T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We’re getting into Disney speculation territory, talking about films still in theaters that would be great additions to the parks... except, it usually doesn’t come that quickly (USH’s Jurassic Park being one large exception). Remember a few months ago, when Coco was a “sure thing” to go to Epcot?

Anything in theaters now would have a better shot at opening in the next decade, unless it’s attached to a larger franchise (like, say, Fantastic Beasts) or a quick conversion of an existing ride.
All you need to do is look to Frozen. Sure a M&G was installed but a ride took 3? years and look what they built. I guess they wanted to keep ALL the money on the bottom line.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
We’re getting into Disney speculation territory, talking about films still in theaters that would be great additions to the parks... except, it usually doesn’t come that quickly (USH’s Jurassic Park being one large exception). Remember a few months ago, when Coco was a “sure thing” to go to Epcot?

Anything in theaters now would have a better shot at opening in the next decade, unless it’s attached to a larger franchise (like, say, Fantastic Beasts) or a quick conversion of an existing ride.
To be fair, Coco actually was virtually green-lit by TDO. They chickened out at the last minute since toy sales haven't been good.

Oh how the almighty dollar talks.

All you need to do is look to Frozen. Sure a M&G was installed but a ride took 3? years and look what they built. I guess they wanted to keep ALL the money on the bottom line.
It took 20 months. Closed October 5th, 2014 and opened June 21, 2016... actually pretty fast for Disney. Hell, Disaster! closed October 2015 and it's replacement has still yet to open... and not too many people are excited for it either.

Last edited:
Frozen is a bad example considering Disney was able to give one of their most profitable properties a ride within 3 years, meanwhile Uni's most profitable franchise is just now getting a ride after 8 movies.

Most of the time I just joke to make things light...The announcement was extremely vague of Universal, but they seem to be very cautious with announcements and what to announce when...

Most people who make every post a joke annoy me to no end. But you? You keep giving and giving and giving. And after every joke I don't think your streak will continue- but yet you deliver time and time again. Keep them coming!

:thumbsup:

Haha. In the Hollywood section of the park? No.
I know we touched on this before, (and that the Johnny English thing was a joke,) but being in the Hollywood section means they could literally do a show based on any IP at all. Just do it like Indiana Jones Stunts Spectacular or Lights Motors Action where the premise is they're shooting a new movie. And the IP for the show is the type of new movie they're making.

Would fit in well next door to Horror Make-Up as the one land left that actually still teaches you something about filmmaking.

Never actually saw it, was just the only place I could think of, they were probably in the purge truck though
If you have never seen it, then how do you know these guns were used in HHN? Did someone tell you or how did you that info? Is it for real or just a rumour?

I know the T-70 guns were quite heavy, so I can't imagine performers running around with it.

If you have never seen it, then how do you know these guns were used in HHN? Did someone tell you or how did you that info? Is it for real or just a rumour?

I know the T-70 guns were quite heavy, so I can't imagine performers running around with it.
I had heard it on this topic and tried to imagine where it was used, totally could not have been used, though. I never saw them.

Reactions: tankart150