T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Terminator...Avatar....I imagine it has nothing to do with anything, but why continue to support someone who went with the compition?

Allegedly Universal offered Cameron to replace T2 with Avatar, but he wanted Harry Potter-like treatment for his baby, which Universal laughed at.

Looks like MGM is keeping Bond. Just made a deal with Annapurna...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/11...c-distributor?abthid=5a0912d9af28b6e947000031

MGM was always keeping it, the question was who they would be partnering with for distribution.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Bourne is dumb- more appeal for teenage boys. Just what UOR was lacking... They should probably find a place to put a Fast and the Furious attraction while they’re at it.
I agree. Bourne is dated, talking about it NOW, in the year 2017. In the year 2019, it's going to be even worse. And for an attraction that you would think they want to stick around for 5-10 years... yeesh. There's a difference between building an attraction/show alongside a property, and the show being good enough to outlive the property (WaterWorld) and building a show based off a dead and not even good IP for no real reason.

I agree. Bourne is dated, talking about it NOW, in the year 2017. In the year 2019, it's going to be even worse. And for an attraction that you would think they want to stick around for 5-10 years... yeesh. There's a difference between building an attraction/show alongside a property, and the show being good enough to outlive the property (WaterWorld) and building a show based off a dead and not even good IP for no real reason.

Again...if the show is good...who cares?

Avatar is a dog crap franchise and everyone is losing their marbles over the land.

So if they announced they were going to make an all original action show, would you all be upset? What does it matter if they tag the Bourne IP on it? There will be stunts, gun shots, people flying and falling, explosions, etc. I expect a Waterworld type show without the water. If it's Bond, Bourne, non IP, or any random IP, it really doesn't matter.

I don't think it will be a good show or a good fit as Bourne. There's no guarantee that it will be good or bad either way, and this doesn't sound promising.

I don’t know enough about the show to pass judgement 2 years before it opens. Again, Water World is great. If this can be 1/2 the show Water World is, I’ll be satisfied, boring IP be damned

Reactions: fryoj
I just think what makes WaterWorld great doesn't (and won't) apply to this IP. IMO, without the water element, WaterWorld is not that great of a stunt show.

If you want to be excited (or fine with it), that's totally your perogative but in my eyes this just seems like a forced concept.

I just think what makes WaterWorld great doesn't (and won't) apply to this IP. IMO, without the water element, WaterWorld is not that great of a stunt show.

If you want to be excited (or fine with it), that's totally your perogative but in my eyes this just seems like a forced concept.

I’m overall indifferent on the project. Don’t know enough to feel one way or the other. I just think assuming it’ll be bad because of Bourne is premature.

IMO if they don’t have Bond the project should be changed to a musical project (Wicked, Shrek, Spongebob), but that’s not what seems to be happening. As long as the end product is good, I’m fine with it

Reactions: Coasted and Ryan
IMHO this better be a significant step forward from the Indy Stunt show at DHS. (I have only seen Sinbad once like 8 years ago) . I feel like the Indy show is "decent" but after they lessened it as a result of the cast member death it really felt much more stale for me. At LEAST Indy has some iconic scenes (the plane fight, the boulder) to rely on so even though they aren't all that exciting they are still fun in a "remember this from the movie" type of way. If the stunts aren't exciting the tech and special effects better be... jes saying. Also I understand what people are saying regarding Bourne being a really uninspired choice. At least Bond has more cartoonish villians and crazy gadgets. I feel like Bourne is just too close to real life and pretty humorless.

I’m overall indifferent on the project. Don’t know enough to feel one way or the other. I just think assuming it’ll be bad because of Bourne is premature.

IMO if they don’t have Bond the project should be changed to a musical project (Wicked, Shrek, Spongebob), but that’s not what seems to be happening. As long as the end product is good, I’m fine with it

Out of curiosity, what do you think the significant changes between a Bond and Bourne show would be? Music and recognizability of the characters?

For what it's worth, it looks like Annapurna just has the domestic distribution rights to Bourne locked up. The international distribution rights are still on the table with the usual suspects (WB, Universal, etc) in contention.

AnnaPurna sounds like a cat food company ... never heard of it!
They're an indie movie company. They've done a lot of the critically acclaimed Oscar bait of the past few years. I'm really surprised they're choosing to do Bond, but let's be real: I know nothing about this stuff.