Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 167 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really don't know what to think on this. I am a little bit disappointed, although the physical sets look freaking outstanding.

This really seems like a ride that does NOT translate to POVs whatsoever.

• Angry
Reactions: queenmetroid
Strangely enough the partial POV we previously got of the ending did a better job of lining up the AR than this new one. The hand shaking and distance + angle of the phone filming it is distorting the image, plus it's set too far back from the goggles so we can see the edges with reality unfiltered on the left. In any case, it's still better than I was thinking we'd ever be able to get!

Looks like there's no occlusion/obscuring from the heads in the first row though. Which again, might not be as much of an issue for the human eye as it is for the camera placement here... But I'd love to see the ride's AR tech updated someday to automatically put objects *behind* foreground heads, front of the car, etc. It is something that the technology is working to improve overall right now, so maybe it could happen. Minor detail though, just found it interesting that it's not yet in use for this attraction, as far as I can tell.

Bit of a minor disappointment: I suppose it's less likely (not that it ever was likely) we'll see a Luigi's Mansion expansion given how perfectly the aesthetic is replicated within the ride and how similar a shooter-type Luigi's Mansion ride would be to MK.

EDIT: Seriously though, if that twisted hallway happens to be a screen, it's easily the best integration of screen and set I've ever seen. Which bodes well for Pets.

I definitely like watching the ride without the AR applied to the footage lol. Then again actually *being* on the ride I'm sure could be a very different feeling when it comes to whether I like the AR or not. Some people who have been on it said the ar felt kind of blurry.

I also feel like the ar gimmick is probably why the ride moves slow - so that it can track things easier. So it's like is the ar stuff going to feel worth sacrificing a thrilling faster experience? I hope so! The haunted /Twisted Mansion portion of the ride looks amazing though! The sets are so fun I feel like all the ar junk gets in the way of appreciating the actual craftsmanship of the ride. Again - in person this could feel very different.

Even in video form I can already tell this is much better than any attraction currently at any Universal park.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I’ve watched the walk around, the food, the merch, Yoshi, Boss Battle, and Mario Kart (AR only, I always expected it to look weird so I now totally get the picture), and my god it just seems perfect. Everything I was looking for and more!!! It’s nice knowing MK is still going to be a lot upon first experience but, well done Universal.

the MK queue is underrated, so many hidden gems, the book titles in the library are hysterical and cute, the entire thing just screams fun. I freaking loved it!!

so no theater under peach’s castle??? i know that was brought up a while back but haven’t seen anything that proves it exists

Honestly the actual land and overall experience itself is what impresses me most about this land. The food and merch too! The rides I don't really know yet, I have to be on them for final judgment - but the details and atmosphere in the land alone is what really stands out to me.

Lots of fun stuff I hadn't seen yet in this video, plus food reviews!

20 min wait for Mario Kart, lol.

EDIT: Unless this ride is really high capacity, but I don't expect to see that when it comes to California.
EDIT 2: Also, like a true legend, Bowser is a fan of the Dune series.

I expect none of the food to come here lol

i think some of it could. Like I could see the pizza bowl and mushroom soup maybe crossing over, but the vast majority of items are 100% aimed at a Japanese audience. Very similar to some menu items I’ve seen in TDR before.

I expect none of the food to come here lol
Not even the cute desserts? Surely us Americans would get the flagpole cake and power block tiramasu?
Yea, I think the popcorn, the desserts, the pizza bowl thing, and a pizza version of the koopa shell. But most of the main menu items in Toad's Cafe will be totally different