Super Smash Bros. Ultimate | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sakurai's face when the trailer ends, is all that there is to be said. But if I must, then I will say this:

The fighter's pass has brought some amazing characters into the series. So I'm actually kind-of glad that they didn't end with a bang. That way, it sets the ground of that we can't just expect big things for the next go-around. Could they of done things differently, to have Byleth come in as the fourth and then Terry last? Perhaps. But I'm actually pretty content with the inclusion of the character (and that, it's a Fire Emblem character that isn't just a swords-wielder).

Definitely interested to see where they go from here, especially as the 6 fighters will probably mean that we'll see three for this year, and three for the next. That would actually make sense, and I think that's great; as it'll allow Sakurai and his team to take the time needed to make the characters perfect, without having to over-exhaust themselves.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
My biggest problem was that at one point - this WAS the final fighter. Imagine Sakurai didn't want to push his limit (bless his soul) and just ended it with another FE character? I'm not mad, I'm disappointed because of this reason. There's so much other first party characters to choose from that IMO could have been wonderful additions. At least its out of the way and we don't have to look forward to any more FE characters. I'm happy that the rest of the fighters pack was rich in variety and play style at least.

It was cool seeing a Cuphead Mii fighter costume. With Fire Emblem I’m kinda hoping they could at least include a sword wielding Fire Emblem Villain.

I like it. Wasn't with it at first but she's very unique. I'll still wait for the second fighter to fully purchase as a bundle but still exciting nonetheless.

Ironically she started out as a spirit. Hopefully that means Shantae could be playable.

I was thinking that.

With Min-Min now part of the roster, spirits featured in the game prior are now on the table, so it really depends on if we may see Shantae in this go-about. Especially considering how large the train has been for wanting her inclusion.

That could also mean for other characters heavily requested, like Rayman..

..Oh, and also: Fallout, is in Smash.

Not an Arms fan really, but Min Min seems like as good of a pick as any. I'll definitely play her from time to time.

I'm just glad she debunks the Spirit "rule" and the presentation heavily weighs against the Assist Trophy "rule" about who can and can't get in. After Banjo, K. Rool, Ridley, Joker, Sans, Cloud Strife, and a Piranha Plant have gotten in you'd think people would just accept that anything is possible at this point. But no, Geno is a spirit and Waluigi is an Assist Trophy. There's no way they could possibly get in. :rolleyes:

Not an Arms fan really, but Min Min seems like as good of a pick as any. I'll definitely play her from time to time.

I'm just glad she debunks the Spirit "rule" and the presentation heavily weighs against the Assist Trophy "rule" about who can and can't get in. After Banjo, K. Rool, Ridley, Joker, Sans, Cloud Strife, and a Piranha Plant have gotten in you'd think people would just accept that anything is possible at this point. But no, Geno is a spirit and Waluigi is an Assist Trophy. There's no way they could possibly get in. :rolleyes:

Geno is still the question, as I have..doubts that he may get in. Not for the reason of cost--but if Square get's another slot or two, I don't think it's for an older property in a sense.

As far as Waluigi--Spring Man comes to mind really quick to where we probably shouldn't expect it for Ultimate.

The possible candidates for smash from Square Enix would be Neku from the world ends with you, main protagonist of Trial of Mana, and Lara Croft from the Tomb Raider series.

The possible candidates for smash from Square Enix would be Neku from the world ends with you, main protagonist of Trial of Mana, and Lara Croft from the Tomb Raider series.

Honestly--I've been of the mindset of two other choices.

Genos. Or 2B.

I have a hard time seeing how Sora could work as in the end of the day--it's a Disney IP, not Square's. And they'd have to go into the legal red tape to handle that, even if one side wants it. And Geno's would make a lot of sense in the terms of that outside of Banjo+Kazooie..there really isn't another fighter like Geno's in the request.

And as far as 2B...a handful of things. One, Nier's 10th year anniversary, Yoko Taro being an absolute madman, and more. I think if there's any other reason for why 2B would make it to Smash..it'd be because of Sakurai and Yoko Taro if they've spoken on a handful of circumstances. And before people say it wouldn't work due to her design~~Bayonetta slams the door open real quick. Plus, they'd have relationship already with Platinum thanks to Bayo, so it'd be easy to work with the groups to make it possible.

Sorry for the double post, but since you brought up Bayonetta another Capcom character for Smash would be Morrigan Aensland from the Darkstalkers series.

Is Nier on the Switch?

As of the moment, neither Nier Automata, nor Nier Replicant, are on Nintendo Switch. However, take note that it does not automatically mean that it's debunked. The mainline Persona 5 has not been released on Nintendo Switch, as P5S is still in Foreign Markets--but they were able to get Joker into Smash before P5S's release by almost a year.

Sorry for the double post, but since you brought up Bayonetta another Capcom character for Smash would be Morrigan Aensland from the Darkstalkers series.

Bayonetta is not from Capcom actually!

The original Bayonetta was released by SEGA and developed by Platinum Games, as Bayonetta 2 (and presumably 3) are published by both SEGA and Nintendo (for at-least the Wii U and Switch versions of Bayo 1/2).

As of the moment, neither Nier Automata, nor Nier Replicant, are on Nintendo Switch. However, take note that it does not automatically mean that it's debunked. The mainline Persona 5 has not been released on Nintendo Switch, as P5S is still in Foreign Markets--but they were able to get Joker into Smash before P5S's release by almost a year.

The original Bayonetta was released by SEGA and developed by Platinum Games, as Bayonetta 2 (and presumably 3) are published by both SEGA and Nintendo (for at-least the Wii U and Switch versions of Bayo 1/2).
2 & 3 are solely published by Nintendo. SEGA dropped the series after the first one didn’t do so hot. If Nintendo didn’t pick it up the sequels would’ve never happened.

You mention earlier of Bayonetta slamming the door which is why I brought up Morrigan.