T2:3D Show Footage | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D Show Footage

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I saw the show on Saturday and the T-1000 didn't appear when he was supposed to lol. Really threw me right out of it, it was just weird having them react to something that isn't there. And I don't know if it was just my glasses but the 3D was pretty bad in some spots.

I hadn't seen T2 in a month or so, and was surprised how much better the film looked. The 3D still has the same convergence/ghosting issues, but the image had no dust or scratches that I could see. (I used to watch that film up to 24 times a day, so I'm pretty sensitive to its picture quality). TM told me they had replaced the film print a few weeks ago. It looked so good I would have believed it if they said they went to digital...

The only odd part was that the T1000 didn't choke Kimberly, she ran off stage left. Haven't seen that alternate blocking in a while.

So I saw the show on Saturday and the T-1000 didn't appear when he was supposed to lol. Really threw me right out of it, it was just weird having them react to something that isn't there. And I don't know if it was just my glasses but the 3D was pretty bad in some spots.

Where did the T-1000 appear? How this alteration play out?

The only odd part was that the T1000 didn't choke Kimberly, she ran off stage left. Haven't seen that alternate blocking in a while.
What I would love to see some footage of that...

If the T-1000 lift is broken he comes out the door on the right side. It's not ideal but I've seen it happen before. Just looks like he liquifies off the screen and materializes on the side. The choke was out for a little while. Kimberly just screams and runs off as soon as the T-1000 appears. Not ideal either but it doesn't change the story.

If the T-1000 lift is broken he comes out the door on the right side. It's not ideal but I've seen it happen before. Just looks like he liquifies off the screen and materializes on the side. The choke was out for a little while. Kimberly just screams and runs off as soon as the T-1000 appears. Not ideal either but it doesn't change the story.

From a story point of view it does change the story in fact because Kimberley survives. Normally she dies. That's a big alteration for me ;-)

I always thought the Kimberley choke was just a small thing to lift her and she lets herself fall back. But it sounds she gets also thrown with that device. Without the device, isn't it an option to have the T-1000 choke her without lifting her and then she falls on the "couch". This sounds more in line with the original story than the way she runs off now.
[don't get me wrong, I like the sound of this alternate version and was just thinking about a way around that choke device. I only wish I would not live on the other side of the planet but near to the park so I could visit it now so I could see this alternate show]

There is a lift behind that console that she stands on to be lifted during the choke. That's not the issue right now. The lift works just fine. From what I've been told by a team member is the crash pad that she falls on is being replaced. They're just waiting for the new pad to come in. Anyone else hearing the same thing?

It wasn't last weekend when I saw it - the whole beginning of the show was altered, with Kimberly running off stage and the Terminator running out of the screen as opposed to driving (very disjointed when you see the bike on screen and suddenly he's running on stage). I found it funny that it seems they can't turn off the bike sound effects because they continued to play despite it's absence.

Again... just a quick update on this. The seats last week didn't drop with the final explosion... They half rose up, stalled a bit... kinda fell down whilst still supposedly rising and then nothing at the end... seemed a shame because that effect is awesome. I was watching with a UO virgin who sais they thought T2 3D was lame... I was so sad to hear that as I love it but the finale didn't have anywhere near as big of an impact without it.

That's pretty disappointing - hopefully all the effects are back up quickly. However old it may be I sincerely hope we don't lose this show anytime soon, it's one of the most unique and entertaining in any theme park...

It's been rough for months now by the looks of it. Such a shame!

It is as I heard that the film had been updated and looked "awesome"... I was hoping it had gotten some TLC.... I didn't notice the film at all... in fact I would have said the film looked pretty bad so not sure where that has come from.

I know last Saturday everything worked perfectly except for the Kimberly choking part. Motorcycle worked pretty consistently, where just a few weeks ago it worked the first 1-2 shows, and after that "Arnold" walked out of the screen. Never had a problem with the seats rising/falling.

Trust me... I adore T2:3D but after seeing it in that state last week if it was to go I'd understand.