T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the "live action experience" knocks Sing out. Yeah, they could put the singers in costumes and make it a live show, but there would be no action to it. If it was Sing they would refer to it as a show or musical or something like that.

The Wild West Stunt Show wouldn't have a franchise attachment though.... Could it be something with the monsters?

Just telling you the direction I heard. Stunt-focused show, not a music show.

EDIT: Also, the post specifically said "Live Action". SING is decidedly not "Live Action"

Well, Mickey and the Magical Map is based in animation and is live-action. So it's not impossible.

But if it is stunts, then hm

Well, Mickey and the Magical Map is based in animation and is live-action. So it's not impossible.

I think you play to your strengths, and Universal really has never been all that good at character-based shows. Plus, just from a diversification argument, 2019 with the following lineup hits a bunch of different demographics:

-SLoP replacing Shrek
-Stunt Show replacing T2
-New Potter E-Ticket

There's always Bond. Stunt potential galore....How to Train Dragons too.

Bond is not a Uni franchise, which they highlighted.

I think you play to your strengths, and Universal really has never been all that good at character-based shows. Plus, just from a diversification argument, 2019 with the following lineup hits a bunch of different demographics:

-SLoP replacing Shrek
-Stunt Show replacing T2
-New Potter E-Ticket

This is a good point, I'm just struggling to think of what this may be.

Do you think the theater will be open air or enclosed? Will they reuse the current theater or will any buildings get demolished?

What if it would a Bill & Ted show visiting all old Universal movies?
We could them see visit the classic monster movies, Back to the Future, Jaws, Ghostbusters and all that good stuff. I'd love that. Add the led screen backdrop and you could bring those scene's alive and make changes when new classics arrive.
B&T is not a Universal movie, which was what was stated by Universal's release about the closure.

Really bummed to be losing T2, but I can live with it if the replacement is as good or better. And I will be pleased that 3D Alley will be getting smaller. Curious that whatever is going to be replacing it is apparently going to take 18-ish months to get operational; that implies to me that the project has a certain level of scope and scale.

Ideally I’d like it to be in the same general genre: action-oriented, aimed more towards teens and adults, based on a popular, genre-y IP, etc. Even better if they tried to do something equivalent in the modern era to the groundbreaking hybrid show T2 was when it first arrived in the 1990s.

Please, not a musical show. For the love of God, not a musical show.

Could it be something with the monsters?

I'd love to see it (and it would fit in nicely next to Horror Makeup), but I would never categorize the Classic Monsters as "high energy."

-SLoP replacing Shrek

Does this rumor actually have some heat behind it, or just pure conjecture at this point?