Superman (DCU) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Superman (DCU)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Really preferred the rumor of Glenn Howerton as Lex. Maybe he’ll play Braniac?
I'm guessing Gunn is going the Smallville childhood friends route since they were specifically looking for Lexs in the same age range as Clark.

I don't think Brainaic is the right role clr Howerton. Brainaic is more chill/calm guy while Glenn would shine more in more unstable role like Reverse-Flash/Thawne

Gunn has also been on Twitter saying the rumors about this movie being about middle east wars is not true

I don't think Brainaic is the right role clr Howerton. Brainaic is more chill/calm guy while Glenn would shine more in more unstable role like Reverse-Flash/Thawne
This is now who Braniac is at all lol. He’s arrogant and mad over his own intellect, often tripping over his perfectionism while maintaining a serious demeanor. I think Howerton would be perfect, but to each their own.

Gunn has been making great casting decisions so far ... both for the stars of this movie and the other characters who will help build the universe / set up their future appearances.

Very hyped for this movie.

Gunn has been making great casting decisions so far ... both for the stars of this movie and the other characters who will help build the universe / set up their future appearances.

Very hyped for this movie.
I would have to say his casting choices have been close to perfect, hopefully the writing and movie itself comes out the same

Reactions: chris.g and Ahmanet
What fascinates me here is that this seems to be an overall deal, like a Thanos type casting.

With Maxwell cast, and us only really needing to find out who plays Booster Gold; it seems like the DCU is going to take itself into that of a direction not far off from the Justice League International line of comics for a universe tone. Something that allows variety, but also the ability to have someone onboard for the long term.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Using Lord this quickly is definitely surprising though based on James casting his brother, I'm guessing it'll be the orginal version of Lord instead of super villain mastermind from 2000s+.

I do have to say as someone who hasn't cared about Gunn's "nepotism", giving his brother a third role feels like a bridge too far

• Haha
Using Lord this quickly is definitely surprising though based on James casting his brother, I'm guessing it'll be the orginal version of Lord instead of super villain mastermind from 2000s+.

I do have to say as someone who hasn't cared about Gunn's "nepotism", giving his brother a third role feels like a bridge too far
This is the technically seventh James Gunn project where his brother is given a role (not counting a couple of TV projects they worked together on).

Toby in Super (2010)
Marty in The Belko Experiment
Kraglan (GotG)
Rocket Body double (GotG)
Weasel mo-cap performer (Suicide Squad)
Calendar Man (Suicide Squad)
Maxwell Lord

And it’s not like Gunn doesn’t have a history of frequently reworking with some actors (Michael Rooker, Nathan Fillion, etc).

Gunn has his crew of people who will always have a job with him. It's no accident his wife was grandfathered into this new universe from the DCEU.