Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

So,

• 75 Characters
  • Ken (Echo)
  • Inceniroar
  • Piranha Plant (Free Limited-Time)
  • Spirits
  • World of Light (New Adventure Mode)
Smash Ultimate Main Theme: Lifelight

English

Japanese

Last edited:
Some thoughts, after I've contemplated things more..

• I somewhat hope they had one more character at the end, even if it was perhaps Piranha Plant at launch. But that, I congratulate Sakurai & his team immensely for the endeavor. Could they of planned things better in what get's announced? Yeah, probably. But that lineup is solid as hell.
  • Spirit's seems...a lot more intricate than I first thought. Thinking of it more, it seems much more like Fire Emblem Heroes, with the scope of Smash. I need to see it in action.
  • Not shocked of Ken, and I'm somewhat surprised of Inceniroar (not that I didn't think he was coming, but I would've thought they would hold Gen7 for DLC.
  • World of Light, looks amazing. Seems like they are doing a Fire Emblem with the world map, but taking a Smashing direction, in perhaps the best way.

Oh, and if there is anything to be thought of...

To be honest, I'm happy the leak is fake. Also most of the characters rumored were pretty much deconfirmed. EVERYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

How many characters do you actually need in a fighting game? It's become comical at this point.

Bummed about no Banjo. That’s one of my favorite games of all time. It’s unfortunate that franchise is stuck in limbo.

However, my hype for this has not died down. Looking forward to trying to master some of the newer guys like Ken and Simon. Adventure Mode looks great. I have to go get me a Pro controller before this releases

Bummed about no Banjo. That’s one of my favorite games of all time. It’s unfortunate that franchise is stuck in limbo.

However, my hype for this has not died down. Looking forward to trying to master some of the newer guys like Ken and Simon. Adventure Mode looks great. I have to go get me a Pro controller before this releases
Banjo would be a great DLC character. Don’t lose hope! :)

"...please try to stay on topic when replying to tweets and refrain from flooding us, and other users, with requests when we're not specifically asking for feedback."

Someone's clearly new to Twitter.

I mean, considering how the Smash Ballot went, and how the Smash community is on Twitter...can't you blame the creator for asking of something like that? Especially considering the effort of quality that the game is having, I would find it understandable.

My vibe with this, is that they are going to go with more..safer bets, while also having characters from future Nintendo games make the ballot (with some third party characters, of-course).

its amazing that the fan community is getting every smash character ever, plus weird fan requests like "Ridley" that was basically a meme or a joke, and yet they STILL aren't happy, and want more.

At this point I think there are too many characters in the roster. I find it almost impossible that all of these fighters are "well balanced".

I mean, considering how the Smash Ballot went, and how the Smash community is on Twitter...can't you blame the creator for asking of something like that? Especially considering the effort of quality that the game is having, I would find it understandable.

I totally get why they'd ask that, but this is just a classic case of peeing in the wind. People are never gonna stop requesting Smash characters and the creators will get better results talking to a brick wall.

its amazing that the fan community is getting every smash character ever, plus weird fan requests like "Ridley" that was basically a meme or a joke, and yet they STILL aren't happy, and want more.

At this point I think there are too many characters in the roster. I find it almost impossible that all of these fighters are "well balanced".
Just playing devil’s advocate, maybe there are people that didn’t care much for the announced fan favorites. Only ones that really got me personally were Ridley, Dark Samus, and K. Rool for instance. I would like to see Geno like many others. As long as people are only asking rather than attacking I don’t see a problem.

Just playing devil’s advocate, maybe there are people that didn’t care much for the announced fan favorites. Only ones that really got me personally were Ridley, Dark Samus, and K. Rool for instance. I would like to see Geno like many others. As long as people are only asking rather than attacking I don’t see a problem.

I think Geno is an acceptable request, although it’s not a well known character at all. Not that that’s stopped them in the past.

Those folks crying about Banjo or any other character owned by a major console competitor are fooling themselves.

I think Geno is an acceptable request, although it’s not a well known character at all. Not that that’s stopped them in the past.

Those folks crying about Banjo or any other character owned by a major console competitor are fooling themselves.
Of all the “impossible” characters Banjo is still the most likely. Of all the competitors a deal of that kind between Nintendo and Microsoft would be the least surprising, especially if it extends to the proverbial N64 Classic and Microsoft gets a cut of profits for having their games on it. Any deal can be made if the price is right. Of course this doesn’t mean it will happen, I just don’t think it’s an outright no. At least in public these companies seem very friendly to one another.

I'd just like to point out, that Smash Ultimate now has every major Third Party JP company that isn't Sony in the game?

Capcom - Mega Man, Ken/Ryu, Rathalos
Bandai Namco - Pac Man, Galaga, E.T.C.
Square Enix - Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy), Geno (Super Mario RPG [Spirit])
SEGA - Sonic
Konami - Snake, Simon/Richter (Castlevania)
ATLUS Ltd. - Joker/Ren (Persona), Tsubasa (Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE [Spirit])
Platinum Games - Bayonetta