliss and this probably will too, so it'll be fine.

I do know for a fact though that I'll be riding this alone when it comes to Hollywood. The family can't take queues like this, haha.

Reactions: Brandonshah97
Meh. It’s a queue. Hagrid’s queue isn’t anything to write home about and people waited in it for 10 hours
Besides the one-off nature of the 10-hour wait, Hagrid's indoor queue is only designed to hold about 45-60 minutes of people when the ride is running properly. A better comp would be the Gringott’s overflow, which to be fair is pretty terrible when full.

That Mario queue isn’t great, but it’s kind of unavoidable if you expect 3-4 hour waits and don’t want it to back up into the land.

Reactions: Pacific
I mean this is with reduced, ticketed capacity. I reallyyyy feeel this was made too tight but maybe I have no reason to worry cause everyone will literally be inside MK. Add in the potential small theatre, and DK then things are fine but without those, tight.

Also, Princess Peach!!!
So Peach is confirmed to be a masked character, eh? I kinda saw this coming for USJ. XP

Besides the one-off nature of the 10-hour wait, Hagrid's indoor queue is only designed to hold about 45-60 minutes of people when the ride is running properly. A better comp would be the Gringott’s overflow, which to be fair is pretty terrible when full.

That Mario queue isn’t great, but it’s kind of unavoidable if you expect 3-4 hour waits and don’t want it to back up into the land.
I mean, outside of the big lobby, Gringotts interior queue ain’t all that great either.

Reactions: Pacific
The queue reminds me of Universal's E-ticket queues from the early 1990s, like the Jaws boathouse or Kongfrontation's subway station.

I don't think that's a bad thing in any way, just a bit of a departure from the types of queues they've built more recently.
It reminds me a lot of Hagrid's, Skull Island and Fast and Furious. Which were very recent.

I'd say it's better themed than JAWS. And it doesn't rely on TV station queue loops the way the 1990s rides did. More about setting the mood and telling the beginning of the story than a themed setting with a TV station playing.

It reminds me a lot of Hagrid's, Skull Island and Fast and Furious. Which were very recent.

I'd say it's better themed than JAWS. And it doesn't rely on TV station queue loops the way the 1990s rides did. More about setting the mood and telling the beginning of the story than a themed setting with a TV station playing.

Skull Island's got the one major switchback room with the witch, but other than that, it's a pretty linear journey through winding tunnels once we're in the showbuilding.

F&F, I'll be honest, I have no real memory of anything in that queue prior to the preshows, because there was no wait and we walked right through. And I've only done it once!

I also don't recall many switchback areas in Hagrid's, but again, we essentially walked right through nonstop until the load area, so I'll concede there could have been stufff that I missed because it wasn't being put into use that early in the day.

Reactions: Pacific and Alicia
Skull Island's got the one major switchback room with the witch, but other than that, it's a pretty linear journey through winding tunnels once we're in the showbuilding.

F&F, I'll be honest, I have no real memory of anything in that queue prior to the preshows, because there was no wait and we walked right through. And I've only done it once!

I also don't recall many switchback areas in Hagrid's, but again, we essentially walked right through nonstop until the load area, so I'll concede there could have been stufff that I missed because it wasn't being put into use that early in the day.
So, you're speaking directly to large rooms of switchbacks? Yea not all new rides have them, but some still do, like Fast and Furious, and a couple areas for Hagrid, and yea, pretty much just the one room for Skull Island.

So, you're speaking directly to large rooms of switchbacks? Yea not all new rides have them, but some still do, like Fast and Furious, and a couple areas for Hagrid, and yea, pretty much just the one room for Skull Island.
I probably sound dumb but what exactly will this Mario Kart be like? Will it have practical sets or a virtual reality ride?

I probably sound dumb but what exactly will this Mario Kart be like? Will it have practical sets or a virtual reality ride?
Practical sets, some projections too, and Augmented Reality glasses, which is different from virtual reality. Augmented Reality adds additional things ON TOP OF real reality. So, you still see the real sets through the glasses, plus the extra power ups and shells being thrown probably, on top.

I've been describing it as a dark ride with both real sets and mixed media.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Alright, so my plan for everything was to skim through and not spoil myself except for Yoshi, but should the queue be an exception too? It's no RoTR where it's a ride upon itself and spoilers actually mattered?

Some interesting things I discovered while *virtually* in one of the massive switchback rooms.. There are 2 walls on either side of the switchbacks, one wall has 6 flags w each representing a member of team Mario (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Toad, Yoshi) and the other side of the wall has 8 flags w each representing a member of team Bowser including Bowser and his 7 Koopalings (Larry, Roy, Lemmy, Wendy, Iggy, Morton, Ludwig).. so I'm guessing that the reason there are 6 flags on team Mario and 8 on team Bowser is because we, the guests take up 2 carts on team Mario and complete the even 8 cart match.

So this could confirm that we will be throwing shells/items etc. at Bowser and his 7 Koopalings and not at each other...

I guess I was expecting more of a chaotic free for all Grand Prix style ride instead of a VS Battle

Some interesting things I discovered while *virtually* in one of the massive switchback rooms.. There are 2 walls on either side of the switchbacks, one wall has 6 flags w each representing a member of team Mario (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Toad, Yoshi) and the other side of the wall has 8 flags w each representing a member of team Bowser including Bowser and his 7 Koopalings (Larry, Roy, Lemmy, Wendy, Iggy, Morton, Ludwig).. so I'm guessing that the reason there are 6 flags on team Mario and 8 on team Bowser is because we, the guests take up 2 carts on team Mario and complete the even 8 cart match.

So this could confirm that we will be throwing shells/items etc. at Bowser and his 7 Koopalings and not at each other...

I guess I was expecting more of a chaotic free for all Grand Prix style ride instead of a VS Battle
The official art shows the riders throwing shells at the enemies so I think you're on the money. I think they did it that way so the plot could be easier to follow.