T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^I’m trying to think of which Universal IPs haven’t been used yet or aren’t currently under construction besides Secret Life of Pets (which is literally Toy Story note for note, just with pets). I can’t think of anything.

If you are talking Universal IP's...Bourne and Sing. Although they could pull an abridged card for Wicked. That said, Wicked and Sing doesn't seem to be the ones prodominently rumored.

The ones predominantly rumored is Bourne (which is a Universal IP), or 007 (Not owned by Universal, but is known universally).

Universal is weird with announcing projects. They still fear that if it's announced too early guests will put off a trip.

I still wish they just pull a Hollywood for Orlando with them going out to announce what is coming, but to not give specifics.

Welcome to the forums!

Universal is weird with announcing projects. They still fear that if it's announced too early guests will put off a trip.

Thanks!

Well that does makes sense. I only live 4 hours from Orlando and I have no interest in going back until Disney finishes Star Wars GE and Universal with Nintendo. So there is some truth to that.

Thanks!

Well that does makes sense. I only live 4 hours from Orlando and I have no interest in going back until Disney finishes Star Wars GE and Universal with Nintendo. So there is some truth to that.
Yeah, but those are HUGE properties/lands with some Mega-E's.

No one was booking trips around T2 and whatever replaces it, even if it is Bond, isn't something that people will wait out.

Yeah, but those are HUGE properties/lands with some Mega-E's.

No one was booking trips around T2 and whatever replaces it, even if it is Bond, isn't something that people will wait out.

Well to be fair nobody is going to make a trip to Orlando for whatever the replacement is for Terminator. People care more about big themed lands or insanely popular IPs. Sing, James Bomd, Jason B, or even Star Trek won't cut it.

Well to be fair nobody is going to make a trip to Orlando for whatever the replacement is for Terminator. People care more about big themed lands or insanely popular IPs. Sing, James Bomd, Jason B, or even Star Trek won't cut it.
That was my point.

I get Universal waiting out on announcing Nintendo because that's huge, but the replacement for T2? A part of me wonders if they have even decided yet. If it truly is a Universal property, they don't need to worry about rights so it's just about choosing whatever's on the shortlist.

Reactions: tankart150 and Joel
That was my point.

I get Universal waiting out on announcing Nintendo because that's huge, but the replacement for T2? A part of me wonders if they have even decided yet. If it truly is a Universal property, they don't need to worry about rights so it's just about choosing whatever's on the shortlist.

Yeah after I posted my comment I realized I only reiterated what you said. So we're in complete agreement here.

I've heard that they have wanted to replace Terminator for years. So I do believe they have something in mind. There probably just waiting for the right time to announce it.

Reactions: tankart150
That was my point.

UC is on a small hiring binge, suggesting several projects aren't done.

Show Writers in general, then all kinds of design, engineer, and architect specifically for Nintendo.

Nintendo is not in a finalized design for Florida. I question if Japan's is considering the postings and emphasis on Japanese.

So for whatever reason they're pushing forward projects that are still in vague-ville.

To give that context, things at that level of vague (no solid design) have often been canceled even after being announced to the public. That they closed a venue in anticipation is odd.

UC is on a small hiring binge, suggesting several projects aren't done.

Show Writers in general, then all kinds of design, engineer, and architect specifically for Nintendo.

Nintendo is not in a finalized design for Florida. I question if Japan's is considering the postings and emphasis on Japanese.

So for whatever reason they're pushing forward projects that are still in vague-ville.

To give that context, things at that level of vague (no solid design) have often been canceled even after being announced to the public. That they closed a venue in anticipation is odd.
I don't think this attraction started with a story they wanted to tell. More like a new toy they wanted to play with.

Is any work being done to the building or interior? It seems as if they could have kept it open a bit longer?