Terror Tram: Enter the Blumhouse | Inside Universal Forums

Terror Tram: Enter the Blumhouse

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For some reason, I’m fairly excited about this. Any confirmation on what they’ll do with the Nope sets?

Well....Nope sets had a good run

I mean its mainly disappointing to me because it just cuts 5 mins from the attraction

Cool for those who can spend that much, glad I got to walk the sets before.

Anyway excited for the Terror as normal

I always feel like the most jaded and bitter Hollywood fan because I just think Terror Tram is a massive waste of time and resources. It's the same thing every year just with different characters. It's also so truncated compared to the earlier iterations that would take you on the trail along the hill, now it's just a pretty direct path from Bates Motel to War of the Worlds. Plus, without access to the Nope sets, it's going to be even shorter than ever.

I loved the Nope sets and the scenes they put there the last two years, but overall, they never added anything to the theme - they saved the tram experience from being a complete dud but I’m hoping this creates more focus. If anything, I hope it allocates more of the cast to the main Terror Tram route (WotW sets was EMPTY last two years for me). Any extra costumes and props making a more condensed experience may be beneficial. I feel the route was being worn a little thin and the tram was already a bit lackluster before the extension. I mourn the loss but ultimately see this as hopefully a good thing to getting the Tram route back in shape.

I always feel like the most jaded and bitter Hollywood fan because I just think Terror Tram is a massive waste of time and resources. It's the same thing every year just with different characters. It's also so truncated compared to the earlier iterations that would take you on the trail along the hill, now it's just a pretty direct path from Bates Motel to War of the Worlds. Plus, without access to the Nope sets, it's going to be even shorter than ever.

The thing is, the event agreed and tried going without it in 2019... but the main complaint they got from the general public was no Terror Tram. So here we are.

I assume this is what the tram layout will be like
Dropoff - M3gan
Bates Motel - Freaky
Psycho House Maze - Happy Death Day
WOTW - Purge
Indoor Maze - Black Phone
This is a great guess, but I think things may be a little more mixed. Like I could see the Black Phone van hanging out at the Bates Motel. Purgers being part of the chainsaw brigade in the beginning. Megan roaming the WotW sets would be cool too. If they’re going to go with any story for this thing, I think Megan taking over and AI destroying everything would make sense.

2012-2014 comes to mind for me really great uses of that hill path. In fact, I think those years really were high points for the Terror Tram in general. The post-apocalyptic Walking Dead theme obviously worked well with the 747, but they also had a good amount of walkthrough areas within the paths. I would love to see some of that come back and have them mix it up a bit.

I do like this Blumhouse theme though. Excited to have a proper M3GAN presence!

Reactions: FeistyPumpkin
Big reason for that. Those sets are used all the time for filming. Psycho sets and WoTW rarely ever host an active production.

It's why I understand why it won't--but I still maintain the big issues with TT is not the quality of the experience; just more of the issues on the walking route.

Fully understand they can't really do a damn thing in that; but I hope they can one day. Give it new life somewhere else on the lot, IMO.

It's why I understand why it won't--but I still maintain the big issues with TT is not the quality of the experience; just more of the issues on the walking route.

Fully understand they can't really do a damn thing in that; but I hope they can one day. Give it new life somewhere else on the lot, IMO.
I’ve walked most of that route. Logistically, I don’t even know how it would be possible (although cool). The path we currently have could benefit from some changes though.

I’ve walked most of that route. Logistically, I don’t even know how it would be possible (although cool). The path we currently have could benefit from some changes though.
I work on the lot frequently. I’ll be honest I’ve walked the route and actually figured out a very feasible way it could be done. It’s kind of like a loop tho, and there’s some things that would need to be worked out, but the path is very possible. Taking it away from the $$$ filming brings in is the main reason it wouldn’t happen.

Don’t forget that it’s not just the money to rent the space, it’s all the side $$$ that comes with it from rentals and other lot amenities that productions pay for when utilizing the lot.

I agree the path is pretty boring, after all these years, and even after a couple years of the Nope sets I’m pretty bored with them and won’t miss that part this season.

I, do, however continue to enjoy the uniqueness of the experience and usually appreciated the videos we get to see while on the tram

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Like at the end of the day--it's still great to have that opportunity; that element of being able to experience some form of walking around the Universal lot. And it's become just as much important on a brand face appearance for the event as it does for houses.

I just wish they could do something to reduce that unfortunately boring tendencies that comes down to the age of the main route itself,