T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 168 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would be surprised if it is not open by the end of the year as they are making a lot of progress and by the looks of it, there is not much left to do. I think they have two options they either try and open it during HHN or they wait and open it just in time for the Thanksgiving and Christmas crowds. It would give them something to try and bring people in while Rise of the Resistance opens early December. Personally, I think about three weeks before debut we will get a blog post that will just come out of the blue announcing it.

Not everything has to be tit for tat.

After all, Galaxy's Edge is more a response to Diagon Alley than anything.

Universal, (just like SeaWorld and Busch Gardens) is attempting to open at least one new attraction a year to keep visitors coming. They don't have to open at a specific time to "compete" with a some offering elsewhere. It's more about keeping their own parks fresh is all.

Not everything has to be tit for tat.

After all, Galaxy's Edge is more a response to Diagon Alley than anything.

Universal, (just like SeaWorld and Busch Gardens) is attempting to open at least one new attraction a year to keep visitors coming. They don't have to open at a specific time to "compete" with a some offering elsewhere. It's more about keeping their own parks fresh is all.
Say it again it again for the people in the back. :clap:

I hope it’s not a Bourne show for Hhn. That would be frustrating. And if it’s being advertised for Hhn it would have to also be open for day guests. Can’t really see this happening. Makes it not so exclusive for Hhn

Reactions: tankart150
And if it’s being advertised for Hhn it would have to also be open for day guests. Can’t really see this happening. Makes it not so exclusive for Hhn

Not necessarily. This could be a way for them to soft open the attraction while also having a new unique option for HHN. Personally I don't think it really fits the tone of the event but I'm really hoping it'll be open one way or another for my trip in October.

Reactions: tankart150
Just as a reminder what this new show is up against if it wants to better its predecessor. Here's a great video of the very last show of T2 3D from attractions magazine. It's really neat to see the crowd really get into it and the emotion in the actors after the performance.

My ex-girlfriend was in this vid. Thanks for triggering my PTSD. :thumbsup:

Just as a reminder what this new show is up against if it wants to better its predecessor. Here's a great video of the very last show of T2 3D from attractions magazine. It's really neat to see the crowd really get into it and the emotion in the actors after the performance.

Terminator, in it's original glory, was one of the greatest theme park shows ever. Unfortunately time was not a friend, as the screen & film lost it's luster, effects deteriorated, and the bike became unreliable :(. But the memories of it up until the end times were good :). I hope the best for it's replacement, but Terminator was a standard that will be most difficult, and unlikely, to equal.

Terminator, in it's original glory, was one of the greatest theme park shows ever. Unfortunately time was not a friend, as the screen & film lost it's luster, effects deteriorated, and the bike became unreliable :(. But the memories of it up until the end times were good :). I hope the best for it's replacement, but Terminator was a standard that will be most difficult, and unlikely, to equal.
Totally agree. I saw it on the final day and the 3D wasn't really working at all for me, so my extreme nostalgia for the attraction is more based on earlier experiences. At least the pre-show remained fun. I was kind of surprised how sad I felt when I walked by the day after closing and saw they had removed all signage overnight.

Last edited:
Torally agree. I saw it on the final day and the 3D wasn't really working at all for me, so my extreme nostalgia for the attraction is more based on earlier experiences. At least the pre-show remained fun. I was kind of surprised how sad I felt when I walked by the day after closing and saw they had removed all signage overnight.
Yes. fortunately I caught it a few times on my May trip before it closed, one time with no bike working. It was sad to see the deterioration. But my main memories were from it's better days.